Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 05-25-2011, 06:22 AM   #1601
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Losing Weight with Starscream

241. Down a pound. First drop since Easter.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:31 AM   #1602
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
241. Down a pound. First drop since Easter.
Closing in on that goal. Keep it up.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:34 AM   #1603
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Only three away, but it's taking forever!

Insert quote here.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:13 AM   #1604
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

205.2 this morning. Not sure if that's the lowest I've reported to date, but I haven't been at the computer much.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:38 AM   #1605
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Keep it up, Scott.

Insert quote here.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #1606
ashtonlady
The Lady is Here

First Name: Laura
Trading: (8)
Navy (Served With Honor)
ashtonlady will become famous soon enoughashtonlady will become famous soon enough

Reporting in at 218 Got to start some where.
ashtonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #1607
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonlady View Post
Reporting in at 218 Got to start some where.
A start is always good. Keep it up!

Insert quote here.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:43 AM   #1608
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Okay my weigh-in is today. I thought I would be the same or gain some but I still lost weight. I was bad last weekend, ate a Hamburger and Fries and a plate of Taco's. Today I weigh 190.8 slow and steady wins the race.

5/03 205
5/11 196.2
5/18 193
5/25 190.8
Old 05-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #1609
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, Kirk.
That 2.2 lbs. the last week would be an awesome average. It might settle down a little lower, but if it stayed, that'd be sweet.
I usually lose around 1.6 lbs a week (or did in the past, I haven't tracked any numbers this time at all), and it's always steady. I'm getting more active so I try to eat a bit more to match it. I don't usually eat odd stuff at all, and don't binge except maybe at Family Day where I eat tiny bits all day until I finally can't eat another bite, but that never amounts to moving the scale one way or another.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #1610
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

182 this morning,
down 2 lbs from 2 weeks ago
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #1611
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Nice work, Kirk and James.

Insert quote here.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #1612
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Well done, James!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #1613
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Good news all around. Keep it up people. I don't want to have to come to your house and kick your butts around.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #1614
ashtonlady
The Lady is Here

First Name: Laura
Trading: (8)
Navy (Served With Honor)
ashtonlady will become famous soon enoughashtonlady will become famous soon enough

Come and get me Bob.
ashtonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:42 AM   #1615
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

down here to the lowest ive been in a while, still wanna get lower, but its nice to see the results come, even if they're coming slower than i'd like. It's been over a month since i've been doing atkins (modified for what i can do) - it's the longest i've ever stuck to a new eating plan.

The nice thing about the new atkins is that its not like the old one where its just high protein, on this new one you are supposed to eat like 6 cups of salad greens and 2 cups of the right cooked vegetables a day, plus the good fats like olive oil etc, although i've been enjoying some cheese and cream cheese too, and even whipped cream with splenda! And too much protein can actually hinder fat loss. Amazing book the new one is. I recommend it to anyone that wants to try this, or if its something you're not interested in, it's just a good read, and you'll learn a lot. Anyway, not going to lie - this is easy, effective, and awesome muahaha.
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:11 AM   #1616
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Ill check it out when i get back Myles. I'm sure it'll help me with my diabetes, especially since that's the main reason Atkins founded the diet.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:51 AM   #1617
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
down here to the lowest ive been in a while, still wanna get lower, but its nice to see the results come, even if they're coming slower than i'd like. It's been over a month since i've been doing atkins (modified for what i can do) - it's the longest i've ever stuck to a new eating plan.

The nice thing about the new atkins is that its not like the old one where its just high protein, on this new one you are supposed to eat like 6 cups of salad greens and 2 cups of the right cooked vegetables a day, plus the good fats like olive oil etc, although i've been enjoying some cheese and cream cheese too, and even whipped cream with splenda! And too much protein can actually hinder fat loss. Amazing book the new one is. I recommend it to anyone that wants to try this, or if its something you're not interested in, it's just a good read, and you'll learn a lot. Anyway, not going to lie - this is easy, effective, and awesome muahaha.
Question:
Since I've been on a plateau for about a month now, would it be feasible to follow the Atkins for about two to three weeks in order to shake things up and then revert back to my regular diet (which is just a scaled back bit of everything)?

Insert quote here.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #1618
kgoings
Cigarologist

kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Question:
Since I've been on a plateau for about a month now, would it be feasible to follow the Atkins for about two to three weeks in order to shake things up and then revert back to my regular diet (which is just a scaled back bit of everything)?
Mayo Clinic says reassess your habits. Increase your workouts.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/wei...lateau/MY01152

Try counting your calories for a day or two (best a week) and see what your average is. And then calculate what your caloric intake should be for your desired weight. At first when losing weight cutting back on what you eat helps allot..but from past experience you'll need to cut back again before you get to your goal weight.

Atkins might work too, but I think in the long run, try to find a way to either increase your workouts a bit or decrease your calories...or both.

Keep at it!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #1619
kgoings
Cigarologist

Back to working out hard today. Insanity is insane!
Old 05-26-2011, 02:03 PM   #1620
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Question:
I'm not a doctor, but there could be many reasons for a plateau, and sure you could do atkins for 2 weeks, but going off it and starting to eat the **** that is absolute garbage for you ie bread, pasta, sugar is just going to make you gain it back. I'm not a doctor tho, but i'm doing this for life.

The best thing about this is never hungry between meals, and 0 cravings
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote