Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough
Default LGC Artesanos de Miami and Ernesto leaving..

First off, has anyone tried the new blend? I love the LGC Serie R and am a fan of some other LGC blends as well. Wondering how it compares to their existing blends.

Then what about Ernesto Perez-Carillo leaving the company, that his father founded and is now owned by General Cigar, to start a new company with his son and daughter. Anyone hearing anything or have any ideas as to what we might expect from Ernesto in the future?
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
Made in Dade
The Freedom Tower

Trading: (0)
Made in Dade is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LGC Artesanos de Miami and Ernesto leaving..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
First off, has anyone tried the new blend? I love the LGC Serie R and am a fan of some other LGC blends as well. Wondering how it compares to their existing blends.

Then what about Ernesto Perez-Carillo leaving the company, that his father founded and is now owned by General Cigar, to start a new company with his son and daughter. Anyone hearing anything or have any ideas as to what we might expect from Ernesto in the future?
The new Miami made cigar is the bomb. Ernesto will tell you that the other la Glorias are not his cigars anymore they are General Cigars. Once when he starts making cigars again for himself, he will again be looked at as one of the best cigar blenders in the business.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
silentjon

I picked up two this past weekend, but I have yet to smoke them. I have heard very good things about this cigar.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #4
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Dade View Post
The new Miami made cigar is the bomb. Ernesto will tell you that the other la Glorias are not his cigars anymore they are General Cigars. Once when he starts making cigars again for himself, he will again be looked at as one of the best cigar blenders in the business.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't that cigar be staying with LGC/General?

EDIT: How does it compare to any of his other offerings?
Old 02-17-2009, 10:08 AM   #5
silentjon

Quote:

I believe it will.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #6
Made in Dade
The Freedom Tower

Quote:

That is right.
And I'm sure it won't be the same cigar when that happens.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #7
rrplasencia
monica lewinsky

First Name: Richard
Trading: (55)
JL Navy (Served With Honor)
rrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of light

I think when his son died in August while he was on the CRA event tour it changed the future of the company. It happened the night before the Orlando stop.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #8
Made in Dade
The Freedom Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrplasencia View Post
I think when his son died in August while he was on the CRA event tour it changed the future of the company. It happened the night before the Orlando stop.
Richard you wouldn't be thinking about Nestor Miranda and his son would you?
Old 02-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #9
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice

Quote:

Please God, let it be true. I miss those LGCs from the early 90's.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:55 PM   #10
rrplasencia
monica lewinsky

First Name: Richard
Trading: (55)
JL Navy (Served With Honor)
rrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Richard you wouldn't be thinking about Nestor Miranda and his son would you?
Meng, you are totally right. nestor/ernesto as soon as i read your post i remembered ernesto playing guitar with that bald midget from cao at the cra event. i will now crawl back into my hole
Old 02-17-2009, 10:27 PM   #11
ScottishSmoker

I am a huge LGC fan, whether it be CC or NC...unfortunately they are a General Cigar...and General has not made a cigar worthwhile in god knows HOW long....I can't wait until EPC is back doing his thing for himself again....and the Miami piece...awesome...
Old 02-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #12
TomHagen
Rabbinic Consigliere

First Name: Tattejuaje
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
TomHagen will become famous soon enough

I can't find the Artesanos anywhere... any ideas?
Old 02-18-2009, 06:54 AM   #13
Made in Dade
The Freedom Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHagen View Post
I can't find the Artesanos anywhere... any ideas?
Hard cigar to find. Only ten rollers roll this cigar in the El Credito factory in Miami. Only like 20 accounts in the country were open to getting this cigar. Maybe my favorite cigar that came out last year. Everytime I'm at the factory I pick some up. Everyone that I know that smoked cigars in the early 90's say La Gloria Cubana Cigars were really special cigars. Then when Ernesto sold the company the cigars went south. Ernesto really wants to get back to doing his own thing again.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:01 AM   #14
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSmoker View Post
I am a huge LGC fan, whether it be CC or NC...unfortunately they are a General Cigar...and General has not made a cigar worthwhile in god knows HOW long....I can't wait until EPC is back doing his thing for himself again....and the Miami piece...awesome...
Never had the CC varieties so I can't comment on those Andrew. But I do love a lot of the NC LGC's. Having not smoked any back in the early 90's I can only imagine how ggod they must have been then. Also makes me wonder what will happen to the Serie R once EPC does leave, which I understand to be happening in mid-March. Hopefully that blend won't go down hill because it is a favorite of mine.
Quote:
Hard cigar to find. Only ten rollers roll this cigar in the El Credito factory in Miami. Only like 20 accounts in the country were open to getting this cigar. Maybe my favorite cigar that came out last year. Everytime I'm at the factory I pick some up. Everyone that I know that smoked cigars in the early 90's say La Gloria Cubana Cigars were really special cigars. Then when Ernesto sold the company the cigars went south. Ernesto really wants to get back to doing his own thing again.
I've been looking for them and can't find them, which is what prompted this post. As I said above, wasn't smoking cigars in the early 90's and if his cigars were that much better then I can't wait for some of his new creations.

I also almost wonder if it doesn't have to do with money as well. I mean what doesn't? Look at how well Pete Johnson and Dion have done with their "boutique" brands. With the reputation that Ernesto has I'm sure he could introduce a small line that would command premium prices from the get go and easily compete for the premium cigar dollar.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #15
TomHagen
Rabbinic Consigliere

First Name: Tattejuaje
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
TomHagen will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I also almost wonder if it doesn't have to do with money as well. I mean what doesn't? Look at how well Pete Johnson and Dion have done with their "boutique" brands. With the reputation that Ernesto has I'm sure he could introduce a small line that would command premium prices from the get go and easily compete for the premium cigar dollar.

Agreed. Not only money, but quality of product.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #16
Bubba - NJ
Deep Cherry Finish

First Name: Rolf
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Bubba - NJ is on a distinguished road

I have a box of Serie R #6 naturals that as of this post , I will hold even dearer in my collection(approximately 4 years old) . Still one of my all time favorite cigars ! Maybe we'll see the reintroduction of his Serie R Limitada line that were phenomenal to me , too bad I couldn't afford to ever get a whole box when they were available . Probably would have a new name also . I hope and Pray .
Bubba - NJ is offline   Reply With Quote