Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-08-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
Lucky_Hippo
A Cigar = 42

First Name: Gary
Trading: (2)
Lucky_Hippo is on a distinguished road
Default Sancho Panza draw issues

Anyone else getting draw issues from their Sancho Panza's lately? My last 2 boxes it seems like every third stick I pull out is plugged beyond smokability. I've taken to carrying 2 sticks if I want to smoke one during the day just in case I end up with a throw away.

I used to recommend these as a pretty nice cheap smoke but I'm getting a little frustrated lately and just got curious to see if anyone else is finding the same thing, or I've just hit a couple of dud boxes.

Thx gang.

((I keep my humi around 63% and eveything else is smoking great))
Old 12-08-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sancho Panza draw issues

I keep the double maduros in my visit frequently rotation, and have not had a plugged one that I can remember. Now the cap falling off is another story.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

I Let Mine Rest At Least A Year. No Problems, Here.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #4
d'am
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (7)
Bolivar
d'am is on a distinguished road

I've had recent troubles with the extra fuerte ROTT at around ~70%RH. I've got a few in my humidor at ~65% hoping it will change things, but if your experience holds, it might not...

It's a shame, too. They have a great flavor, especially for the price.
d'am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:15 AM   #5
Lucky_Hippo
A Cigar = 42

Thanks for the feed back guys. I've had these in the humi for at least 8 months now and i'm not ready to call it quits just yet since I've had pretty good luck with them in the past and enjoy the flavors (when they draw correctly). I'm glad to hear some are not having similar issues and will chalk it up to dumb luck. No sense throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:22 AM   #6
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_Hippo View Post
Thanks for the feed back guys. I've had these in the humi for at least 8 months now and i'm not ready to call it quits just yet since I've had pretty good luck with them in the past and enjoy the flavors (when they draw correctly). I'm glad to hear some are not having similar issues and will chalk it up to dumb luck. No sense throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Gary: What Is Your RH In Your Humi? Maybe Recalibrate Your Hygrometer? GL!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:52 AM   #7
Lucky_Hippo
A Cigar = 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Gary: What Is Your RH In Your Humi? Maybe Recalibrate Your Hygrometer? GL!

I'm running around 63%. I calibrated the Hydros a few months ago, but I may switch out the batteries and try it again just to be sure. Everything else seems to be smoking great, it's just my Sancho's that want to give me greif for some reason.

There's always gotta be one in the croud.