Awesome headline:

Don't worry, with the age of the Yankees there will be plenty of DL reports
Old 03-29-2011, 10:45 PM   #162
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of
Default Re: New York Mets 2011 Banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpdebump View Post
Don't worry, with the age of the Yankees there will be plenty of DL reports
I would take the Yankees Triple-A team over the Mets.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:44 AM   #163
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chris
Trading: (1)
Humpdebump is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Who knows, you just might see them
Old 03-30-2011, 05:24 AM   #164
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'll take that bet!!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:48 AM   #165
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Applaud Mets management for giving R.A. Dickey the opening day start!!
Old 03-30-2011, 06:11 PM   #166
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Is he the knuckleballer?
Old 03-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #167
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Is he the knuckleballer?
That's him.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:22 PM   #168
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

There needs to be more knuckleballers pitching.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #169
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Bay starts the season on the DL. Here we go already.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #170
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Applaud Mets management for giving R.A. Dickey the opening day start!!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Looks like the Mets have changed their mind...Opening Day start is going to Mike Pelfrey.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #171
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

Quote:
Bay starts the season on the DL. Here we go already.
Not sure if that's a bad thing, I don't think it's real serious ( hopefully ) and now with Perez and Castillo gone he might have gotten the boos at CITI during introductions on opening day there

Last edited by Humpdebump; 03-30-2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Forgot
Old 03-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #172
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Looks like the Mets have changed their mind...Opening Day start is going to Mike Pelfrey.
So the Mets will start the season 0-1.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:01 AM   #173
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Shocking news....Castillo cut by Phillies....
Old 03-31-2011, 06:03 AM   #174
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Hmmmm...didn't see that one coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
Shocking news....Castillo cut by Phillies....
Old 03-31-2011, 07:06 AM   #175
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

almost as shocking as when I heard the Phils scooped the Yanks for Cliff Lee
Old 03-31-2011, 02:58 PM   #176
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

Wish he stayed with TEXAS
Old 03-31-2011, 03:14 PM   #177
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpdebump View Post
Wish he stayed with TEXAS
And Halladay stayed in Toronto
And Oswalt stayed in Houston
And Hamels never returned to form

Old 03-31-2011, 03:34 PM   #178
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
And Halladay stayed in Toronto
And Oswalt stayed in Houston
And Hamels never returned to form

Quite poetic....thanks Dom!
Old 03-31-2011, 07:07 PM   #179
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

Old 04-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #180
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Opening Day for us today!!!

Dear Mets Fans:

With our 2011 opener tonight in Florida, I want to make this pledge to Mets fans — our team will play the game the right way.

We will always hustle on the bases, run balls down in the outfield and never take anything for granted, no matter the score of the game.

We had a great Spring Training. From day one my message has been look ahead, not backward, and not to worry about what the people outside the clubhouse are saying. If we pitch and play defense like I know we can, we will surprise a lot of people, a lot of people.

I stack our lineup against anyone else's in the league. Getting Carlos Beltran back and hitting cleanup is really big. The way Carlos handled his move to right field was one of the classiest things I have ever seen. Angel Pagan is coming off a great season. While we had a little setback this week with Jason Bay — who was swinging the bat well — going on the Disabled List, he shouldn't be out too long. We believe with the three of them on the field, we have one of the top outfields in baseball.

Our infield is anchored by the two All-Stars on the left side: David Wright at third and Jose Reyes at short. I think David will add on to his numbers from last year and Jose is ready to have a tremendous season. He is one of the most dynamic players in the game. Ike Davis will continue to develop at first base and Jose Thole is one of the fine young catchers in the game. Brad Emaus, a Rule Five pick, got better and better as the spring went on and won the second base job.

On the mound, sure we are going to miss Johan Santana until he comes back, hopefully in mid-year. But this spring, I think we established a solid rotation with Mike Pelfrey, followed by R.A. Dickey and Jonathon Niese. Chris Young and Chris Capuano proved that they are healthy and they really strengthen us on the back end.

We remade our bullpen and we think we have quality arms who throw strikes to get to closer Francisco Rodriguez. K-Rod has just had a fantastic spring and I never have seen him throwing better. People like Bobby Parnell, D.J. Carrasco, Taylor Buchholz, Blaine Boyer, Tim Byrdak and Pedro Beato, another Rule V selection who is from Queens, will give us a solid pen.

I believe we have fortified our bench with the additions of Scott Hairston, Willie Harris, Ronny Paulino (who will begin the year on the Disabled List), and Chin-lung Hu along with Daniel Murphy.

It's been 12 years since I have started a season as a major league manager. I can't tell you how proud I am to be leading the New York Mets and am very excited about the season ahead.

Thanks for your support and see you at Citi Field.

Sincerely,

Terry Collins