Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough
Default Liga Privada question

I'm the first to admit I don't stay on top of much in the hobby. Traditionally, I was an Oliva guy when I got back into cigars about 5 years ago as far as NC's go. Then I was recommended the My Father and Liga Privadas a couple of years ago. I ended up buying a box of My Father #1's and sevaral different sizes from the T52 and No. 9.

Fast forward to now, I'm shocked at the pricing of the LP's now. Is my memory bad or have they increased their pricing a lot? Is this a situation where a manufacturer increased pricing because of popularity or did they go in low to sucker people in, only to increase their buyers? I guess I'm comparing to the Oliva Serie V line-incredibly popular after release, but still at same pricing even though you'd think the market would allow them to increase their margins.

Anyone???
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote