Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 06-26-2011, 07:44 AM   #1901
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Losing Weight with Starscream

Myles, the recipe is for 3 servings, so 1/3 cup of pasta per serving. Per the box, one cup dry has 41g of carbs, 2g of fiber.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:46 AM   #1902
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

Ohhhh, didnt realize it was 3 servings ;p
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #1903
guado
OCD cigar hoarder

Trading: (4)
Partagas
guado will become famous soon enoughguado will become famous soon enough

Weight is maintaining but i am feeling slimmer...lol. I am hoping the added weight training is helping!

BTW-last night I drank my first alcohol in a month since doing my extreme weight cutting. I had two glasses of my wifes girly wine and had a buzz like no other! Tooo funny. My tolerance has hit the floor!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #1904
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

I know what you mean Eddie. My tolerance was always low to begin with, even for being so big. Now it's virtually non-existant. One drink and I"m flying to the moon.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #1905
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
260.5 this morning pre-workout. My next goal on WFP is 256 by Tuesday. It's gonna be close.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's do-able. Get 'er done, brother!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
225.6 yesterday morning for my official weigh-in, 225.2 this morning. I was surprised at yesterday's number after being in KC this past week. Had BBQ twice for dinner, fried chicken another, then a 5 Guys burger for lunch of Friday.
You are on a roll! Update your progress in your sig too if you get some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
i seem to be up 2lbs from my last weigh in (a week ago) but probably just bunged up

Bob, that nutritional info doesn't look right, a cup of pasta is at least 50 grams of carbs, plus there are carbs in the veg, coconut milk, etc
Don't worry about it. If you're doing everything that you need to to right, then it will happen. Good things come to those who wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guado View Post
Weight is maintaining but i am feeling slimmer...lol. I am hoping the added weight training is helping!

BTW-last night I drank my first alcohol in a month since doing my extreme weight cutting. I had two glasses of my wifes girly wine and had a buzz like no other! Tooo funny. My tolerance has hit the floor!
Keep it up. If you feel better, that's progress, regardless of what the scale says.
Taking a long break from alcohol will do it to you. Happens to me a lot when I am dry for months at a time.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #1906
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

241.3 on the scale today. Not official weigh in day, but it's only three pounds away from my short term goal.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #1907
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
241.3 on the scale today. Not official weigh in day, but it's only three pounds away from my short term goal.
<Rob Schneider>You can do it </Rob Schneider>

Old 06-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #1908
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Didn't get a walk in today, I"m nursing a pulled hamstring. Hurts like he@@ to bend down. I"m working on stretching it out. In the meantime, I worked up quite a sweat today doing yardwork and then cleaning up the basement. Only need to find some RCA cables for the DVD player and I can start my Power 90 workouts. Can't wait to try out the Bowflex dumbbells.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:58 PM   #1909
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

First 2 days went pretty well. I drank all water with the exception of having a diet drink in the mornings for my caffeine intake.

I traditionally take melatonin at night, but I don't think I can take the same one I've traditionally taken because it lists dextrose in the ingredients. It says there are no carbs in it though.

Melatonin Fast Dissolve (5mg) Ingredients
Other ingredients: dextrose, cellulose, cellulose gum, crospovodone, strawberry artificial flavor, beet juice color, magnesium stearate, sucralose.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:19 PM   #1910
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

At only 5mg, I wouldn't think there's much sugar in there.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #1911
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

I agree. I wouldn't worry about it either.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #1912
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Made this salad to accompany dinner tonight. Thought I was having lake perch but pulled out a walleye filet by mistake. This salad is perfect for summer eating, paired with any lean protein like fish, chicken, etc. It's quite easy to make and you can swap out the grain for pretty much anything you can find (quinoa, bulgur, even regular pasta, just watch serving sizes).

Cracked wheat salad. Makes 2 really large servings. You could divide it into thirds and cut the carb count down even further.

114g (1/2C) cracked #2 wheat
54g (2oz) red bell pepper, chopped into 1/4in dice
39g (1.5oz) carrot, chopped into 1/4in dice
87g (3.25oz) grape tomatoes, sliced into quarters
90g (3.3oz) onion, finely diced
17g (.6oz) green onion, sliced thin on a bias
5g (.2oz) thai chiles, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sherry vinegar (you can substitute red wine vinegar if you don't have sherry)
salt/pepper to taste

Rinse cracked wheat under cold water 3-4 times to clean. Put into a large bowl and cover by at least an 1in of boiling water. The wheat will absorb the water so you'll want enough keep it submerged. Let stand 15-20 minutes. Taste test after 15mins to see if softened completely. If not, let soak the full 20mins. Drain in a sieve, pressing out excess liquid. Dry out bowl, add wheat and set aside to cool slightly.

Once the wheat has cooled a bit, add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. Place in fridge to cool completely, approx 1 hour.

It's that easy. I added the chiles as I had them on hand, you can always omit or replace with some crushed red pepper flakes

Nutritional info (per serving)
313 calories, 14.7g fat, 2g sat fat, 0g trans fat, 0g cholesterol, 6.5g sodium, 40.2g carbs, 7.3g fiber, 3.4g sugars, 2.2g protein.

If you divide into 3 servings, the info is as follows.
209 calories, 10g fat, 1.3g sat fat, 0g trans fat, 0g cholesterol, 4g sodium, 26.8g carbs, 4.9g fiber, 2.3g sugars, 1.5g protein.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #1913
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

For those of you doing low carb, make sure to drink plenty of water. It'll help metabolize the extra fat/protein yout taking in.
Posted via Mobile Device
Chainsaw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #1914
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

201.4 tonight. I might finally break the 200 barrier in the morning. Lisa thinks 200 is fine. I want to try 185 and see how there works out.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:09 AM   #1915
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

229 this morning. It's been about 2 years since I have been this weight. I might actually hit 225 before I hit the beach in 2 weeks.
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #1916
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
201.4 tonight. I might finally break the 200 barrier in the morning. Lisa thinks 200 is fine. I want to try 185 and see how there works out.
I've been told that you want to get to about 10 lbs below your goal weight because once you stop the diet, you'll gain about 5-10 lbs before you stabilize.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:36 AM   #1917
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

That makes sense, Hugh. Never thought about it that way.

Scott and Derrick on a roll!

Insert quote here.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:00 PM   #1918
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

I love the new Health and Fitness Category!

Insert quote here.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #1919
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Very cool. Gotta love those mods!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #1920
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
For those of you doing low carb, make sure to drink plenty of water. It'll help metabolize the extra fat/protein yout taking in.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm about to finish my 4th bottle of water today...1 liter sized.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote