Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 06-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #1941
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
It'll happen, bud. Just keep it up. You probably already know this, but I'm gonna say it anyway: Don't overeat the day before your weigh-in. If you want to indulge, make it earlier in your week, say right after you actually weigh-in.
I only had 2 slices, and had my wife order mushrooms instead of sausage. Other than that my intake for the day was: a bowl of Honey-nut Cheerios w/ skim milk, a Clif bar, a banana, and a cup of yogurt.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:06 PM   #1942
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Losing Weight with Starscream

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
Sams Club stop on the way home...eggs, cheese, sausage, and bacon for my breakfasts and then grabbed some whole chickens, boneless/skinless chicken thighs, and a nice looking pork roast all for the smoker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
link of that low carb recipe thread, in your signature! CMON ANDY I AIN'T SPEAKIN CHINESE
I'm a bit slow today.

I don't have anymore room in my sig.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:08 PM   #1943
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
I only had 2 slices, and had my wife order mushrooms instead of sausage. Other than that my intake for the day was: a bowl of Honey-nut Cheerios w/ skim milk, a Clif bar, a banana, and a cup of yogurt.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's not bad at all.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #1944
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

I am almost finished watching Fat Head. If you haven't seen this movie you need to watch it. It's available on Hulu.
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #1945
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Let us know what you think, Derrick.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #1946
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Ok, day 1 of the Power 90 system. Holy crap was that tough and fun. The AbRipper100 was killer. I think I got ~40 of them in. Followed that up with a couple sets of bicep/tricep curls.

Here's me on day 1. Can't wait to see what the change is on day 90.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0462.jpg (67.3 KB, 196 views)
Old 06-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #1947
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

If it's fun, You'll stick with it! That's good to hear that you had fun doing it.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:43 AM   #1948
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Don't worry about the BMI index. It's pretty flawed. John Cena and Batista are considered obese by that scale.
true, but when I'm trying to get a new life insurance policy quoted in the future, what do you think it'll go by on my application for rates? It's going to look at height/weight and whatever combination it determines the health class I'm in no matter how low my actual bodyfat may be.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:59 AM   #1949
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Wow! Had one of *those* nights at work, expected to drop 2-3 lbs. I weighed in this morning before my workout and I was down to 255.7!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-29-2011, 10:02 AM   #1950
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
true, but when I'm trying to get a new life insurance policy quoted in the future, what do you think it'll go by on my application for rates? It's going to look at height/weight and whatever combination it determines the health class I'm in no matter how low my actual bodyfat may be.
Go to the doctor and get it checked professionally. It can be lowered by measuring your muscle/fat ratio too.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #1951
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
Wow! Had one of *those* nights at work, expected to drop 2-3 lbs. I weighed in this morning before my workout and I was down to 255.7!
Posted via Mobile Device
Good news! Keep it up!

Guess what everybody?

I lost 5 pounds this week!

239!

Only one more pound before I reach my short term goal. The bad news? I'm leaving to go on vacation tomorrow, so you know what that could mean...

Insert quote here.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #1952
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

way to go andy!
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #1953
Kreth
Ronin smoker

WTG, Andy!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #1954
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Nice work outta you Andy.

Just keep in mind while on vacation that you don't need to pig out. Indulge a little, but be mindful where you can. That way you can hopefully not gain anything.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #1955
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Nice work outta you Andy.

Just keep in mind while on vacation that you don't need to pig out. Indulge a little, but be mindful where you can. That way you can hopefully not gain anything.
Most of my family in KY eats healthy, but it's not low carb. My only downfall will be White Castle. I'm gonna eat a ton of White Castle's while I'm up there, but I will stay away from the fries and other high carb items. I promise I will eat a Crave Case by myself at least. Maybe I can stay active enough up there to work it off.

I'm glad to have the new Health and Fitness section, but it makes me look like more of a postwhore. I was below 8,000 before Dave moved this thread out of banter. Now I'm almost at 9,000.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #1956
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Try this at WC. Take the insides from one or more sliders and put it in with another, discarding the bun. It'll cut down on the carbs and you'll still get all the rest.

I noticed that too about my post count. Bumped me up nearly a couple hundy.

Just got done with day two of Power 90. Was actually supposed to be day one, as I got the two workouts mixed up. Oh well. Lots of weight exercises in this one. Got to really use the new dumbbells. I'll give them a . Worked very well as I had to go to a lower weight halfway through and it took only a few seconds and I didn't miss a beat. Worked up a good sweat again but the workout was over pretty quick, just over a half hour. Decided to keep the burn going so did part of the "Sweat" program. That was tough since my muscles were already fatigued. I got through about half before calling it quits.

I think I'm taking after Scott now. I used to be very regular if you catch my drift. Not anymore. Granted I drank a lot of water and just finished a lightish dinner, but I"m up to 231, from 224 this morning. Once things get moving it should be a quick loss back down to the 224.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:57 PM   #1957
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Quote:
I'm glad to have the new Health and Fitness section, but it makes me look like more of a postwhore. I was below 8,000 before Dave moved this thread out of banter. Now I'm almost at 9,000.
The first step is admitting you have a problem...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #1958
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Try this at WC. Take the insides from one or more sliders and put it in with another, discarding the bun. It'll cut down on the carbs and you'll still get all the rest.

I noticed that too about my post count. Bumped me up nearly a couple hundy.

Just got done with day two of Power 90. Was actually supposed to be day one, as I got the two workouts mixed up. Oh well. Lots of weight exercises in this one. Got to really use the new dumbbells. I'll give them a . Worked very well as I had to go to a lower weight halfway through and it took only a few seconds and I didn't miss a beat. Worked up a good sweat again but the workout was over pretty quick, just over a half hour. Decided to keep the burn going so did part of the "Sweat" program. That was tough since my muscles were already fatigued. I got through about half before calling it quits.

I think I'm taking after Scott now. I used to be very regular if you catch my drift. Not anymore. Granted I drank a lot of water and just finished a lightish dinner, but I"m up to 231, from 224 this morning. Once things get moving it should be a quick loss back down to the 224.
But the bun is part of what makes the slider. Can't do without.

Keep up the good work, Bob. You will start noticing the results after the first week or two definitely, if not before then.

I know how you feel. Low carb does the same thing to me too. Green veggies help out a bit with that.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:41 PM   #1959
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

i just sauteed some bacon till crisp, put it on a paper towel and threw a lot of spinach leaves in the pan (turned the heat up a bit), till they were wilted, tossed in a bit of champagne vinegar/salt/pepper and mixed the bacon back in, it was good
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:48 PM   #1960
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

That sounds good Myles.

I made a pasta dish with 1/2 a serving of spaghetti, 1/2C sauce, some diced cherry tomatoes, diced bell pepper, garlic and a egg poached in the sauce. Added some ground flax seed to bump up the fiber, plus it thickened the sauce. Also added lots of chile flakes to spice things up. Topped with some mozzarella. Quite filling even.