Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 07-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
shibby4781
Snozzberry Taster

First Name: Keith
Trading: (3)
shibby4781 is on a distinguished road
Default Graycliff Hotel

Hi All! The wife and I are are doing a Disney cruise in December and there is a stop in Nassau.We usually stay on the ship since everyone seems to flock to the island and we have better access to the ships amenities. However, I'm curious out the Graycliff Hotel.Has anyone ever been there? is it worth it? Ant tips?
Old 07-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation
Default Re: Graycliff Hotel

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14289
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
MrWolf55
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Mike
Trading: (3)
RyJ
MrWolf55 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Graycliff Hotel

Was just there 6 months ago for the second time. Place is AWESOME. I highly recommend it if you've got a free hour (or more). It's only about a 5-10 walk from the main dock the cruise ships let off at. You can just walk in and tour the factory; dont need to be on a tour or invited or anything. I just walked in, asked the lady in the gift shop if I could see the factory, and she was like 'yeah sure the door is right there down the hall' and we got to walk in and be right in the middle of it all. It was probably the most memorable cigar-nerd moment I've ever had. You can talk to the rollers and do whatever you want - they're really friendly people.
The gift shop is a ripoff though - they have every single viotla of every line in there (even some exclusive stuff you can only get at the resort) but the prices were ALL in the $20-30 range. After seeing the factory and the gift shop, we walked around the whole hotel and got to see the whole grounds and the pool and courtyards and everything. It was a breathtaking sight to behold. Keep in mind this place is a 5-star resort that goes for hundreds to thousands of dollars a night - cigars are just part of their game. So your wife may enjoy visiting it to if she's not interesting in their cigar factory. PM me if you have any questions about it or anything about cigars in Nassau.
MrWolf55 is offline   Reply With Quote