Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-03-2009, 03:00 AM   #1
kzm007

Default Looking for fingerless leather gloves?

Particularly "Mens and Womens Deerskin Leather Motorcycle Gloves Maverick Classic OT" made by Churchill, as I like the shade of their tan.

Where's the cheapest place to buy these, anyone know?

Kegan
Old 04-03-2009, 03:18 AM   #2
Cigary

Default Re: Looking for fingerless leather gloves?

http://www.refinery29shops.com/produ...roductid=18091 $68

or

http://www.legendaryusa.com/SearchRe...?Search=gloves $49 ( doesnt say maverick classic )

Last edited by Cigary; 04-03-2009 at 03:30 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
kzm007

I like those, thanks for the links, and I will buy those if I can't find what I'm looking for exactly.

For whatever reason - I must have seen it somewhere, or imagined it or something years ago, and had it always stick with me - I've always wanted a pair that are fingerless after the first joint on each finger, and also open to let the thumb out. The only way I can think to explain this is like a spat for the hand - https://www.medco-athletics.com/imag...cts/263906.JPG.

I must be crazy, but does such a design even exist, and who would wear it? Seems awful specific to be a figment of my imagination. I actually had just a simple deerskin model in mind, like tanned-skin gloves, nothing more.

And no, I don't know why the hell I'd want these, or what the hell I'm on just somebody, tell me I'm not making this up.

A now confused and fearing for his sanity -

Kegan
Old 04-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
Sailkat
Smooth sailing

First Name: Kat
Trading: (5)
Sailkat has a spectacular aura aboutSailkat has a spectacular aura about

Sailing gloves have fingers just to the knuckle, including the thumb. Some are leather....
Old 04-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #5
kzm007

Thanks much for the info. I dunno, I'm really nowhere near water where that would stick in my mind.., I'm gonna go with the Mavericks it looks like.

Thanks everybody!
Old 04-04-2009, 04:03 AM   #6
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzm007 View Post
I like those, thanks for the links, and I will buy those if I can't find what I'm looking for exactly.

For whatever reason - I must have seen it somewhere, or imagined it or something years ago, and had it always stick with me - I've always wanted a pair that are fingerless after the first joint on each finger, and also open to let the thumb out. The only way I can think to explain this is like a spat for the hand - https://www.medco-athletics.com/imag...cts/263906.JPG.

I must be crazy, but does such a design even exist, and who would wear it? Seems awful specific to be a figment of my imagination. I actually had just a simple deerskin model in mind, like tanned-skin gloves, nothing more.

And no, I don't know why the hell I'd want these, or what the hell I'm on just somebody, tell me I'm not making this up.

A now confused and fearing for his sanity -

Kegan
Bicycle racers have been known to wear gloves like this as have shooters. I have a black pair that I wear at the pistol range. I also wear them when hunting in cold weather.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:26 AM   #7
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

As additional information, the only source that I found for your specific glove seems to be the manufacturer. Their website is www.jrcglove.com. Click on the open tip picture and they go for $41.99 a pair. Hope this helps.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:49 AM   #8
kzm007

To raise the dead a bit, thank you. I did manage to get ahold of the gloves for that price through Amazon, and they fit just fine.

I've actually find they give a little more grip for me when I'm using my cane; the hand of which is smooth. It's comfortable, and nice to hold as opposed to something rough, but it's slipped on occasion. The gloves remedy that somewhat.

Kegan