Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 03-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
promethius

Default Re: Humidification Beads FAQs

Great Post! One question, should other humidification devices be removed when the beads/puck-ifier are installed? Will they interfear with the beads/puck-ifier's accuracy?
Old 03-23-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
Ender
Ok, maybe just one.

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (1)
Partagas
Ender will become famous soon enoughEnder will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by promethius View Post
Great Post! One question, should other humidification devices be removed when the beads/puck-ifier are installed? Will they interfear with the beads/puck-ifier's accuracy?
Good question. I've got a 25count humidor and the puckifier isn't managing the RH without additional devises. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I've got my humidor seasoned and the puck moistened as directed.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:29 AM   #3
N2Advnture
www.Cigarmony.com

Trading: (43)
Partagas
N2Advnture has a spectacular aura aboutN2Advnture has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Good question. I've got a 25count humidor and the puckifier isn't managing the RH without additional devises. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I've got my humidor seasoned and the puck moistened as directed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by promethius View Post
Yes, the Puck-ifier should not be used with any other humidification device

Just make sure that you have enough Pucks for your sized humidor

The Puck-100 will regulate up to 1050 cubic inches and the Puck-50 405 cu. in. (to calculate the cubic inches of your humidor, simply measure the interior L x W x H).

I hope this helps

~Mark

N2Advnture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #4
Ender
Ok, maybe just one.

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (1)
Partagas
Ender will become famous soon enoughEnder will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2Advnture View Post
Yes, the Puck-ifier should not be used with any other humidification device

Just make sure that you have enough Pucks for your sized humidor

The Puck-100 will regulate up to 1050 cubic inches and the Puck-50 405 cu. in. (to calculate the cubic inches of your humidor, simply measure the interior L x W x H).

I hope this helps

~Mark

Ok thanks but is there a technical reason why? Like I said, my humi is only a 25 count one but seemed to struggle when it was just the puck doing the work. Another question I have was what if too much distilled water is put in the puck? Will that hinder it's ability to put out humidification or just hinder it's ability to absorb it? You talked about blow drying the beads but is it ok to just allow them to dry out on their own?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
N2Advnture
www.Cigarmony.com

Trading: (43)
Partagas
N2Advnture has a spectacular aura aboutN2Advnture has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Ok thanks but is there a technical reason why? Like I said, my humi is only a 25 count one but seemed to struggle when it was just the puck doing the work. Another question I have was what if too much distilled water is put in the puck? Will that hinder it's ability to put out humidification or just hinder it's ability to absorb it? You talked about blow drying the beads but is it ok to just allow them to dry out on their own?
The reason for not using additional humidification products is that most merely release water vapor and a majority don't release to a specific level and tend to over humidify.

Given the RH Beads nature to both absorb and release excess moisture, additional humidification produces may interfere with how the RH Beads work.

You should hydrate approximately 70% of the RH Beads inside the Puck-ifer to allow for both the absorbtion and release of water vapor. Over saturation is not recommended as standing water in any device is a catalyst for mold.

Please send me an email and I'll go over the basic trouble shooting tips to find out why your humidor isn't holding RH

I hope this helps

~Mark
N2Advnture is offline   Reply With Quote