Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #1861
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NHL '09 - '10 Thread

Can't wait for the game tonight. Wings need to be disciplined. These penalties are so un-Wing like. And can someone please stop Pavelski! Guy is on fire..
Old 05-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #1862
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

There's your key, Son...stop Little Joe. No one has been able to do it yet.

Sorry you gotta work, Mike, hope you can at least catch the radio broadcast.

What's up with the guy who sings the National Anthem at the Bruins games? I keep thinking of the Cowardly Lion singing "If I Were King of the Forest".

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 05-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #1863
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
that's weird some vs games get home announcers and some aren't.
It's the games that are joned "in progress"...they pick up one of the teams' local feeds...guess they don't have two crews to send out to two different cities.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 05-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #1864
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

I don't know the Thorton Heater line looks to coming around. This Sharks fan is hoping it is.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #1865
kazzaca

Anyone watching the Mtl-Pitt game tonight? Montreal just had their best period of the series. The crowd is looking WILD.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #1866
ahc4353

I like the way Canadians are playin. Don't get to see many games.

And I still hate Crosby.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #1867
kazzaca

Crosby has been king in Canada since the Olympics and he's been boo'd for 2 series straight in Ottawa and Montreal now...lol. Gotta love passionate fans!

Last edited by kazzaca; 05-04-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #1868
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

I cannot believe the refs overturned that Zetterburg goal. I didn't see any kicking motion. His skate was on the ice! The kicking rule needs to be made more clear.. I've seen other goals this year get overturned that I thought for sure were goals..

As I was typing, WINGS SCORE!! With a review coming
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #1869
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

christos I'm a let you finish but first I'm a call you the wambulance. I kid I kid.
Go complain to Toronto they overturned it not the refs.
as to the overturn. He moved his footto direct it in. It was his intent and it was clear, that's what the rule is for.

that said the Wings look great and the Sharks PP is not capitalizing. This game looks like it will be all Wings going away.

another stick penalty by detroit lets see what happens
Old 05-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #1870
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

Scary ending to the period, Pavelski almost had a goal with a few seconds left. Too many penalties still.

Mike, you would call me the wambulance what can I say I'm just never happy, it's a curse.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2010, 08:29 PM   #1871
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Wing's in OT makes me nervouse.....
Old 05-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #1872
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Like i said.....

Old 05-04-2010, 09:12 PM   #1873
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
I cannot believe the refs overturned that Zetterburg goal. I didn't see any kicking motion. His skate was on the ice!
Son, I am shocked that you thought that was a good goal.

Wings are in big trouble now...they figure a way to keep Little Joe quiet, and Big Joe comes a knockin'. Looks like the Sharks will have a date with the Canucks or the Hawks.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:03 PM   #1874
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

I still cannot believe the Wings can't fill the arena in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Its embarrassing to our sport.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:13 PM   #1875
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
I still cannot believe the Wings can't fill the arena in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Its embarrassing to our sport.
I thought I saw a lot of empty seats on TV, but then I thought I must have been mistaken....I thought the Wings sold out every game for years, regular season and playoffs.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:22 PM   #1876
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I thought I saw a lot of empty seats on TV, but then I thought I must have been mistaken....I thought the Wings sold out every game for years, regular season and playoffs.
I have heard that too, but you watch game 4, they RARELY pan away from ice level. The upper bowl is probably full, those are the cheapest seats, but watching them closely the last 3 years, its evident they do not put bodies in the seats.

If they are sold, put someone in there. Hockey is a 4th rate sport in America already, why advertise disinterest with SO many empty seats? Especially in the playoffs.

I went to a CCHA tournament last spring at the Joe and it was great, the place was packed. Maybe Detroit just sucks so bad now that regular folk cant afford anything except college tickets?

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #1877
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Maybe they were all home watching the Tigers game?

Old 05-05-2010, 03:06 AM   #1878
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

I would say that loss pretty much took the wind out of the Wings. Being up 3-1 and then losing 4-3 in OT kinda does that to ya I'm hoping we can at least win 1 game...

The Wings sold out last night. That doesn't neccessarily mean everyone went to the game.. The past few years they've had a hard time selling tickets because of the economy. Wings regular season and playoff tickets are the higher end for the league. Considering Michigan is also on the higher end up unemployment doesn't bode well for leisure activities. Plus Wing fans seem to not buy earlier round tickets and wait for the Wings to advance further then buy tickets.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:24 AM   #1879
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

Quote:
What's up with the guy who sings the National Anthem at the Bruins games? I keep thinking of the Cowardly Lion singing "If I Were King of the Forest".
Rene Rancourt is badass in the Bruins community. He sings the National Anthem for 90-95% of all B's games....don't hate
Old 05-05-2010, 07:58 AM   #1880
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
It's the games that are joned "in progress"...they pick up one of the teams' local feeds...guess they don't have two crews to send out to two different cities.
I noticed that in the later games, especially those with a Comcast affiliate. But the Flyers/Bruins was their regular time-slot game on Monday night...7 pm, a Versus only broadcast. Why they had the Bruins color guy, I don't know.
Closed Thread