Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Jokes

Old 12-18-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation
Default I had the feeling something was wrong!

And I was right! But, now I'm happy- and rich! What is it they say: " Fat, dumb, and happy?"

SPANISH HIGH COMMISSION
BERENICE CONCERT SYSTEMS,
P. de Extremadura 153,
28011 Madrid, Spain

The SPANISH HIGH COMMISSION in France, Portugal, Sweden and Germany received a report of scam against you and other British/US and Malaysian citizens, Etc. The countries of France, Portugal, Sweden, Germany, Britian and United States have recompensated you following the meeting held with the countries' Government and various countries' high commission for the fraudulent activities carried out by the countries' Citizens.

Your name was among those scammed as listed by the Spain Financial Intelligent Unit (SFIU). Compensation has been issued out in Certified Bank Drafts to all the affected victims and has been already been in distribution to all the bearers. Your draft was among those that were reported undelivered as at on Friday and we wish to advise you to see to the instructions of the Committee to make sure you receive your draft immediately.

According to the number of applicants at hand, 184 Beneficiaries has been paid, half of the victims are from the France, Portugal, Sweden, Germany, Britian and United States, and we still have more 37 left to be paid the compensations of $3,500,000.00 each.

Your particulars was mentioned by one of the Syndicates who was arrested as one of their victims of the operations, you are hereby warned not to communicate or duplicate this message to him for any reason whatsoever as the Spain secret service is already on trace of the other criminals.

So keep it secret till they are all apprehended. Other victims who have not been contacted can submit their application as well for scrutiny and possible consideration.

We advise that you do the needful to make sure the SFIU dispatches your Draft on Friday.

You are assured of the safety of your draft and availability. Be advised that you should stop further contacts with all the fake lawyers and security companies who in collaboration scammed you. Get back to me immediately through my assistant Mr.Oscar Acosta(barroscaracosta@aol.com) with your correct full details (Full Name, Contact Address And Reachable Telephone Number) to check if the delivery date suits you.

Yours in Service,
Mrs. Brenda Gomaz
Old 12-18-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice
Default Re: I had the feeling something was wrong!

And they glean from you your account number in which they will 'deposit' said funds of 3.5 mil and then proceed to clean your account out. There have been several elderly victims in our area already. I can't believe there are people who fall for this.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:57 AM   #3
hotreds

Bolivar

That's a shame. One would think that by now EVERYONE would be aware/ on to these!
Old 12-18-2010, 07:57 AM   #4
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

I Get A Similar E-Mail Every Week! Wish They Could Catch These Scammers!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:59 AM   #5
hotreds

Bolivar

Useful site:

http://antifraudintl.org/index.php
Old 12-18-2010, 08:09 AM   #6
bscottskangum
Oh yeah, I'm awesome!

First Name: Barry
Trading: (11)
Montecristo
bscottskangum will become famous soon enoughbscottskangum will become famous soon enough

I don't ever get these emails....what can I do to get in on the enjoyment? I want to help a Prince in Nigeria!
bscottskangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:10 AM   #7
hotreds

Bolivar

UH- no you don't! either of the above!
Old 12-18-2010, 08:40 AM   #8
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
And I was right! But, now I'm happy- and rich! What is it they say: " Fat, dumb, and happy?"
Two outta three ain't bad, Hugh.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:48 AM   #9
JoeCool87TC
Relaxing in Paradise...

First Name: Joe
Trading: (4)
Partagas
JoeCool87TC is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: I had the feeling something was wrong!

Ahhh... The good old "419 Scam". The song remains the same, only the words have changed. I get these things almost daily and have got to the point that if the word "Nigeria" appears in the body it automatically gets dumped into the trash.

I too find it hard to believe that people still fall for these; supposedly greed drives people to respond. Who hasn't heard the saying "If it looks too good to be true it probably is"? That's one of my credos. Sadly, I guess it's really true what P.T. Barnum supposedly said, "There's a sucker born every minute".
JoeCool87TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:03 AM   #10
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

I cant believe people are still falling for these. Will all the news reports and warnings issued people still do it. Guess its peoples greed that gets them.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote