Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 10-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #701
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Re: Losing Weight with Andysutherland

I bought a nice fruit juice machine today, time to drink some vitamins
Old 10-19-2009, 04:53 PM   #702
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
Have you tried it out yet? I've always thought about getting one. It looks like fun.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:17 PM   #703
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
Ya. Linky?
I went to a place called "Pulp" while I was out in Ohio this weekend. They make healthy yogurt smoothies and wheatgrass and all sorts of feminine stuff like that. It was really good, I'm ashamed to say.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:18 AM   #704
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Ya. Linky?
Linky is in Dutch.

Andy, yes, I made some strawberry/mango/banana/apple juice the moment I came home. I made some banana/mango/apple/plum juice this morning.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:48 AM   #705
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

I'm officially down to 248.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:24 AM   #706
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

when you juice your fruit you're losing all the fiber and most of the water soluble vitamins. Much healthier to just eat the fruit whole. And because you're using more fruit when you juice than you would actually just eat, you're consuming way more sugar which will spike your insulin levels and could leave you feeling more groggy and hungry later. For the same reasons, juicing vegetables while still not as good as eating the vegetables themselves, is better for you than juicing fruit

Last edited by goalie204; 10-20-2009 at 05:30 AM.
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:27 AM   #707
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

187.6 this morning and I already had a cup of coffee.
2.6 pounds from my goal, 62.4 pounds lost. I backed my goal up to 175 or 180.
That's Andy's fault.
That'll allow me room to gain muscle weight and land at 185, where I want to be.
Plus I'll be ripped, and I'll once more be able to crush cans on my forehead.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:33 AM   #708
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
when you juice your fruit you're losing all the fiber and most of the water soluble vitamins. Much healthier to just eat the fruit whole. And because you're using more fruit when you juice than you would actually just eat, you're consuming way more sugar which will spike your insulin levels and could leave you feeling more groggy and hungry later. For the same reasons, juicing vegetables while still not as good as eating the vegetables themselves, is better for you than juicing fruit
Myles, I read this about five times.
If the juicer isn't an extractor, it isn't removing anything. If Ferdinand is throwing in the same amount of fruit he'd normally consume in a sitting, the only thing that could make it better is to add a carrot and a handful of spinach.
That'd decrease the sugars by volume (which, contrary to popular belief, are not bad for you) and increase beta carotene and vitamin K, which is also great.
I couldn't see Ferdie's juicer from the link because it required a post code, but a juicer by definition does not extract pulp or fiber. It's a juicer.
I'd just use my food processor, personally, because I have one.
I seldom eat fruit unless my daughter makes me, though.
I suppose I eat a lot more than I did a year ago, but it still isn't much.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #709
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
That's Andy's fault.
That'll allow me room to gain muscle weight and land at 185, where I want to be..
It's always my fault.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #710
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Quote:
Myles, I read this about five times.
If the juicer isn't an extractor, it isn't removing anything. If Ferdinand is throwing in the same amount of fruit he'd normally consume in a sitting, the only thing that could make it better is to add a carrot and a handful of spinach.
That'd decrease the sugars by volume (which, contrary to popular belief, are not bad for you) and increase beta carotene and vitamin K, which is also great.
I couldn't see Ferdie's juicer from the link because it required a post code, but a juicer by definition does not extract pulp or fiber. It's a juicer.
I'd just use my food processor, personally, because I have one.
I seldom eat fruit unless my daughter makes me, though.
I suppose I eat a lot more than I did a year ago, but it still isn't much.
I think the answer to this question lies in what type of juicer is used. Some just squeeze out the juice, while others use the skin, pulp, and all to make juice.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #711
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I think the answer to this question lies in what type of juicer is used. Some just squeeze out the juice, while others use the skin, pulp, and all to make juice.
I think you're right. That's what I was trying to say.
That's the difference between a juicer and an extractor. I use an extractor for making sketti sauce and jelly and so forth, and it pulls out all the skin and seeds and stuff.
I make smoothies in my food processor and don't lose anything.
I couldn't see a pic of Ferdie's juicer, I wanted to see what it does.
Regardless, I'm still not gonna eat banana peels and strawberry stems.
It's out of the question.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:14 AM   #712
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Regardless, I'm still not gonna eat banana peels and strawberry stems.
It's out of the question.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #713
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

This one squeezes the juice out. But the problem is, I have to eat fruit but I nearly ever do. I do like to drink fruit juice though, so my nutrician said I could replace 2 pieces of fruit a day for 2 glasses of fruitjuice a day.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:47 AM   #714
Nick
Feeling at Home

First Name: That's confidential
Nick is on a distinguished road

I'm jumping on this late but oh well. I've lost about 40 pounds from my heaviest while still gaining muscle and strength. The hardest part of losing weight is retaining and actually gaining that muscle while burning the fat.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:48 AM   #715
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
The hardest part of losing weight is retaining and actually gaining that muscle while burning the fat.
That's the trick. Gaining muscle and burning fat has to be done precisely.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:33 PM   #716
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

I'd rather just eat the fruit, imo - cheaper too :P
Old 10-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #717
Shaerza
Weasel

First Name: Dan
Trading: (0)
Partagas
Shaerza is on a distinguished road

Good to see you guys are all keeping up with this, and encouraging others to join in! Keep up the good losses.

I am still managing to hang pretty steady. Have to check myself every now and then when I stop paying attention to what im eating.
Shaerza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:40 PM   #718
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
I'm in the same boat as Ferdie. I should eat it, but I never do.
I like peanut M&M's a lot better than fruit.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:26 PM   #719
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Cheap is always good.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #720
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

Quote:
I'm in the same boat as Ferdie. I should eat it, but I never do.
I like peanut M&M's a lot better than fruit.
If you juiced them...........................added in a banana, it could be a new health phenomenon - peanut butter banana "juice" - on second thought skip the juicer, put it in a blender with a bit of milk and 3 scoops of ice cream! Oh wait..this is the wait loss thread not the weight gain thread