Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-10-2009, 06:42 AM   #1
Smoking Dragon
formerly sergeant smoky

First Name: John
Trading: (67)
Cohiba Army (Disabled Vet)
Smoking Dragon has a spectacular aura aboutSmoking Dragon has a spectacular aura about
Default Good shop in Harrisburg PA

I will be traveling through Harrisburg PA on friday in the afternoon. I have time to stop for a smoke. Are there any suggestions?
Smoking Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:06 AM   #2
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Good shop in Harrisburg PA

I found references for four shops in Harrisburg from RTDA.org and the Internet Cigar Group resource pages:
Little Habana Cigars, 881 Eisenhower Blvd., (717) 939-3811
Cigar n' More, 3830 Union Deposti Rd., Suite C-5, (717) 541-1341
Pipe Den, 3538 Harrisburg Mall, (7170 564-8425
Rae's Tobacco (www.raestobacco.com), 134 Strawberry Sq., (717)233-1218, (800) 561-9794

I know nothing about any of these places but they are a place to start. Hope this helps.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:28 AM   #3
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

I occasionally travel to Harrisburg for work and I've stopped in Rae's but didn't have time to smoke. The selection was good and there were some friendly folks having out smoking. I think that Rae was actually behind the counter, nice lady.

Also if you are a beer guy check out the Appalachian Brewing Company, they have great beer. Depending on the weather (before you laugh it is going to be 65 in Philly today) you can hang on the back deck and have a smoke and a beer.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:36 AM   #4
Smoking Dragon
formerly sergeant smoky

Smoking Dragon has a spectacular aura aboutSmoking Dragon has a spectacular aura about

Might just have to do that. I think the weather will be nice. The reason for my travels is for military training, and a last minute beer might be in order.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
Only Fuentes

Without a doubt: when in HBG you would need to go to Tinder Box on 2 nd street about 4 blocks or so from the Capital bldg. Go to Tinderbox. com and look for the Hbg location directions. Mark is the owner and a helluva guy. Rae's is actually an acronym for : Ray Al Earl (the 3 owners). The Tinder box is the only authorized Opus account in the metro Hbg area FWIW. Also the Tobacco Co (the other Opus account - but not in Hbg proper) is about 5-8 minutes away in Lemoyne and has a far nicer lounge and a more lively crowd to smoke with(google Tobacco Company Lemoyne PA) I can't knock RAE's but they generally only carry lower end stuff... I get up that way about 2-3X per month. I suppose your are going to the "gap" for training?
Old 02-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #6
Boobar
Rubber Room Wall Bouncer

First Name: Bob
Trading: (37)
Boobar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
Rae's Tobacco (www.raestobacco.com), 134 Strawberry Sq., (717)233-1218, (800) 561-9794
Rae's is a pretty nice little shop and they have a nice selection. I have visited them on several occasion when I have been in HBG area.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #7
Smoking Dragon
formerly sergeant smoky

On the way to my military training I did stop at the Tabbacco Co. in PA. It was a really nice shop w/ a great big walk in humidor. A sitting lounge in the front of the store and a even larger lounge on the side. Pool table and video games, wireless internet. I would recomend this shop to anyone passing through. A over all great experience.

Sarge
Old 02-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #8
Mark C
Feeling at Home

Trading: (4)
Mark C is on a distinguished road

I heard there was an old smoke shop in York, PA, owned by a former Cohiba roller who sells his own fresh-rolled cigars in the shop. No idea the name, anyone know what I'm talking about?
Mark C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:46 AM   #9
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

Definitely stop in at the Appalachian Brewing Company. There is one in Gettysburg and we went to it several times a week. Great brews and selection.