Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-13-2010, 12:24 PM   #21
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cigars and health

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Just sayin'. Life is a risk.
That's as good an answer as I've ever heard.
Welcome to life, right?
Old 12-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #22
CasaDooley
Herf Crew of 2

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (41)
HUpmann Navy (Disabled Vet)
CasaDooley has a spectacular aura aboutCasaDooley has a spectacular aura about

A good cigar definitely reduces stress. Trust me on this one bro!
Old 12-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #23
TheStatsGuy
I'm a proud Masshole

First Name: Tim #4
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
TheStatsGuy will become famous soon enough

Inevitably when you here a bunch of guys/gals talking about cigars someone doesn't particularly care for a type of smoke someone else enjoys and you'll hear "like what you smoke and smoke what you like" (aka Tom and his Gurkhas).

In this case I'll say like what you do and do what you like. I'll gladly sacrifice a little time on this earth for the enjoyment I derive from the friendships made and the fine cigars enjoyed for the last 10 years and many more going forward hopefully.

In honor of this thread I promise to go watch some football with friends tonight and smoke at least 2 cigars.

Ashes to ashes..
Old 12-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #24
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStatsGuy View Post
Inevitably when you here a bunch of guys/gals talking about cigars someone doesn't particularly care for a type of smoke someone else enjoys and you'll hear "like what you smoke and smoke what you like" (aka Tom and his Gurkhas).

In this case I'll say like what you do and do what you like. I'll gladly sacrifice a little time on this earth for the enjoyment I derive from the friendships made and the fine cigars enjoyed for the last 10 years and many more going forward hopefully.

In honor of this thread I promise to go watch some football with friends tonight and smoke at least 2 cigars.

Ashes to ashes..
Amen Brother, I will kill something tonight at well.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #25
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStatsGuy View Post

Ashes to ashes..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre3239 View Post
Amen Brother, I will kill something tonight at well.
I am in too, Tim and Larry.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #26
bigpedunn
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (0)
Montecristo
bigpedunn is on a distinguished road

George Burns smoked a cigar a day and lived to one hundred years old.
bigpedunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #27
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Please read the original, unbiased, Surgeon General's report on smoking and cancer. It concludes that pipe smokers have a lower mortality rate than non-smokers and that cigar smokers have virtually the same mortality rate as non-smokers. It's the cigarettes that get you. Well, the crap they add to cigarettes will.

Also, this: http://web.archive.org/web/200211282...08/wtob08.html
Old 12-13-2010, 02:52 PM   #28
papajohn67
Reprobate From The 101st

Trading: (62)
papajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
Please read the original, unbiased, Surgeon General's report on smoking and cancer. It concludes that pipe smokers have a lower mortality rate than non-smokers and that cigar smokers have virtually the same mortality rate as non-smokers. It's the cigarettes that get you. Well, the crap they add to cigarettes will.

Also, this: http://web.archive.org/web/200211282...08/wtob08.html
I thought the Surgeon General just came out with a recent report that any tobacco use caused damage, even a single puff.

Anyone who is new to smoking and is not aware of the risks is a fool. That being said this fool started smoking cigars 43 years ago in Vietnam. What damage it has done is miniscule when compared to the damage done to my body while vacationing in Vietnam.

I bought into the idea as a youngster that I was fighting to preserve freedom....each day that goe by leaves me to ponder just who's as our intrusive Govenment continues to attempt to curtail my own.
papajohn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:09 PM   #29
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamansmith View Post
yes, well me being a "big boy" now has no bearing weather or not smoking is actually harmful..which was the entirety of my post.
Yes, the weather outside is frightful, but whether cigars are harmful is a question that can be argued ad nauseum. I suggest you spend some time here before you start getting a pissy attitude about someone who is responding to your question! Or perhaps you aren't as big a boy as surmised.....
Old 12-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #30
Shamansmith

Well, thanks for everyone’s' thoughts

Especially for Hotreds input on semantics of all things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
Yes, the weather outside is frightful, but whether cigars are harmful is a question that can be argued ad nauseum. I suggest you spend some time here before you start getting a pissy attitude about someone who is responding to your question! Or perhaps you aren't as big a boy as surmised.....
And yes that was said in jest.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #31
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

I'm headed over to my gun forum to asks if guns kill people, or people kill guns.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:55 PM   #32
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamansmith View Post
Especially for Hotreds input on semantics of all things!
Homonyms, actually.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #33
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Homonyms, actually.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #34
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Homonyms, actually.
Like Jackie Gleason, Hugh? Hummina hummina hummina.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:32 PM   #35
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
I'm headed over to my gun forum to asks if guns kill people, or people kill guns.

Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:50 PM   #36
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I DO know that people have been banned for life with less than 3 posts.
Not sure how that relates to smoking 2 cigars a day. People here will tinker around with your head a little,
but look around elsewhere on the net and see if you don't find other forums worse. I think in the long
run you will run less risk if you accept a little funny business and not try to counsel people for not taking
your question as seriously as you do. As you can see, you eventually got the question answered sufficiently.
I am kind of late to be jumping in and telling you what's what. But remember, while it is not uncommon for
someone to join and not use their first post to introduce themselves properly in our forum provided for that purpose,
It IS uncommon for someone to use their second and third to wag their finger in the faces of members in good standing.
Now, head on over to the introductions forum and let us know a little more about you. The longer you stay,
the better you'll be at getting the info you want.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #37
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

I will make up whatever excuse is needed to keep smoking my cigars and be left alone by others who disagree with my hobby.
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #38
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I DO know that people have been banned for life with less than 3 posts.
Not sure how that relates to smoking 2 cigars a day. People here will tinker around with your head a little,
but look around elsewhere on the net and see if you don't find other forums worse. I think in the long
run you will run less risk if you accept a little funny business and not try to counsel people for not taking
your question as seriously as you do. As you can see, you eventually got the question answered sufficiently.
I am kind of late to be jumping in and telling you what's what. But remember, while it is not uncommon for
someone to join and not use their first post to introduce themselves properly in our forum provided for that purpose,
It IS uncommon for someone to use their second and third to wag their finger in the faces of members in good standing.
Now, head on over to the introductions forum and let us know a little more about you. The longer you stay,
the better you'll be at getting the info you want.

Brad, by now, you should know that I've adored you from afar for decades..."

Old 12-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #39
Shamansmith

Quote:
Homonyms, actually.
im the one still in school..i should have known this
Old 12-13-2010, 06:01 PM   #40
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

First Name: Alex
Trading: (30)
Partagas Army (Disabled Vet)
SNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to all

with all said above I can only add

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "..holy crap ....what a ride!"