Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-31-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
CJS
Lifting Expectations

First Name: Chrys
Trading: (0)
Cohiba
CJS is on a distinguished road
Default The Simple Mareva

First, let me say that I'm glad I found this forum. Being new to cigars, I sure have learned a lot from the posts here

It was close to 8 months ago when I had my first hand made cigar, courtesy of a good friend from work. And since then, I have been rather fortunate that I have smoked more than several nice sticks, from various different brands, shapes, and sizes...from the twiggy 19RG to the tree trunk 60RG.

And although I enjoyed almost all of them, somehow I feel that one particular vitola really hits the spot...the simple 42RG Mareva.
Anything smaller, and I have to consciously watch my pace in order to avoid the smoke from getting too hot and bitter.
Anything larger, I would need to have the proper amount of time in order to thoroughly enjoy the smoke. And time, unfortunately, is a luxury that I rarely have.

But the Marevas...they are easy to clip without worrying that I may damage the cap, easy to draw, easy to light up, and provides 50 minutes of blisful relaxation.

Don't get me wrong...I'd still smoke other vitolas. I love my Monte Petit Edmundo and HDM Epi#2. And the D4. And the P2. And the CoRo. And the RASS. And the Monte2. And very much every Padrons. And so on and so forth.

But these guys in the pic below will always be in my humidor...

So...what's your favorite size?
CJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Simple Mareva

My favorite size may vary depending on time and mood....but I am a big fan of the mareva.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

About 6 months ago, my answer would have been the longer the better. Anymore, anything shorter. Marevas, coronas, and robustos being my favorites, with lanceros getting honorable mention. I still enjoy the occasional churchill(best size for driving for me, as I tend to smoke a bit faster while doing so), and even an A once in a great while(I had been smoking a couple As a week at the end of last summer), but I like em short and sweet anymore.
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

The longer I'm a smoker the more I enjoy and appreciate the smaller ring gauges. My normal size is robusto and it used to be that if I didn't smoke a robusto I grabbed a toro. But now I'd rather go for a smaller RG.
Porch Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:11 PM   #5
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

I tend to gravitate toward the thinner ring gauge sticks like Cremas, PC's, Standards, stuff like that, but I think my fav is the Laguito #2!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #6
biggbob
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bob
Trading: (1)
Diplomatico
biggbob is on a distinguished road

mareva is my all-time favorite. I have bigger and smaller ones that taste better than most of my marevas, but the versatility of this size is just perfect for any time of day. Morning, daytime, evening.