Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-20-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Alec Bradley Star Insignia

Alec Bradley Star Insignia!!!!! Been waiting for this one to be released. Larry (Ogre3239) had a sampler at Epic III and passed this stick around and I was very impressed. Was a nice box-pressed maduro with a nice kick of spice and chocolate. Well just ordered my 5er, this was the first place I saw that was selling them. Thought I'd pass this along to my fellow BOTL/SOTL. I am in no way affiliated with BestCigarPrices.com...just passing some info on a nice stick.

http://www.bestcigarprices.com/search/insignia/

Mods...when you come around...can you please clean up the title (misspelled Insignia)
Old 02-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
whodeeni

Default Re: Alec Bradley Star Ingsignia

I have a pre-release sitting around.... guess i should smoke it huh Mac?

Which size did you get?
Old 02-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
smokin5
Have My Own Room

Trading: (69)
Bolivar
smokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nice

I had a pre-release in November, was somewhat disappointed with it.
The 1st half was quite good, earthy espresso with a spicy tang & meaty feel. The 2nd half became flat & sharp, despite purging. Only had one Robusto, not tried the Toro or Churchill yet, as I'm hoping a little nap will improve them.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #4
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin5 View Post
The 1st half was quite good, earthy espresso with a spicy tang & meaty feel. The 2nd half became flat & sharp, despite purging. Only had one Robusto, not tried the Toro or Churchill yet, as I'm hoping a little nap will improve them.
We got some in the shop several months ago and I have to agree. The Prensado and Tempus blow it away. I think AB peaked with those two.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodeeni View Post
I have a pre-release sitting around.... guess i should smoke it huh Mac?

Which size did you get?
Grabbed a 5er of the Toros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin5 View Post
I enjoyed the pre-release. ..but then again, it was in a PPP and only had about 5 takes from it...but really enjoyed it.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #6
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

I enjoyed it as well. It burned consistent and even for me.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:42 AM   #7
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the heads up. I must of been hiding under a rock because I never heard of these. Going to grab a sampler. Great box prices.
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #8
Miket156

Cool Re: Alec Bradley Star Insignia

I don't know about these smokes. I got the promo info from BCP when they started offering these cigars and I thought the box prices on a "no name" cigar was a bit high when I can buy La Flor Dominicana for a few bucks more a box and be sure of what I'm getting. No rating either, so I passed.

Cheers,

Mike T.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #9
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Default Re: Alec Bradley Star Insignia

Just grabbed a box of the robustos. Couldn't help myself.

Thought I'd throw a pic up...

Star Insignia by Alec Bradley consists of a dark Nicaraguan wrapper from the Jalapa region, which encases a Sumatran binder and filler blend of Honduran, Nicaraguan, and secret tobaccos. The smokes are medium-to-full bodied with notes of dark chocolate, cedar, and spice, and feature box-pressed construction for a perfect draw and burn.

Strength: Medium-Full Bodied
Origin: Honduras
Wrapper: Maduro

Last edited by kelmac07; 02-21-2011 at 01:50 PM.
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #10
bscottskangum
Oh yeah, I'm awesome!

First Name: Barry
Trading: (11)
Montecristo
bscottskangum will become famous soon enoughbscottskangum will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Just grabbed a box of the robustos. Couldn't help myself.
You got a problem
bscottskangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:07 PM   #11
weak_link
The Stranger

First Name: Eric
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
weak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
We got some in the shop several months ago and I have to agree. The Prensado and Tempus blow it away. I think AB peaked with those two.

I used to agree with you that the Tempus was fantastic. When it was first released I really, really liked that smoke. The last few fivers I've purchased have convinced me not to buy anymore. Not sure if the blend changed or what but they don't seem to have the same depth they once did. A couple guys in our local group noticed the same thing, not sure what went wrong there.
weak_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #12
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the heads up Mac! These look intriguing.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #13
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Old 02-23-2011, 06:50 PM   #14
thecatch83

Good stuff Mac.....Bestcigarprices.com is offering up a free $20.00 gift certificate with AB purchase (Just a heads up). Has anyone tasted AB's New York specific line? Good deals going around on those as well.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #15
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatch83 View Post
Good stuff Mac.....Bestcigarprices.com is offering up a free $20.00 gift certificate with AB purchase (Just a heads up). Has anyone tasted AB's New York specific line? Good deals going around on those as well.
That's where I snagged them from Ty.