Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-27-2009, 04:05 PM   #1
TanithT
Herfer Grrrrl

First Name: Tanith
Trading: (26)
HdM
TanithT will become famous soon enoughTanithT will become famous soon enough
Default EO 601 Connecticut (Black) Toro Rabito

This yummy and elegantly constructed stick came to me courtesy of the Hebrew Hammer, who deserves thanks and praise for his well chosen selection.

The appearance and initial aroma of this stick was quite appealing. This is some very pretty leaf on the wrapper, though I am not normally a big fan of Connecticut. The draw was good and smooth despite a slightly scary number of small stems being clearly visible on the clip. The opening notes were savory, light and mild, with a pleasant herbal bitterness starting to develop after a few puffs. There was enough intensity of flavor here to characterize this smoke as medium bodied, but still on the lighter and smoother side.

This smoke stayed remarkably consistent throughout most of its life, with just a bit more development in the meaty and savory but faintly bitter herbal notes. Towards the end, those were the flavors that really dominated, but never became overwhelming.

This cigar would be a fine pairing with herb-grilled chicken, fire-roasted mango and basil salsa, and a good light to medium bodied beer or a buttery and well rounded Chardonnay.
TanithT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: EO 601 Connecticut (Black) Toro Rabito

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanithT View Post

This cigar would be a fine pairing with herb-grilled chicken, fire-roasted mango and basil salsa, and a good light to medium bodied beer or a buttery and well rounded Chardonnay.
Forget the cigar, I want DINNER!...........hahaha.....nice review....I love the 601's (red is my fav)
Old 05-27-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
gnukfu
I like cigars

First Name: George
Trading: (27)
LGC
gnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the rough

They're a very nice smoke.

I have no clue on the pairing stuff though. I figure every cigar I smoke goes good with pizza....or whatever I'm eating at the time!

gnukfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #4
TanithT
Herfer Grrrrl

First Name: Tanith
Trading: (26)
HdM
TanithT will become famous soon enoughTanithT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnukfu View Post
They're a very nice smoke.

I have no clue on the pairing stuff though. I figure every cigar I smoke goes good with pizza....or whatever I'm eating at the time!
Pizza is one of those things that just goes good with everything.

The flavor notes in this cigar reminded me of a nice, savory, meaty, herb roasted chicken, so that's what I'd enjoy pairing it with. If wine is the "second sauce", cigars are surely the third.
TanithT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #5
DougBushBC

I have had this cigar, and I think it was a bit more meaty and earthy than that, I would put it with a big steak!