Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-28-2009, 02:00 AM   #1
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about
Default WBS Update!

Hey everyone!

I apologize for my incredibly long absence from the asylum...it has not been by choice. I have been in Guam since 19 September with the Air Force. I am having a really good time but staying very busy, and the internet service is terrible at best. I truly miss you guys. Andrew has been asking for my addy over here but I know better than that, I am not trying to bring bloodshed to this island.

So what have I been doing? Well besides working I have been scuba diving a lot. I got my open water certification 2 weeks ago and am going to start my advanced soon....it is truly amazing. They say Guam is one of the best scuba destinations in the world. Soon I will be diving where there are ship wrecks and a few planes underwater.

Have I been smoking? Of course!, although not as much as I would like. Unfortunately I was not able to fit anything extra in my luggage, so I did not bring any cigars with me. However, I did find a really sweet cigar bar downtown...although I certainly pay for it. In fact I just enjoyed a sweet VSG 3 days ago...it was like heaven.

I hope everyone is doing great. I am disappointing that I have not been able to keep up with everyone better. I am going to try to get on more but the time diff makes it tough to chat real time. I am 14hrs ahead of eastern time in the states. Again, I am truly sorry for not keeping in better touch with my many friends here. Please keep leaving messages on my profile...I will read them and try to respond to them.

While I am having a good time it is tough being away from friends and family, especially my wife Kate. It truly makes me appreciate my brothers and sisters in arms who have spent much longer in much tougher places than me. Thank you all! I will be leaving sometime around the end of March...if the rumors are true, which is over 1 month longer than our original departure date.

I am adding some pictures to show how beautiful Guam is....a true tropical paradise if you take advantage of it.

God Bless!

--James--

Old 10-28-2009, 02:40 AM   #2
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: WBS Update!

Fantastic pics! Hope you are enjoying your time out there. You should send your addy we can help you enjoy Guam even more
Old 10-28-2009, 02:44 AM   #3
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
Fantastic pics! Hope you are enjoying your time out there. You should send your addy we can help you enjoy Guam even more
Beautiful Picks!
longknocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:41 AM   #4
Azpostal
Feeling at Home

First Name: Don
Trading: (9)
Army (Served With Honor)
Azpostal is on a distinguished road

Excellent pics!
Azpostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:52 AM   #5
leasingthisspace

I am glad as is well. Glad your enjoying Guam too. Congrats on the diving cert. The pics look amazing. Take it easy and come home safe.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-28-2009, 04:30 AM   #6
Veritas
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Gregory
Trading: (1)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Veritas is on a distinguished road

Wow. I thought I was in an easy loaction. Enjoy Guam and all it has to offer. If you get a chance, dive Dogleg Reef. It's the one with the sunken WWII era Harley on it.
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:50 AM   #7
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear you're doing great James!! And to see that the Air Force is keeping you busy playing golf and scuba diving...LOL!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 05:08 AM   #8
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Nice pictures
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:37 AM   #9
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Good to hear from you James.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:50 AM   #10
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Thanks for the update James. Golf, scuba diving and cigar smoking...what more could a man want?
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #11
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Glad to hear things are relatively well with you... We've missed ya around here!!
Old 10-28-2009, 08:49 AM   #12
BORIStheBLADE
_

First Name: Mike
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
BORIStheBLADE will become famous soon enough

Nice pictures, sounds like the dodgy internet is worth it.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #13
Blindjimme
Judgement Impaired

First Name: JB
Trading: (14)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Blindjimme will become famous soon enough

Wow, nice. Your Guam visit sure beats mine. A 2 hour layover on the way to the Phillipines! At midnite! Enjoy James.
Blindjimme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #14
Prospector
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Mike
Trading: (11)
Prospector will become famous soon enough

Been wondering where you've been, James, but it does look like you're making the most out of a difficult situation
Seriously though, thank you for your service.
Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:13 AM   #15
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Thanks for the update James. Enjoy the rest of your time and thank you for your service.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #16
colimo
friend of Brother Maynard

First Name: doug
Trading: (41)
PL
colimo will become famous soon enough

nice to hear you're ok james.....i was feeling sorry for you reading your post, until i saw those great pics ....have fun and stay safe...

i think we may need to contact your wife for an address....been awhile since Guam has been hit by grenades
Old 10-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #17
ade06
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ade
Trading: (24)
Trinidad
ade06 will become famous soon enoughade06 will become famous soon enough

Good to here that you're doing well. Keep safe!
ade06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #18
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Thanks for the note. Glad to hear all is well with you.

Thanks for your service.

God's blessings.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #19
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

James, my man! Welcome back to the board! Glad to see you've taken my advise - my brother The Bird (ret.) always told me that USAF spells golf!
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #20
CBI_2
Have My Own Room

First Name: Paul
Trading: (0)
CBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the rough

Sweet pics. Thanks for sharing.