Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-20-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
Superbad
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (53)
PL
Superbad has a spectacular aura aboutSuperbad has a spectacular aura aboutSuperbad has a spectacular aura about
Default Crushed...

by USPS. A BOTL here on the boards was kind enough to sell me his empty Tatuaje Black Jar. I was really looking forward to this, as I was thinking I want to start collecting jars. Well despite his best efforts of packing, what arrived yesterday was a nice 5er and box full of broken porcelain. I do not blame the BOTL, and will not mention his name, as he is a good guy. Just wanted to vent, and let the collectors out there know their jar just became a bit more rare.
In the long run this will likely save me money spent on special and regional edition jars. I think I will just get a really nice humidor instead, and fill it with the good stuff.

I emptied the box onto a tray. They must have gone crazy on the box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0206.jpg (37.7 KB, 305 views)
Old 11-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crushed...

Sorry to hear Bobby...that sucks!!! Got some Superglue?
Old 11-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
quantim0
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (20)
quantim0 will become famous soon enough

I just threw up a little.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

No doubt it's the postal services fault. I can't tell you how many times they kick/mishandle packages sorry to hear it Bobby.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

That really sucks.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:55 PM   #6
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Epic Fail on USPS.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:07 PM   #7
CoreyD
Licking my wounds

First Name: Corey
Trading: (23)
LGC
CoreyD has a spectacular aura aboutCoreyD has a spectacular aura about

And that is why i had styrofoam and extra extra padding with the coffee cup and other stuff I sent Big ash, cause as soon as I saw the young mailman grab my package at the counter I saw him throw it on a table well made me think how many people were gonna throw it from wi to pa
Old 11-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #8
smelvis
Not part of the Clique

Trading: (16)
smelvis has disabled reputation

Sorry that had to suck, I wish I had one I would send it to you!

Dave
smelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #9
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough

Ok so when I say I ship a LOT of stuff... And that neither ups, fedex or usps have ANY clue what fragile means...

They even have big orange stickers that say fragile but they apparently don't apply to any of their workers.

So when I say redundancy is key and there is no such thing as too much padding... I mean the more ridiculous the package seems... The better.

Sorry to see your jar fell victim.

I once saw a ups guy literally kick a box with fragile labels all over it off the back of his truck... Then continue to drop 3-4 heavy boxes on top of it. Obviously they simply do not care to pay enough attention because they have the easiest excuse for why it broke... Wasn't packaged well enough.
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Ninja don't lie, they make 9-10 an hour they don't care about your packages whatsoever. Holidays are worse the package handlers work 2am-9am. I almost did this temporarily maybe 6 years ago. But deemed it not worth it whatsoever. I had friends that worked at UPS/Fedex rumor has it fedex kicks more packages as UPS workers have better benefits.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #11
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

I was worried sick waiting on my jar to come in the mail. It did arrive safely though. I am just as sick looking at this, what a shame.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:58 PM   #12
jsd

That doesn't look like it was just dropped once on accident. The PO probably has a little fun with packages that have the fragile stickers on them. Wow what a bummer.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:00 PM   #13
Brooks W
Feeling at Home

Trading: (70)
Brooks W has a spectacular aura aboutBrooks W has a spectacular aura about

That sucks

Just out of curiosity, the tat black jar was actually shipped with a cardboard box that it fit into...Was it shipped in that?

Sorry about your loss

~brooks
Brooks W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:37 PM   #14
Superbad
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (53)
PL
Superbad has a spectacular aura aboutSuperbad has a spectacular aura aboutSuperbad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks W View Post
That sucks

Just out of curiosity, the tat black jar was actually shipped with a cardboard box that it fit into...Was it shipped in that?

Sorry about your loss

~brooks
Nope, it was packed in a USPS box. Thanks for the support everyone. Just had to vent, ya know.