Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-03-2008, 07:06 AM   #1
auburnfan1980

Default You Know What Sucks??

Food poisoning. Yep, no time for cigars the past couple of days. I think we should start a sub-forum for folks who are sick to encourage one another and have a sort of "cyber-herf" where nothing is really smoked...ya just lie in bed, sit on the toilet, or in the doctor's office and imagine with one another what that cigar you're wanting to smoke would taste like IF we weren't sick. Sorry, this is a totally pointless post as I'm just ridiculously bored at home today. That will be all. Oh wait...not again!

Jason
Old 12-03-2008, 07:11 AM   #2
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation
Default Re: You Know What Sucks??

Absolutely the worst thing!!! I fully agree Jason..but look on the bright side...you'll lose a few extra pounds without working out!
Old 12-03-2008, 07:20 AM   #3
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

Think of it as a diet... salmonella works really well!
Old 12-03-2008, 07:28 AM   #4
auburnfan1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
Absolutely the worst thing!!! I fully agree Jason..but look on the bright side...you'll lose a few extra pounds without working out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunng View Post
Think of it as a diet... salmonella works really well!

you guys are great. however...I've lost 45 pounds before this trying to train for a triathlon in May for my birthday. If i'm sick, I can't train...and there's no way i'm running or getting back on the bike for the rest of the week that way I'm feeling now. Salmonella.....hahahaha Thanks for brightening my...oh hell...here we go again!

Jason
Old 12-03-2008, 07:38 AM   #5
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

I feel your pain Jay.

I had food poisining on a flight from Tokyo to NY... 14 hours I thought I was gonna die (actually wished for it a couple times).

then the wife picks me up in the stick shift in NY traffic... head out the window.

went all night without sleep (2 night if you count the flight) and finally HARD the next morning.

I wanted somebody to kill me.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:41 AM   #6
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

Are you kidding?!?!?! If I lost 45lbs before a marathon I'd be super thrilled...I'd be flying down those roads!! best of luck on the Tri...let me know how it goes...I've always wanted to do a sprint one but they lock up so quickly around here when I look.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:42 AM   #7
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Jason. You sure tricked me though... I saw the title of the thread and was looking for good Alabama trash talk I could use for this weekend:-)
Old 12-03-2008, 07:48 AM   #8
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

Food poisoning sucks. I had it once when I went to Vegas for 4 days.
Stayed in the hotel room for 3 of the 4 days sick as all hell.

Get better soon.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:49 AM   #9
auburnfan1980

Quote:
Are you kidding?!?!?! If I lost 45lbs before a marathon I'd be super thrilled...I'd be flying down those roads!! best of luck on the Tri...let me know how it goes...I've always wanted to do a sprint one but they lock up so quickly around here when I look.
well, i weighed 255, and I'm only 6'2". I'm a former basketball player, so my body wasn't meant to weigh that much, and since training for this thing, my ankles and knees haven't felt this good in a decade! The one I'm doing in May is of the "sprint" variety....300m swim, 12.5mi bike, and 3mi run. I'm doing one a couple months after that which will be a lil longer. Do you really do marathons??

Jason
Old 12-03-2008, 07:49 AM   #10
auburnfan1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
I feel your pain Jay.

I had food poisining on a flight from Tokyo to NY... 14 hours I thought I was gonna die (actually wished for it a couple times).

then the wife picks me up in the stick shift in NY traffic... head out the window.

went all night without sleep (2 night if you count the flight) and finally HARD the next morning.

I wanted somebody to kill me.

Thanks for making me sound like a total wuss for complaining about mine. Holy hell, bro...mine is nothing like that!

Jason
Old 12-03-2008, 07:51 AM   #11
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980 View Post
well, i weighed 255, and I'm only 6'2". I'm a former basketball player, so my body wasn't meant to weigh that much, and since training for this thing, my ankles and knees haven't felt this good in a decade! The one I'm doing in May is of the "sprint" variety....300m swim, 12.5mi bike, and 3mi run. I'm doing one a couple months after that which will be a lil longer. Do you really do marathons??

Jason
DID...I'm starting up again this year..I've done the Boston "unofficially" from 2000-2005 The winter training is the worst of it...crossing the line is the best of it!
Old 12-03-2008, 07:55 AM   #12
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

Quote:
DID...I'm starting up again this year..I've done the Boston "unofficially" from 2000-2005 The winter training is the worst of it...crossing the line is the best of it!
Does that mean that you sat on the sidelines and passed out the little cups of water??

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:55 AM   #13
mrreindeer

Oh man, Jason, that sucks. Hope it's over soon. The one thing you can count on is that 'most' of the time, it doesn't last too long....unless you're Kelly in Vegas. Oh man, that's probably one of the worst places to be sick with food poisoning...well, any Vaca for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
Moe - you forgot to mention that you were sitting in a middle seat. God, that had to be the worst!

As for triathlons, I can give you a few tips. When I lived in Redondo Beach, I used to train in my backyard. I'd run from one wall to the other. We're talking about a good 15 feet of brick patio.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:55 AM   #14
auburnfan1980

At this point, i can't imagine doing a marathon. I've worked myself up to 4 miles and done a couple of 5K races, but wow....even a half-marathon seems daunting to me. However, I will say that when I first started, I couldn't complete a 1/4 mile without stopping And I will agree w/ you about the winter training...you can barely breathe in it!

Jason
Old 12-03-2008, 07:58 AM   #15
auburnfan1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreindeer View Post
Oh man, Jason, that sucks. Hope it's over soon. The one thing you can count on is that 'most' of the time, it doesn't last too long....unless you're Kelly in Vegas. Oh man, that's probably one of the worst places to be sick with food poisoning...well, any Vaca for that matter.

Moe - you forgot to mention that you were sitting in a middle seat. God, that had to be the worst!

As for triathlons, I can give you a few tips. When I lived in Redondo Beach, I used to train in my backyard. I'd run from one wall to the other. We're talking about a good 15 feet of brick patio.

You're such an inspiration to me.

Jason
Old 12-03-2008, 08:02 AM   #16
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

Quote:
At this point, i can't imagine doing a marathon. I've worked myself up to 4 miles and done a couple of 5K races, but wow....even a half-marathon seems daunting to me. However, I will say that when I first started, I couldn't complete a 1/4 mile without stopping
It's amazing what training can do..

Quote:
And I will agree w/ you about the winter training...you can barely breathe in it!

Jason
Breathe? Try pissing when it's 15* outside one sunday afternoon!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:10 AM   #17
auburnfan1980

Quote:
It's amazing what training can do..

Breathe? Try pissing when it's 15* outside one sunday afternoon!

That reminds me of a picture I saw once that made me laugh my a$$ off. What's your email and I'll send it to ya!

Jason
Old 12-03-2008, 08:20 AM   #18
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

That's how I spent my Thanksgiving weekend at the beach. Food poisoning is a *****, ain't it? I did manage to get in a bunch of cigars though. The food poisoning didn't affect the flavor of the sticks. Although I kept a sulfur/rotten eggs taste in my stomach/throat

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:38 AM   #19
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I got food poisoning from bad shrimp once. Before that time I would have thought it was impossible to expel my guts from both ends at one time. Fortunately the toilet was right next to the tub.
I had to crawl to the bathroom every hour on the hour for the same routine. I'd blow both ends and then chug water till the heaves were done. It got to a point where the heaves wouldn't stop. When I was well enough to go to the hospital they gave me a shot in the ass to stop the puking and packed me in ice cubes.
I had fever dreams that night that were the wildest most vivid and real dreams I've ever had. Except they weren't really dreams cause I had them when I would pass out from the fever.
I rescued my sister from a burning building in one of the dreams, still remember it.
I don't have a sister, though. It was something else.
The whole thing was quite an experience.

Jason, I hope you're feeling better soon!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 11:04 AM   #20
kdog

Get well soon dude, and war-dadgum-eagle. I'm impressed when someone runs, pedals, etc. I'm addicted to the throttle cable and the leaf so can't understand that whole pedaling thing. Good luck bro.