Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 11-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

dos santos KO'd valasquez in around a minute, it was a great quick fight. Glad i bet 30 beans on JDS, who was +135 - the oddsmakers are on glue

In other fighting, Pacman vs Marquez 3 was hillarious, because pacman clearly got dominated and lost at LEAST 8 or 9 /12 rounds, but pacman got the nod, truly hillarious in the most corrupt sport on the planet.

As for the ufc on FOX, they DID show the bendo/guida fight...so not sure what you're saying. I think more importantly than showing the fights tho, after seeing JDS knock Valasquez out, the previews for upcoming events is what really is going to get the ufc more viewers.
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:27 PM   #2
GoatLocker
Dr of Quantum Inebrionics

First Name: Eric
Trading: (1)
Cohiba Navy (Active)
GoatLocker has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
I'm pulling for Bendo since he's a local fighter. And the time I met him he was one of the nicest people I've ever met. Sat and talked with me about MMA and my iPhone LOL.
I've been following Bendo since he joined WEC, and he always seemed like a genuinely nice guy. JDS strikes me the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
As for the ufc on FOX, they DID show the bendo/guida fight...so not sure what you're saying.
Here in the US, they only showed the JDS-Velasquez fight. I watched the prelims on Foxsports.com. I think everywhere else on the planet got all the fights on TV.