Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-21-2009, 09:41 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Stradivarius churchill

The Stradivarius is a creation by Daniel Nuñez, released for the first time in 2007 and is named after the famous violins. The blend consists of Nicaraguan, Dominican and Honduran tobacco as filler, an aged Dominican Havana seed binder and a 15 year aged Connecticut shade wrapper.

The packaging of this 7 ½ x 48 churchill is top notch, the cigars come in a marble look humidor case with 10 cigars, all individually packed in a varnished coffin with a nice “old style” wax stamp. Inside the coffin the cigars are wearing a cellophane coat. The band is simple, too simple when compared to the packaging.

The wrapper is a bit drab, pale brown but smooth and almost without veins. The construction feels good and the predraw is fine. The cigar doesn’t have much aroma, I had to sniff several times before I managed to smell the faint hay aroma.

I get a warm but mild flavor that reminds me of coffee and licorice (the wood, not the candy), but the sweetness disappears soon, quickly followed by the coffee and the flavor changes into mild leather. At the 1/3rd point I taste some sweetness again, a bit caramel like. Halfway the flavors grow a bit in strength and that makes it easier to recognize them. The flavors are caramel and coffee and at 2/3rd the leather returns for a short amount of time. The final flavors are caramel and wood with a hint of licorice.

The amount of smoke starts of poor, but it slowly gets better. The smoke stays very thin though. The ash is quite light but firm. The draw started out fine but got harder with every puff, but my drawtool solved that. I have nothing bad to say about the burn

Would I buy this cigar again? No, even though it’s not a bad cigar I won’t buy it again because it is too mild and too expensive.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Aroma (first part) 7 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 6 / 10
Aroma (last part) 6 / 10
Old 10-21-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
OHRD
Garage w/ couch & ashtray

First Name: Matt
Trading: (39)
OHRD will become famous soon enoughOHRD will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Stradivarius churchill

Nice, I've wondered about these...and I'll keep wondering, can't get permission from the boss to purchase that one!
Old 11-14-2011, 12:07 AM   #3
kingcobradude
Now known as Epicdragon7

First Name: Clay
Trading: (2)
kingcobradude is on a distinguished road

I have always wanted to try one. mainly because I love good violin music. be a good cigar to smoke while listening to a good violinist like mairead nesbitt, or the local classical music radio station
kingcobradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
BryanB
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bryan
Trading: (58)
VR
BryanB has a spectacular aura aboutBryanB has a spectacular aura about

Good cigar for something mild...but way to expensive.
Posted via Mobile Device
BryanB is offline   Reply With Quote