Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #161
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New York Mets 2012 Banter

Today's Mets news...

Mets treating Davis as if he has Valley Fever. Club, first baseman awaiting test results from blood work.

And the hits just keep on coming.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #162
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road

I drove into work and caught a David Wright interview the other day and heard him say "its going to be a fun year"

I ask you this, for who?

Certainly not the players, certainly not the fans, and with what I can only guess will be miserable attendance, certainly not ownership.

I have nothing invested in this team anymore, and will not root for them until the ownership group is either forced to sell by MLB or sells because they can't afford the continued losses.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #163
mase
Undead Recruiter

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (9)
Cohiba
mase will become famous soon enoughmase will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Today's Mets news...

Mets treating Davis as if he has Valley Fever. Club, first baseman awaiting test results from blood work.

And the hits just keep on coming.
Are they just making up illnesses at this point?
Old 03-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #164
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mase View Post
Are they just making up illnesses at this point?
Waiting to see how long it's gonna be before Terry Collins becomes the first manager in MLB history to have to go on the DL.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #165
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

Bolivar

I'm trying my best to stay out of this conversation. Trying to avoid still having any loyalty to the Mets under the wilpons.

I'm starting to know what a battered woman feels like after she leaves an abusive relationship.

You guys should give it a shot.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:30 AM   #166
LockOut
Burn Baby Burn

First Name: Tom
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
LockOut will become famous soon enough

Maybe you guys will know. Im moving to FL in april, and am going to loose my mets on tv. Is there any way to watch them online or am i going to have to pay 125 bucks for the mlb ass on ps3.
IAFF Local #4907
Old 03-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #167
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOut View Post
Maybe you guys will know. Im moving to FL in april, and am going to loose my mets on tv. Is there any way to watch them online or am i going to have to pay 125 bucks for the mlb ass on ps3.
MLB Extra Innings (went up from $ 149 to $ 179 this year), MLB Network (catch the Mets every now and again), or MLB.coms package are the only ways I know. Not really sure you want to watch this year...it's gonna be rough.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #168
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachties23 View Post
I have nothing invested in this team anymore, and will not root for them until the ownership group is either forced to sell by MLB or sells because they can't afford the continued losses.
Unfortunately Chris, the Wilpons aren't going anywhere.
Their financial woes have been grossly misreported.
This is evident by the recent "sale" of the minority shares.
The minority shares that were sold, were sold to the Wilpons, Wilpon family members, and Wilpon business interests such as SNY.
What the Madoff scandal has done, is forced the Wilpons to keep the Mets revenue with the Mets,
SNY revenue with SNY, and the same for the real estate revenue.
The lack of co-mingling their money has left them short on the Mets side of the ledger.
The "sale" was a way for them to infuse cash from their more profitable business ventures to the struggling Mets.

I think the Mets are looking at 2 lean years, they will clean out their bad contracts, and then become major players again.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #169
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

Bolivar

I'd like to think you are right Dom, but I'm not really sure.

I think its just a matter of time before we find out what really happened, and I'm only interested as it effects the team. I think its disgraceful that in this market a team is cutting that much payroll, and basically abandoning any chance of winning.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #170
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

Bolivar

BTW - we should all go to a game, a Brooklyn Cyclones game. Odds are we will see just as much major league talent if we do.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:53 AM   #171
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets drop their spring training opened to the Nats 3-1...looks like we are going to run alot this year...6 stolen bases in the opener.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #172
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Former Met AND PHILLIE Lenny Dykstra was sentenced to three years in prison for what I believe was grand theft auto, amongst other charges. KNUCKLEHEAD!!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #173
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Good luck Mets, maybe this will be your year.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #174
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
.6 stolen bases in the opener.
I think the plan is for the players to steal them and the Wilpon's to fence them.
Gotta pay the bills somehow!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #175
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets beat the Cards in a split squad game today 8-6, Santana pitched two solid innings. In the other split squad game, dubbed "The Battle For Worst Record In The NL", the Mets got beat by the Astros 4-1. Wright has yet to make an on field appearance this spring.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #176
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
I think the plan is for the players to steal them and the Wilpon's to fence them.
Gotta pay the bills somehow!
The mets steal from the opposition, ownership steals from the fans.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:09 AM   #177
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets beat the Marlins split squad team yesterday 7-0. Was hoping Reyes would have played...so we can stick it to him. Turner had a big day and Neise looked really good.

Last edited by kelmac07; 03-08-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #178
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

As we go down to the Marlins today 504, Pelfrey gives up 4 earned runs in 2.2 innings...glad to see he's already in mid-season form.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:44 AM   #179
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Why do we still have Pelfrey?
Old 03-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #180
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
Why do we still have Pelfrey?
Been asking myself that same question the last two years.