Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
Blocky Patel
New Guy:"Oh my gawwwd"

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (0)
Blocky Patel is on a distinguished road
Default Good, easy reading cigar book

A while back I picked up The Complete Guide to Cigars by Steve Luck out of the discount bin at Barnes and Noble. I had a B&N card and $5 left so I perused the bin and lo and behold! I left it on my night stand for a couple of months and picked it up this week. I really like it.

It's divided into 2 page sections covering separate topics, and gets fairly in depth on the history and fabrication of cigars. I was most interested in the fabrication and cultivation of them, and it was very educational. It's the perfect book for the crapper, because you can read a section in 3 or 4 minutes, making each poop a 1, 2 or 3 section session.

The only part I disagreed with was the "smoking a cigar" section where it said you should smoke the cigar until it becomes acrid and bitter, suggesting you let it die out (don't crush it or it will fill the area with foul-smelling smoke) after 2/3 of a stick. Uh, what?

Anyway, the last half of the book is called the "Cigar Registry" and lists the most common brands alphabetically and gives a history on each one and includes photos of their most common sizes and shapes.

I highly recommend it for your own reading or as a gift. It's a beautiful hardback and would look good on your coffee table.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Guide.../dp/1407516043
Blocky Patel is offline   Reply With Quote