Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
stitch
Saddle Maker And Cowboy

Trading: (34)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
stitch is just really nicestitch is just really nicestitch is just really nicestitch is just really nice
Default Now I'm PISSED !

Ok, I’m not one to piss and whine about life … Usually I just suck it up, Adapt, Innovate and Overcome..... But
My Wife got laid off from her job at the lodge back in September, Then of course I had some problems.
We did everything we could to get by including Wifey baby sittin for a bunch of kids …
So … The lodge calls and asks if she will come back (She’s damn good at what she does)
She goes back … TEN days later they let her go again because they are gonna shut dowm!
Now Damn it I’ve been in business for 20 years and by God I know if my operation will last over 10 days or not !
Now we’re back to square one … And jobs are hard to come by up here right now,
All the kids she was watching now have other day care providers and she’s just screwed.
Are Business people really that out of touch with their own operations these days ????
Ok … Rant over …. I won’t complain about it any more !
Old 01-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
RIsmoker

Default Re: Now I'm PISSED !

You have every right to complain, your a much better man then me for only complaining about it, I'd go right into the business and cause all Hell.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

I am sorry to hear about that my friend. Sadly I think they prolly knew, and just really don't care. I get the feeling that lots of business owners and managers just really worry about the bottom line and don't care about the guys like us.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
dragon0708

Now that isn't right at all. They should have known and not bothered to ask your wife. Sorry to hear that. I hope everything turns out for you and your wife.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #5
wavescrashing
Unofficial CA Boli Ho

First Name: Mike
Trading: (19)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
wavescrashing has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch View Post
Ok, I’m not one to piss and whine about life … Usually I just suck it up, Adapt, Innovate and Overcome..... But
My Wife got laid off from her job at the lodge back in September, Then of course I had some problems.
We did everything we could to get by including Wifey baby sittin for a bunch of kids …
So … The lodge calls and asks if she will come back (She’s damn good at what she does)
She goes back … TEN days later they let her go again because they are gonna shut dowm!
Now Damn it I’ve been in business for 20 years and by God I know if my operation will last over 10 days or not !
Now we’re back to square one … And jobs are hard to come by up here right now,
All the kids she was watching now have other day care providers and she’s just screwed.
Are Business people really that out of touch with their own operations these days ????
Ok … Rant over …. I won’t complain about it any more !
Hell, i'm sorry to hear that. That's not only unprofessional, but does speak volumes of how they treat people (customers and employees). You guys will be in my thoughts brother.
wavescrashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:57 PM   #6
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I hope that you are both able to find work soon.

I know of several businesses in the past year that were "assured" that their business loans were ready to sign and called back employees only to get "so sorry" from the lenders and have to close the doors. Far too common recently. Could be what happened or not, but it screws over your family either way.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #7
captain53
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (3)
captain53 will become famous soon enough

They knew it before they called her, Business people to day are that sorry and self centered is the problem. That sort of ruthless behavior is everywhere these days, they don't give a damn about anybody but themselves.
captain53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:00 PM   #8
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain53 View Post
They knew it before they called her, Business people to day are that sorry and self centered is the problem. That sort of ruthless behavior is everywhere these days, they don't give a damn about anybody but themselves.
Secular humanism at it's finest.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #9
blugill
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andy
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry Stitch, that's a horrible way to treat someone who was willing to work for them.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #10
stitch
Saddle Maker And Cowboy

stitch is just really nicestitch is just really nicestitch is just really nicestitch is just really nice

The worst of it is that I truely like these people, they are ok folks as far I was concerned ... But they gave no one any notice, Wifey went to work yesterday and at 4pm they droped this bomb on her!
Today was your last day ... See ya' later bye.
No way would I do this to an employee.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #11
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Sorry to hear the bad news. I no way am I endorsing what happened, but there is a chance they re-opened prematurely with the hope of obtaining financing.
In this day of difficult loans, sometimes businesses run on the promise of obtaining financing from an individual or institution. If this falls through for some reason, the only alternative is to close the doors abruptly. Hopefully a new owner will step in and rehire some of the old employees. I will say a prayer for you family and hope things turn around quickly.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:33 PM   #12
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Sadly, that is how a lot of businesses operate nowadays. I just recently got laid off because my boss pretty much deep sixed the company because he is just a poor businessman and could have been successful had he just picked up his phone. We lost all of our contracts because of it and right before Christmas we shut down. He still has his CA ofice open but he shut the NC office down(Race division) and skipped town owing us all a months pay. Now I have the joys of having to go through the legal system to get monies owed to me because the Labor Board here can not reach outside the state. So not only did I lose my job but I am still owed over $4500 to boot. Another buddy of mine is in the same exact boat with a completely different company. Amazing how some business owners just don't give a crap no matter how much you went above and beyond for them. Thoughts and prayers sent to you and your wife. It's a chitty situation!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #13
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Sorry to hear this Stitch, and I hope she finds something soon.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:56 PM   #14
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Sorry about the bad news Stitch. Positive thoughts sent your way for the job search.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #15
sodomanaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain53 View Post
Sadly, I'm thinking this is the case too. Hell, a few years ago I was working at a restaurant that told everyone the place was closing a month LATER than they really were to keep people from quitting the last few weeks. Bunch of bastards...

Anyway, hope things work out for you guys.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:37 PM   #16
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Poronico will become famous soon enoughPoronico will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear about your troubles brother, Nothing a run to the mailbox cant fix...
Old 01-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #17
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Stitch, I will be the first to admit that from what I see you post and from what I have read that you do I look up to you and feel that in a lot of ways you live the life I want. I know times are hard, hell theyre hard everywhere, but you guys deffinatly seem to be getting much more than your share of the pain. All I know how to do is pray for you and yours and hope that y'all find your way through this twisted bullshit they call a job market.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:30 AM   #18
Azpostal
Feeling at Home

First Name: Don
Trading: (9)
Army (Served With Honor)
Azpostal is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry to hear about this. I can't believe that they didn't know 10 days out about shutting the lodge down. That is just horrible business sense! I hope things start to look up for your family.
Azpostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:21 AM   #19
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Sorry to hear that.
Sounds like they knew what was going to happen and needed her skills to help them finalize their intent.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #20
stitch
Saddle Maker And Cowboy

Ahhh … I realize that in life there are no guarantees’ and that in the long run no one owes anyone anything … But it was just the way they did it that grinds me.
You don’t call people, Ask them to come back, tell them it’s for a minimum of
5–6 months,
Then ten days later at the end of a shift tell them all …. Well, Sorry … See ya’ later.
It just strikes me as bad people skills.
Hell, We'll be ok .... We always are.
Thanks for the up lift ya' All