Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Do you blog?

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I started a blog a few years back because someone said that I should do so. I am not sure I really knew, nor do I now know, the purpose of a blog.

The number of times I post to it is rather minimal, in fact, I just posted for the first time this year. http://revsmoke.blogspot.com/

Are there others here who blog? How often do you post stuff? Is it worthwhile? Why do you do it?

Just curious.

I ask because I onder if I should keep doing it or not? Or maybe post more often?

In a similar vein, I have thought about doing something with cigar reviews, getting a web site up (?) that would be unique - something like "Wholly Smokes," playing off my profession. The page would picture a burning cigar at the top, with smoke rising from the ash on the foot and forming a smoke ring/halo. I haven't done it because I cannot afford a site, don't know how to set-up a web-page, and don't always smoke a lot of cigars, nor do I always obtain the "newest/greatest/bestest" smoke out there.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
BloodSpite
He Who Dares...WINS!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (1)
HdM Army (Disabled Vet)
BloodSpite is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Do you blog?

I've been blogging since before the word blog existed.

One of my best friends from high school and I started a website (Techography.com) back in 1994. We still have it but we don't post on it as regular as we used too.

I branched off and started my own solo site in 2009.

Its been a lot of fun, and I think if nothing else I have become a better writer for it.

The trick is to write about what you like, when you like. Don't let it become a job, or it can and will burn you out quickly.

I write about just about anything and everything, from Telecommunications, military, cigars to NCAA football. No boundaries.

Like anything else though you get what you put in to it. I get about 3k hits a day, but then I've been around a while. It took several years to get to that traffic level!
BloodSpite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Sorry Rev, I can't stand blogs. I think that most people that do the blog thing because they think very highly of themselves and love to read what they write in much the same way they probably love to hear themselves talk.

I am not saying there are not some good, informative blogs out there. But they are very few and far between.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Don't write them, don't read them. Not even really sure what purpose they serve (not meant to be negative, means exactly what it says - I have no idea). Made it this far without them, I figure I'll make it the rest of the way without finding out about blogs.

Technology - bah humbug
Old 02-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #5
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

My wife blogs about our special Disney vacations on Allears.net. She does this for two reasons -- to document our vacations for ourselves and to share the Disney Experience with others who like the same things.

Her blogs are pretty well received.

It's not something that I am interested in doing, and other than a referral to a specific article or post I generally don't read blogs. (I just don't have enough time in the day...)

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote