Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 04-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Montecristo RED Corona

For a man that never smokes NCs, I sure have had a bunch in 2011. I smoked this today and was shaken and
shocked. They were ordered for troop support and for the "free stuff". Even if the "stuff" ain't "free" by a long
shot, I don't get too worked up, as long as there are troops in conflict. But I never thought I would like these
cigars. Not only did I like them, they tasted downright Cuban. There was a rich, creamy character from the
connecticut wrapper, and a full dose of twang, accompanied by a fruity taste not unlike a good Bolivar BF.
The cigar burned agonizingly slow, but the draw was perfect. I would rank the cigar, in terms of copycat
flavors, between a mild and non-peppery PSD4 and a Juan Lopez No.2.

As I write this, you can still get the deal I got on these cigars at JR, although again, deal is a funny word,
they are not cheap cigars. However they may be priced right for you, who knows. All I know is that they
do not suck. And you get some "free stuff".

Attached Images
File Type: jpg amontered.jpg (45.4 KB, 269 views)
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
jimmyk26
Jimmy Jim

First Name: Kings of Leon
Trading: (32)
HUpmann
jimmyk26 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Montecristo RED Corona

What size was this? It's always nice to be surprised; thanks for sharing your experiences.
jimmyk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

The Montecristo Red Corona is the size of a corona, lol.

OK, 5 and a half by 44...........
Old 04-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
OLS
Suck It

I think this is funny, I went to read the specs on the cigar and found that the way they are selling it is actually
a lot like the review I laid down at my blog. That is not just funny, but it makes me feel pretty good about the
way they sell the cigars. Duh, of course it is a select blend of aged long filler tobaccos, blablablablabla.
But it WAS slow burning, it WAS mouth-watering, and it was 'special' over and above the regular drek they
peddle over at that factory...

these beauties are flawlessly constructed with a perfectly aged blend of long filler tobaccos, a smooth binder,
and an attractive medium-brown Connecticut wrapper creating a slow burning, mouth-watering smoke bursting
with complex flavors and a pleasing aroma.