Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #21
BC-Axeman

Default Re: Rodney King Found Dead

R.I.P.
Yep, history.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:18 AM   #22
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
I think just because somebody died doesn't mean you have to feel bad or have sympathy for them. While I'll never condone the beating he took, the guy was no saint. He willfully admitted that the high speed chase that preceded the assault was because he thought a positive drug/BAC test would violate his existing parole for robbery and send him to jail.

If people want to feel bad for him, that is totally their right, and I won't question it. If I don't really care one way or the other, that is my right and nobody should question it either.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #23
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Just for the record, I posted this not to garner sympathy or solicit prayers....but simply to report a news event that had some signifiicance to me and possibly others.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #24
TNT009

Well being a cop, it's brought accountability!1- Sergeants need to know what their officers are doing. 2- accountability for what you say and type on the computers(look up racist remarks the squad during the shift). 3- tactics used on suspects. Instead of swarming him, we'd release a K9 on him. 4- knowledge that you're probably on tape, so don't do stupid crap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
+1
Old 06-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #25
TNT009

That being said he was a dumbass for doing what he did in that pursuit, but 71 blows with a baton and numerous cops standing doesnt make any sense to me!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #26
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT009 View Post
That being said he was a dumbass for doing what he did in that pursuit, but 71 blows with a baton and numerous cops standing doesnt make any sense to me!
Oh lookie, I was able to give reputation to TNT009.

Mods, can you please erase all of the opinions on this issue before I all too willingly give mine. Thanks you.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #27
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

I remember it being tense around the barracks at Fort Gordon while the riots were going on in LA...like walking on eggshells.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #28
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT009 View Post
Well being a cop, it's brought accountability!1- Sergeants need to know what their officers are doing. 2- accountability for what you say and type on the computers(look up racist remarks the squad during the shift). 3- tactics used on suspects. Instead of swarming him, we'd release a K9 on him. 4- knowledge that you're probably on tape, so don't do stupid crap!

Good posting (although in utopia I'd like to believe that law enforcement doesn't do stupid crap because it's the right thing to do, not because the cameras are rolling) .
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote