Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
OHRD
Garage w/ couch & ashtray

First Name: Matt
Trading: (39)
OHRD will become famous soon enoughOHRD will become famous soon enough
Default What's in your Humidor: Sean Williams of El Primer Mundo

Each Thursday, we’ll be asking those closest to the industry what they keep in their humidor and what their smoking habits are…
Today we are joined by Sean Williams, of El Primer Mundo. Sean works with Willy Herrera of El Titan de Bronze to create his blends, and just recently unveiled his fourth cigar, the Liga Miami. His lineup also includes a Criollo Maduro, Connecticut, and Rosado Oscuro.
What’s in your humidor?
The smallest humidor I have is a 500 count so I have some stuff in there I haven’t even looked at in a couple years. I obviously have a good bit of my stuff in there, namely; Black Label Robustos and Toros, Liga Miami toros, Red Label Robustos and Torpedos, and I have a few of my Blue Label Gran Toros, which I rarely have on hand. In addition to my stuff, I have a just a hodge podge of stuff. A couple Alec-Bradly Prensados, I have a few ETB Redemption Maduros. I have some Art Decos that I grabbed at a joint event I did with Miranda a few weeks ago. I have a few 7-20-4 I swiped from Kurt last week and some EPC just to name a few. I like to try new stuff.

What kind of humidor (and size) do you use for your personal storage?
I have a 20 count cigar caddy that I carry from time to time, but in my office I have the 500 count humidor that I mentioned previously. It’s a small cabinet I got through Cuban Crafters about four years ago.

How many cigars are in your humidor right now?

I probably have 350 or 400 in my personal humidor, but most of them I never touch. Some stuff was given to me that I’ll probably never touch.

Are you currently testing any new blends for your company? Any details?
Yeah, I’m tinkering with a blend I actually worked on a year ago. It’s something I have on the books at Segovia in Nicaragua. It’s a Nicaraguan puro. I was down there a few weeks ago and changed the binder. I’ll see what it does over the next few weeks. I was going to bring it out earlier this year but, I decided to get the Liga Miami out instead.

How many cigars do you smoke in a typical day, when you’re not blend testing?
In a typical day I’ll smoke 4-5. Sometimes I’ll get in 6 on a late night.

What are some of your all time favorite cigars?

That’s a tough one. Your palate changes and you can swing back in forth in your profile preference…at least I do. Some of the ones that come to mind are not available anymore, but some sticks that I’ve really liked over the years are Padron 26, LFD LG chisel, Partagas Serie D No. 4 (Cuban), Avo 787, Perdomo Silvio, Padilla 8&11, Alec Bradley Tempus…there’s a lot of them. Those are just a few but those are some that come to mind.