Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 07-05-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
Tikihut27
Learned to Love the Bomb

Trading: (3)
Army (Retired)
Tikihut27 has a spectacular aura aboutTikihut27 has a spectacular aura about
Default Review: Gispert as punk

Gispert Maduro Churchill, 7x54

Used first draw to light firecracker as a test. Performed admirably.

First Third: difficulties with ash. Had to keep exposing the burn to get a good fuse light. Lit smaller popping butterflies and bouncing spinners. Some smaller fountains here, too. Fuse light is quick, tip is still loose, but hot enough for a quick light.

Second Third: No signs of tunneling or hot burn. Some damage to my right index finger from a quick fuse, no damage to cigar, thank goodness. Long burn time on this smoke is helping as I continue to light roman candles and larger fountains with it. A few small repeaters here, too. The Gispert gives out large quantities of thick smoke, which blends in nicely with the smoke from some of the heavier cakes. Tip is solid and conical, glowing nicely, making it very easy to line up with the fuses in the dark.

Final Third: Body of cigar has held up well, but shortened length is making lighting difficult. Still gun shy from earlier quck fuse. Burn is slowing, and cooler tip is making fuse lights difficult. Larger roman candles light fine at first, then delay starts impacting ability to light multiple pieces at the same time. I am forced to switch to a lighter for the grand finale, disappointingly.

Conclusion: Long smoke time means many lights, cooler tip at finish is a negative, but overall a very good punk, if you ignore the fact that lighting fireworks with your cigar eventually makes it taste like you are smoking a fuse.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:35 AM   #2
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Review: Gispert as punk

Great review! I also lit my fireworks last night with a Gispert! Awesome
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:50 AM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice review!!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
Ken
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
RyJ Army (Served With Honor)
Ken is on a distinguished road

I liked the read. Great review!
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

great review

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote