Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-12-2011, 11:08 PM   #1
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Kindle Organization

So I got my Kindle for Christmas and have amassed a large collection of books - in the range of thousands. Little under 5000 to be more exact. Now I don't have all of them on my Kindle, but with the couple hundred I do have on there I'm having a time with organization.

Using the Kindle to organize is slow, boring, mundane, etc. There has got to be a better way.

I downloaded a few programs, Calibre, Kindle Collection Manager (Beta) and while they do work to a point - they still don't allow decent control over whats on the Kindle and whats on my computer.

Anybody have any suggestions for other programs? Tips? Anything?

On a side note - I just got done reading:
Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption

It's basically the life story of Louie Zamperini that reads like fiction but is entirely true. A simply amazing person. I highly recommend this book. PM any questions on it.

So yeah - if anyone has discovered a good technique, program, etc to manage their collections - I'm really interested.

Thanks,

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Kindle Organization

5000 books is a lot, Ron. How did you come upon so many in such a short period of time?

I don't have any advice for you since I download my paltry collection directly to my Kindle. However, you've given me something to look into.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Kindle Organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
5000 books is a lot, Ron. How did you come upon so many in such a short period of time?
Some downloaded from Amazon and a lot from other venues late at night when bored.

Quote:
I don't have any advice for you since I download my paltry collection directly to my Kindle. However, you've given me something to look into.
Being able to access the Kindle, make new collections and move the books around would be great. And the ability to do the same on a computer and then transfer to the Kindle would be like heaven. Still looking and researching whats out there.
I haven't tried accessing the Kindles database file - but it might be a start in a direction.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote