Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-28-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Smoking Laws in Tennesee?

What are the current laws on cigar smoking in bars in Tennesee? Thinking about hitting a Blackhawks - Predators game in February, and wondering if I should bring some 'gars for the bars afterwards. Thanks.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
Comedian

Default Re: Smoking Laws in Tennesee?

There's a very cool place here called The Flying Saucer that has a million odd beers on tap as well as a cigar room. The place is outfitted with nice couches and a really cool atmosphere! Very cigar friendly. I suggest checking it out!

Check out Uptown's Smoke Shop if you get the chance. Nice place with a great selection.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Thanks....is smoking permitted in all the bars in Nashville? I assume we will be hanging out somewhere near the Bridgestone Arena.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 11-28-2010, 06:46 PM   #4
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Thanks....is smoking permitted in all the bars in Nashville? I assume we will be hanging out somewhere near the Bridgestone Arena.
No. Most are non smoking. Go to Dan Mcguinness if you want to smoke. Isn't the best bar but I've lit up many of cigars there.

EDIT they have pool and darts too, never a bad thing.

EDIT there is a few more but I don't remember for the names for some reason
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Looks lke the Flying Saucer is less than a half mile from the Arena, sweet.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #6
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

And less than a mile to Dan McGuinness, thanks Bill.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #7
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Anytime Tom.

Just walk around you'll find TONS of bars. Some smoking some not.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:57 PM   #8
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Anytime Tom.

Just walk around you'll find TONS of bars. Some smoking some not.
Sounds like I already have two good choices, now just to run them by the other 19 guys going.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #9
Comedian

Bill's right... some are smoking and some are not. Although, I've been in a few that are "Non-Smoking" where nobody follows this rule.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #10
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian View Post
Bill's right... some are smoking and some are not. Although, I've been in a few that are "Non-Smoking" where nobody follows this rule.
Go into the wrong bar and do that and they'll have a huge bouncer threaten to physically toss you out.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #11
Comedian

Quote:
Go into the wrong bar and do that and they'll have a huge bouncer threaten to physically toss you out.
I'm as big as a lot of the bouncers around here, so it could be one reason why I've never had a problem.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #12
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
I would love to see them try that with Tom.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:14 PM   #13
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
I would love to see them try that with Tom.
I can think of one bouncer off the top of my head more than capable. Some of these guys have an IQ of 10 and do nothing but pump weights 30 hours a day. Also given the fact that resisting just sends 5 more bouncers your way.....being a problem doesn't work too well for anyone.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:25 PM   #14
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
I can think of one bouncer off the top of my head more than capable. Some of these guys have an IQ of 10 and do nothing but pump weights 30 hours a day. Also given the fact that resisting just sends 5 more bouncers your way.....being a problem doesn't work too well for anyone.
Pump weights, huh? Yeah, Tom never does that except at the booze table.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #15
brigey57
Smoke me if you can...

First Name: Bri
Trading: (0)
Montecristo
brigey57 is on a distinguished road

Tom - I'd Google the general area and look for bars and check the locality for the smoking laws. Unfortunately I've found that they are changing so frequently and quickly that it is almost impossible to keep up with who allows/prohibits smoking at the specific bar. Look specifically for cigar smoking. Some places permit smoking but mean cigarette smoking but prohibit cigar smoking!

Enjoy & Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
What are the current laws on cigar smoking in bars in Tennessee? Thinking about hitting a Blackhawks - Predators game in February, and wondering if I should bring some 'gars for the bars afterwards. Thanks.

Admiral Douche Bag.

Chicago Blackhawks 2010 Stanley Cup Champs
Auburn Tigers are awesome - WAR Eagle!
Old 11-29-2010, 02:30 AM   #16
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigey57 View Post
Tom - I'd Google the general area and look for bars and check the locality for the smoking laws. Unfortunately I've found that they are changing so frequently and quickly that it is almost impossible to keep up with who allows/prohibits smoking at the specific bar. Look specifically for cigar smoking. Some places permit smoking but mean cigarette smoking but prohibit cigar smoking!

Enjoy & Good Luck!

Thanks Brian, I will definitely make some calls and inquiries in the days before we head down.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:27 AM   #17
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Also note - a facility in Tennessee that is smoking will be 21 and up only. It's a pretty dumb law, but if somewhere allows smoking all entrants have to be 21 and up. Made it really hard to buy cigars when I was 19 and that law came out
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #18
auburnfan1980

I live in North Alabama and was sales manager of my company's local office in southern TN for two years. We had a large storeroom in the back of the office where I would sometimes go alllll the way to the back and work on reports and the computer while smoking cigars. I'd open the back door, turn on fans, everything. Thing is, there's a state-wide indoor smoking ban in TN and apparently one of my customers literally 'caught wind' of my relaxation in the back one day. Next thing I know, the Regional VP of our company send a general email out to ALL Tennessee locations wanting to remind us that after complaints of cigar smoke inside one of the facilities, that it was both against company policy and TN state law and to please stop. Now he's a cigar smoker and we've share a stick or two at corporate events....so to thank him for taking it easy on me, I sent him a fiver to his office with no return address....to which I got a personal email the next day from him that said, "Thank you." haha
Old 11-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #19
whodeeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980 View Post
I live in North Alabama and was sales manager of my company's local office in southern TN for two years. We had a large storeroom in the back of the office where I would sometimes go alllll the way to the back and work on reports and the computer while smoking cigars. I'd open the back door, turn on fans, everything. Thing is, there's a state-wide indoor smoking ban in TN and apparently one of my customers literally 'caught wind' of my relaxation in the back one day. Next thing I know, the Regional VP of our company send a general email out to ALL Tennessee locations wanting to remind us that after complaints of cigar smoke inside one of the facilities, that it was both against company policy and TN state law and to please stop. Now he's a cigar smoker and we've share a stick or two at corporate events....so to thank him for taking it easy on me, I sent him a fiver to his office with no return address....to which I got a personal email the next day from him that said, "Thank you." haha
WTG Jason!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:58 AM   #20
BloodSpite
He Who Dares...WINS!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (1)
HdM Army (Disabled Vet)
BloodSpite is on a distinguished road

Tobacco Road Coffee & Smoke Shop
4825 Trousdale Drive
Nashville, TN 37220

When I worked in Nashville, it was my primary hang out. Couple of leather couches, big screen TV and the guy is real cool fella.
BloodSpite is offline   Reply With Quote