Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-01-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
av8tor152d
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jason
Trading: (21)
RA Army (Disabled Vet)
av8tor152d will become famous soon enoughav8tor152d will become famous soon enough
Default Life

So yeah been a while since I have been active on the boards here, I miss the brotherhood on a daily basis.

With my recent career change, divorce, and working on my degree I just seem to not find much time for hobbies.

Did some thinking the last couple days and realized I am just not happy with my new career, yeah its great money I am making more now than I would have ever made in the Army. That and I don't like not having the time to enjoy reading the boards here as well.

I found CA on my last deployment, spent many a nights lurking in chat meeting new people and making friends that even though I have never met I would not hesitate to throw a 5er into a box and mail half way across the world for. Something has to be said about the quality of the people that make this a home for so many yet make it feel personal to each and every member. From the Troop supporters to the MAW gangs, and yeah even the MASSHOLES.

Guess the reason I am writing this is everyone here is family to me, family that has helped me through the last almost 3 years of my life. If I could I would love to personally thank every one of the members here.

The other reason I am writing this is that well family always shares news and such with each other and well I have thought long and hard over my career change I have come to the decision that I will only be happy serving as a member of our Armed forces so today I made some calls to see about going back on active duty. I should have an answer within the next week as to if they will take me back on active duty.

Just wanted to share yet another change in the life of "Chief" and ask that all of you send some good mojo or whatever you choose that the Army says come home brother.

Thanks for reading my rants and light one up!
Old 12-01-2009, 09:54 PM   #2
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Life

Best of luck to you, Jason.

No matter where life takes you, you CA family will be here for you.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Best of luck to you, Jason.

No matter where life takes you, you CA family will be here for you.
I couldn't have said it better, so I will just quote. Best of luck always, Jason.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:53 AM   #4
Wanger

Good luck on your journey and this latest quest, Chief.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:20 AM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Jason..best of luck in whatever your ventures are brother!!
Old 12-02-2009, 04:56 AM   #6
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Life is too short to not do something you can be passionate about.

Best of luck on your journey, Jason.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:57 AM   #7
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

Best of luck and I hope you can get back in. I barely mentioned it to you way back when, but I have never met a person that got out that did not regret it within a year. As now a retiree in the "real world", they can have it. The BS in the civilian jobs is unreal compared to the military. I'd still be if it wasn't for that 3 mile run every year the Navy makes us do

If I wanted to be Army - I would have joined.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:27 AM   #8
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Good luck and thank you Jason!
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:29 AM   #9
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

God bless you in whatever you decide, my brother.
I'm glad you're following your heart.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:38 AM   #10
macpappy
Rider on the storm.

Trading: (0)
Cohiba CoastGuard (Retired)
macpappy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8tor152d View Post
So yeah been a while since I have been active on the boards here, I miss the brotherhood on a daily basis.

With my recent career change, divorce, and working on my degree I just seem to not find much time for hobbies.

Did some thinking the last couple days and realized I am just not happy with my new career, yeah its great money I am making more now than I would have ever made in the Army. That and I don't like not having the time to enjoy reading the boards here as well.

I found CA on my last deployment, spent many a nights lurking in chat meeting new people and making friends that even though I have never met I would not hesitate to throw a 5er into a box and mail half way across the world for. Something has to be said about the quality of the people that make this a home for so many yet make it feel personal to each and every member. From the Troop supporters to the MAW gangs, and yeah even the MASSHOLES.

Guess the reason I am writing this is everyone here is family to me, family that has helped me through the last almost 3 years of my life. If I could I would love to personally thank every one of the members here.

The other reason I am writing this is that well family always shares news and such with each other and well I have thought long and hard over my career change I have come to the decision that I will only be happy serving as a member of our Armed forces so today I made some calls to see about going back on active duty. I should have an answer within the next week as to if they will take me back on active duty.

Just wanted to share yet another change in the life of "Chief" and ask that all of you send some good mojo or whatever you choose that the Army says come home brother.

Thanks for reading my rants and light one up!
If for some strange reason the Army doesn't want you back, check out the other services. When I was in the Coast Guard a lot of the good helo pilots I knew were ex-Army.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:39 AM   #11
macpappy
Rider on the storm.

Trading: (0)
Cohiba CoastGuard (Retired)
macpappy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
Best of luck and I hope you can get back in. I barely mentioned it to you way back when, but I have never met a person that got out that did not regret it within a year. As now a retiree in the "real world", they can have it. The BS in the civilian jobs is unreal compared to the military. I'd still be if it wasn't for that 3 mile run every year the Navy makes us do

If I wanted to be Army - I would have joined.
Three miles? How many trips around the flight deck of a carrier is that?
Old 12-02-2009, 05:40 AM   #12
Sailchaser
Black Ops-SOB

First Name: Chris
Trading: (7)
HUpmann CoastGuard
Sailchaser has disabled reputation

Jason,
There is a constant journey with new doors opening daily and hopefully one of those doors will make you happy. You'll find that happiness and serenity just give it a little time
Old 12-02-2009, 05:56 AM   #13
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Good luck, my friend, whatever you ultimately decide. I truly miss seeing you around here ... in a very masculine, non-sexual sort of way, of course.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:13 AM   #14
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

God's blessings to you as you work through these decisions in your heart, mind, and ultimately in your life.

God grant you peace.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:16 AM   #15
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpappy View Post
If for some strange reason the Army doesn't want you back, check out the other services. When I was in the Coast Guard a lot of the good helo pilots I knew were ex-Army.
Hehe, actually it's 1.5 miles twice a year.....For anything over 500 feet - I own a motorcycle.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:57 AM   #16
av8tor152d
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jason
Trading: (21)
RA Army (Disabled Vet)
av8tor152d will become famous soon enoughav8tor152d will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
Good luck, my friend, whatever you ultimately decide. I truly miss seeing you around here ... in a very masculine, non-sexual sort of way, of course.

See what I mean about them MASSHOLES.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:19 AM   #17
fissure
DHC Black Ops

First Name: Steve
Trading: (48)
Partagas
fissure has disabled reputation

Keep your head up Jason
fissure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:21 AM   #18
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Good Luck!!!

We'll be here when you need us!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:04 AM   #19
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpappy View Post
Good advice. And I'm hearing lots of recruitment ads on the radio for the Coast Guard back here in Virginia.

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:36 AM   #20
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jon
Trading: (10)
Cohiba Army (Active)
icantbejon will become famous soon enoughicantbejon will become famous soon enough

Well Jason, I can only wish you the best of luck. Knowing my luck, I'll end up following in your footsteps in a few months anyway.

It was a very short lived civilian career for you.