Old 04-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #1761
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '09 - '10 Thread

I like Ovi more than Cindy so I am a caps fan tonight. Would love to see Ovi and the Caps take out Cindy and the Pens later, but the Pens are going to be tough. Looking like the next incarnation of the Wings.

Tom anytime you want to come out to san jose I got a ticket here for you to any of the games finals included if I we end up being that lucky. Just hop a flight brother.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #1762
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Tom anytime you want to come out to san jose I got a ticket here for you to any of the games finals included if I we end up being that lucky. Just hop a flight brother.
If it's a Sharks/Hawks Western Conference Final, I'd love to see the Hog on TV wearing a Hawks jersey in San Jose! Very generous.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #1763
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

May need to place some rules. Although I think the big boy could handle himself if a fight broke out.

putting the weeman in summer hockey. Friggin 575.00 for just over 3 months of hockey. Ice time is so damn expensive out here.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:35 PM   #1764
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
seeing as how were taking bets and taking chair shots, what's the over under on how long it takes canuck fan to run anti american smack when they lose? I hope they get more creative then "yankees suck!" this time.

Does the rest of Canada face palm that city. I know America jr. secretly hates us, but atleast the rest of the country keeps quiet about it.
Considering there's more players from British Columbia on the Hawks than there are on the Canucks, I tend to doubt that'll happen. This isn't international play, nationality has nothing to do with it (if it did Kesler would have been run out of town after his "I hate Canada" comments while representing your country in the Olympics ). Besides, what would be the point..... as we proved in Feb, hockey's our game regardless of where the team winning the Cup happens to be based

I'm calling Chicago in 6.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #1765
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigdog View Post
I also believe your D is stronger than ours, but when Sopel is in your top 4 (I might be hazy on whether he's top for or 5), I couldn't say your D outclasses ours by a wide margin with a straight face.

It's going to be a close series (6 or 7 games). I will take the Canucks in 6.

5 Sticks is fine by me. May the better team win !!
Top 4 on the Hawks are Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson and Campbell. If Johnsson is healthy, Sopel is #6. That being said, Sopel has been an amazing penalty killer all season long, I personally love the guy.

Cool on the bet, win or lose, it will be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigdog View Post
Fly to Vancouver and we'll go to a game.
Wish I could! I can't even go to Game 1 in Chicago because of a stupid leg injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
I am a virtual life-long Penguins fan, recent era (Toews/Kane) Chicago fan, and tonight I think I am more of a Habs fan than ever!

So you can guess who I want to see in the Finals! 1992 all over again!
That would rock!

Quote:
Mike, I would fly out there for that, I almost drove to the Joe and scalped a ticket last year for Game 7 of the Finals. It would be great to meet and hang out, and watch some hockey. I even still have my Jimmy Waite Sharks jersey!

Now...somebody stop this man!!!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #1766
0002S
Alla En El Rancho Grande

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
0002S will become famous soon enough0002S will become famous soon enough

Go Habs
Old 04-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #1767
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrilG60 View Post
Considering there's more players from British Columbia on the Hawks than there are on the Canucks, I tend to doubt that'll happen. This isn't international play, nationality has nothing to do with it (if it did Kesler would have been run out of town after his "I hate Canada" comments while representing your country in the Olympics ). Besides, what would be the point..... as we proved in Feb, hockey's our game regardless of where the team winning the Cup happens to be based

I'm calling Chicago in 6.
I'm pretty sure there are canadian players on the kings. Infact I know there are and it didn't stop the arena from chanting "yankees suck" when they lost. So your international play comment doesn't really hold any weight.

as to the other stuff no one will ever argue hockey isn't your game. It's our fourth sport here in the states behind football, baseball, and basketball, in that order. For it being our 4th sport I think our boys did all right but that's not what my post was about. You will find it shocking but not a lot of kids play the game here. In a city of almost 1 million people here there were roughly 50 kids between the age of 4 to 6 who played ice hockey this year.

my post was about vancouvers recent history of anti american chants in both international and nhl play. Was it a poke and kind of a trolling post? Yup, but to be honest it's troubling to see it keep happening up there when it isn't happening down here.

I think your kessler comment was that he hates playing the canadians and hates the team. He was not saying he hates canadians. Even if so that is one loud mouth person speaking poorly.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:46 PM   #1768
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Halak doing it again, 1-0 Habs after 2.....Go Habs!!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:56 PM   #1769
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Halak doing it again, 1-0 Habs after 2.....Go Habs!!
Agreed....for the Bruins sake!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #1770
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Now...somebody stop this man!!!

I'm breaking my own rule about posting in this thread just to say it seems like a gentle breeze can stop him when it really counts. When you absolutely, positively have to choke except no imitations

sid forver, ovi never
Old 04-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #1771
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

At least not 2010...Congrats to the Habs.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #1772
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Old 04-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #1773
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm pretty sure there are canadian players on the kings. Infact I know there are and it didn't stop the arena from chanting "yankees suck" when they lost. So your international play comment doesn't really hold any weight.
I hadn't heard anything about that, it certainly didn't get any play here. That said, sadly it doesn't surprise me as Vancouver has, in my personal experience some of the worst fans in the NHL when it comes to crass and idiotic behaviour.

Quote:
I think your kessler comment was that he hates playing the canadians and hates the team. He was not saying he hates canadians. Even if so that is one loud mouth person speaking poorly.
Meh, that was a comment in the same vein as your good natured trolling. Personally I could care less since: a) it was just lockeroom trash talk to inspire his team, b) I may live here but Vancouver's not my team.... my team just finished putting the sword to the Caps .-

However Kesler's "anti-Canadian" comments it played VERY poorly in the media and fan base, probably because there was so much media grousing about Canadian's being too patriotic during the Olympics. In regards to Kesler it went over badly enough that there was quite a vocal lobby calling for him to be offloaded before the trade deadline. Of course, in true Vancouver bandwagon fan fashion, that's all disappeared now.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #1774
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

wow talk about epic fail. I can do this as this was my sharks last year and why 50% of the team is new. Just didn't see them tanking in the first round. Congrats to the Habs they looked all but dead and pulled off a shocking upset. How bizarre in the west 1 2 3 5 advance. In the east 4 6 7 8 &dvance. That is really the cap on a very strange first round.

Geoff I hear yah. Nothing wrong with a little trolling on the interweb.

Tom good to hear. l launched most of my round 2 seats as with this team I won't care till round 3 or 4. That said I will have 2 games available for both the last rounds and you are welcome to 1.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:58 PM   #1775
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Tom good to hear. l launched most of my round 2 seats as with this team I won't care till round 3 or 4. That said I will have 2 games available for both the last rounds and you are welcome to 1.
That is awesome, Mike...looks like I will be looking at some Expedia if the Sharks (and hopefully the Hawks) advance.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #1776
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

From ESPN.com:

Quote:
Dustin Byfuglien, whom the Chicago Blackhawks moved to defense in March, is moving back to forward to begin the Western Conference semifinal series against the Vancouver Canucks.

Byfuglien played a key role in the conference semifinals against the Canucks last season, scoring two goals and an assist as the Blackhawks won in six games. He often set up in front of Vancouver's net and seemed to get under the skin of goaltender Roberto Luongo.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:01 PM   #1777
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
From ESPN.com:

Good luck sweet Lou

Old 04-28-2010, 09:04 PM   #1778
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Old 04-28-2010, 09:25 PM   #1779
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Missed this game tonight, was the second night of tryouts for my sons team for next year.

Had a great tryout, a couple of new prospects for the team for next year and then to top it off, the capitals lose!

Now that Halak has played out of his mind, its time to come back to earth so the Penguins can move on!

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #1780
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
Missed this game tonight, was the second night of tryouts for my sons team for next year.

Had a great tryout, a couple of new prospects for the team for next year and then to top it off, the capitals lose!

Now that Halak has played out of his mind, its time to come back to earth so the Penguins can move on!

Halak will have to stand on his head for the Habs to get past the Pens.

Closed Thread