Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #1
InPa

Default JoeCigar Deals - what's your favorite?

Curious as to which deals make people jump to hit the "do it" button and why. thanks!
Old 10-10-2010, 12:34 AM   #2
Evonnida

Default Re: JoeCigar Deals - what's your favorite?

I always hit on the Cains and MoW's when they are up. Tatuajes if I'm quick enough and Oliva Serie V if and when they ever show up.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:02 AM   #3
smelvis
Not part of the Clique

Trading: (16)
smelvis has disabled reputation

I've noticed or maybe I'm imagining things but the prices do not seem much like deals anymore. I am always looking for troop supplies and am having more luck shopping closeouts and clearance items.

I did buy a shitload of the P Solomons last night but that was mostly for me, I love those things.
smelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:15 AM   #4
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

All those buy deals never appeal to me, I don't find half of them to even be deals so I don't bother wasting time with them. Even if they are deals it's usually BARELY and not enough to make me press the button.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:26 AM   #5
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

I agree with you guys. They are not really deals just lower quantity so when broken down seem cheaper but most of the time if you do the math you can hit their site and get a box for roughly the same per stick price. It's all marketing and it works so kudos to them. Even Cigar Monster has a tough time getting my business these days. I would rather go to Cigar Auctioneer or C-Bid, bid what I want to pay and see how it goes. Even with those sites people are their own worst enemy and are willing to pay full pop or even more just to win the pissing match.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
bscottskangum
Oh yeah, I'm awesome!

First Name: Barry
Trading: (11)
Montecristo
bscottskangum will become famous soon enoughbscottskangum will become famous soon enough

The Oliva MB3's show up at 27.50 for a five pack during some of the jams, hence how I have about 30 of these sticks stocked up
bscottskangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:32 AM   #7
Patrick B
Feeling at Home

Trading: (6)
Patrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura about

I always hit buy on the following for $40/10 (or less sometimes).

Tat reds
Pepin blue or black
Cain F
padilla miami
noella reservas (haha)
Patrick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #8
hammer26a

I always go for a Rocky Patel, Ghurka, CAO, or Torano sampler... love those brands
Old 10-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #9
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

anything good for 2.50 a stick. also, the artisan cigars
Old 10-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #10
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
I agree with you guys. They are not really deals just lower quantity so when broken down seem cheaper but most of the time if you do the math you can hit their site and get a box for roughly the same per stick price. It's all marketing and it works so kudos to them. Even Cigar Monster has a tough time getting my business these days. I would rather go to Cigar Auctioneer or C-Bid, bid what I want to pay and see how it goes. Even with those sites people are their own worst enemy and are willing to pay full pop or even more just to win the pissing match.
If you haven't made your way to cigarsatyourprice.com, I challenge you to see if you think you can beat those prices at the devil auction sites. A lot of people pay more for stuff there than what you can find when you shop around the lowest priced retailers online. Cigarsatyourprice.com takes it to an even lower level IMO and that way, you're not having someone bid against you.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:17 PM   #11
forgop
Not a puffer

forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscottskangum View Post
The Oliva MB3's show up at 27.50 for a five pack during some of the jams, hence how I have about 30 of these sticks stocked up
Must resist....I thought I got a steal on robustos at $99/box-that is an even better deal. I have enough MB's to last me awhile though.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #12
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
If you haven't made your way to cigarsatyourprice.com, I challenge you to see if you think you can beat those prices at the devil auction sites. A lot of people pay more for stuff there than what you can find when you shop around the lowest priced retailers online. Cigarsatyourprice.com takes it to an even lower level IMO and that way, you're not having someone bid against you.
I went there and started toying around......maybe I clicked the wrong items but I had to bid up to 85% of their stated MSRP on there to get an accepted bid.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #13
forgop
Not a puffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
I went there and started toying around......maybe I clicked the wrong items but I had to bid up to 85% of their stated MSRP on there to get an accepted bid.
It all depends on what you're after I guess. In my case, I picked up a box of My Father's at 60% of the listed MSRP. There are some brands that you'll find a much lower margin between their cost and MSRP, thus you'll find some brands to be much better deals than others. I searched all of the lowest priced online shops for a box of My Father robustos and I still managed to get it for $25/box less than anywhere else online. In some 5ers I priced, I may have gotten closer to that 80-85% price point, but they were still better prices than I found elsewhere for the most part. I did find a couple minimums that were higher than some retailers, but I would like to think they could match them.

I know in pricing what I've traditionally smoked as far as NC's go (mostly Oliva), nobody out there was within 10% of their prices when you find what the minimum accepted price.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #14
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Yeah that's the reason the my fathers are sold out. It seems all of their good deals are sold out.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #15
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

I have used isocigars.com with some success finding good deals
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #16
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

I never see anything worth the time on JoeCigar tbh. I have ordered a couple things, but they were impulse buys, and within a week I saw a better deal elsewhere. I don't really buy anything on there anymore.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #17
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
I never see anything worth the time on JoeCigar tbh. I have ordered a couple things, but they were impulse buys, and within a week I saw a better deal elsewhere. I don't really buy anything on there anymore.

I don't even look at Joe's daily deals anymore.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:06 PM   #18
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by InPa View Post
Curious as to which deals make people jump to hit the "do it" button and why. thanks!
Nice review.

How about stopping by the new inmate thread and giving us an introduction?
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #19
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

I usually jump on the cain's, dpg's, mow's. Just bought some Cain nubs today.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:54 PM   #20
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

I don't go there much anymore but I usually jump on DPG Blacks, Padilla 1932s and the Dominus, and 601 Reds whenever they would show up. All are sticks I feel are well worth 4 bucks a stick or less. Cutting down on my shopping so don't go there much anymore.
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote