Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #141
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tatuaje Saints & Sinners club

This post was totally unnecessary. Hope the mods delete it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
I don't think the "BOTL" are the reason he releases a new cigar every day....I'm sorry I think it's because he's a whore and just wants to pad his wallet with money from cigars that all taste the same. Along with some dumb@$$ trendy name, band or packaging. He's the Justin Bieber of the cigar world. A joke. In my book his good cigars are about 2/10 so he's shooting 20% IMO.

I've stated this before he's laughing in your faces......Tatuaje - Tattoo....are you kidding me?!?! Tattoo Tattoo......that's just so creative, notice how he's putting the same bands on his cigars now? Not even changing the bands! Just the words on them! I feel like I'm preaching on deaf ears though.

I want to see a post where someone says "PETE PLEASE RELEASE 400+ CIGARS A YEAR!" Then I want to see say..... 10,000 people that agree. You won't find that anywhere.....it doesn't exist. No one is forcing him to release 400+ cigars a year.

The only people that defend Pete are the few that can afford to keep buying all these LE cigars. So of course if you have the coin you're going to say RELEASE MOAR!!!!! If you, like most people cannot afford 400 boxes a year.... you are probably sick and tired of this pathetic charade.

Come to the dark side, we have cookies.

My 8 cents.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #142
xlc12rf
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jay
Trading: (3)
xlc12rf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlc12rf View Post
Pete is a marketig genius. He really is. I think his twitter profile says it all:
"lifestyle brand designer"

I like his cigars, but I do t chase any LEs down. I'm too early in my career, with too many other financial concerns to worry about. He'll, I can't afford smoke at all right now, so I don't partake.

Guys, it's just a plant. Be glad you have the money to enjoy the hobby. Relax, and smoke em if you got em. Whatever 'em' are.
OT. Sorry for the typos. Mobile phone.
xlc12rf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:12 AM   #143
thecatch83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
I don't think the "BOTL" are the reason he releases a new cigar every day....I'm sorry I think it's because he's a whore and just wants to pad his wallet with money from cigars that all taste the same. Along with some dumb@$$ trendy name, band or packaging. He's the Justin Bieber of the cigar world. A joke. In my book his good cigars are about 2/10 so he's shooting 20% IMO.

I've stated this before he's laughing in your faces......Tatuaje - Tattoo....are you kidding me?!?! Tattoo Tattoo......that's just so creative, notice how he's putting the same bands on his cigars now? Not even changing the bands! Just the words on them! I feel like I'm preaching on deaf ears though.

I want to see a post where someone says "PETE PLEASE RELEASE 400+ CIGARS A YEAR!" Then I want to see say..... 10,000 people that agree. You won't find that anywhere.....it doesn't exist. No one is forcing him to release 400+ cigars a year.

The only people that defend Pete are the few that can afford to keep buying all these LE cigars. So of course if you have the coin you're going to say RELEASE MOAR!!!!! If you, like most people cannot afford 400 boxes a year.... you are probably sick and tired of this pathetic charade.

Come to the dark side, we have cookies.

My 8 cents.
If smoking CC's and joining the "darkside" exclusively, means acting like an incredulous d-bag, count me out! This was quite possibly the most inane and inappropriate post I have read in here.........you sir are fail
Old 04-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #144
weak_link
The Stranger

First Name: Eric
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
weak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
This post was totally unnecessary. Hope the mods delete it.
I actually hope they leave it up. I get a better idea of who our fellow cellmates are and how they think. The way I look at Internet forums is that they are like towns or cities. You don't want to be buddies with everyone in your town for whatever reason, same thing is true online. If posts like that are removed you lose a lot of insight as to who is behind the avatar.

To each their own, chase what you like, smoke what you like. If you want to mow down 'Free Cuba's' all day long then go for it, just don't expect me to smoke 'em and don't be dissapointed that I won't.
weak_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #145
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by landhoney View Post
Cancelled. Haters gonna' hate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Yeah, saw that earlier, I was going to post something, but I wanted to see if Pete was going to pull a second "GOTCHA SUCKA!"
Looks like Pete's cancellation tweet was a practical joke after all.

Quote:
@TatuajeCigars
Pete Johnson
Okay everyone. Yesterday was all in good fun. I really didn't think people were going to freak out so much. Everything is normal at Tatuaje.
1 hour ago via TweetDeck
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #146
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Wow this thread went downhill fast.
I am waiting to see if they officially confirm the sampler. If they do than I will more than likely pay the price to play. 15 sticks for $150 (for Tats) is not too bad so if I end up never using any of the discounts it's no big deal. I will look at it the same as if I bought a sampler here from another BOTL. I think all around Pete is getting beat up on this S&S thing which is why your seeing some of the posts on Facebook regarding S&S and people being pissy. My only issue was the e-mail that was released was rather vague and did not mention getting any solid goods in return for your membership fee like mentioned in previous posts. The actual idea of the club itself does not bother me just the fact that before the released e-mail Pete mentioned getting sticks and swag in return for joining where as the e-mail basically said it will be $150 for a lot of fluff and never mentioned the hard goods.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #147
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Wow this thread went downhill fast.
You've been around long enough to know better than that. If it's about Tat and Pete is mentioned, it's guaranteed to go downhill in, oh, about 3 posts. But hey, it's all about the brotherhood, right.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #148
BryanB
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bryan
Trading: (58)
VR
BryanB has a spectacular aura aboutBryanB has a spectacular aura about

Back to the original question. I will be joining.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #149
Seasick Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanB View Post
Back to the original question. I will be joining.
As will I.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:57 PM   #150
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Well, you know what they say... "When people you don't even know hate you, then you know you've made it."

Or something like that.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #151
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Did I still make it if the people who know me hate me?
Old 04-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #152
pnoon
YNWA

Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Let's keep the thread on topic and discuss the points being made.
If it degenerates into name calling and insults toward members, it will be closed faster than you can say Caputo.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #153
gnukfu
I like cigars

First Name: George
Trading: (27)
LGC
gnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the rough

I'm excited because I found that drop down menu in the lower left where I can change the theme for the forum. I think I like the Blue theme the best.

As far as the S&S I think I will go for it. I like his smokes so 15 cigars for $150 isn't bad. Shoot I spent a lot more than that for a membership to a local lounge where I get a keycard so I can smoke there after hours....and I don't even use it because I can smoke in my house....at least I will get something for the cash here. Everyone has different means and likes different cigars. I think it's nice that we all have the time and means to enjoy cigars and post messages here...even though I don't post much...but I sure smoke a lot of cigars.

Peace.

gnukfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #154
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

You have a key card to use a smoke lounge whenever? That's AWESOME.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by pektel; 04-20-2011 at 07:30 PM.
pektel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #155
enlightenedcigar
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Billy
Trading: (2)
Montecristo
enlightenedcigar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidRock View Post
100 Percent Agreed!
+1
Old 04-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #156
nofeardiver
Feeling at Home

First Name: Dan
Trading: (4)
nofeardiver will become famous soon enough

Wonder if they would do a group join option?
nofeardiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #157
muhren
The Cigar Artist

First Name: Mike
Trading: (43)
Punch
muhren has a spectacular aura aboutmuhren has a spectacular aura about

So, did the May 1st come and go without this club actually starting? Or, did my secondary e-mail pass through to my spam folder?

Anyone have any info?

M
Old 05-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #158
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

There was a tweet about some video he was trying to get posted but was running into technical difficulties. So I guess the 1st was the plan, but it's delayed a little bit while they work some kinks out.
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #159
TheStatsGuy
I'm a proud Masshole

First Name: Tim #4
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
TheStatsGuy will become famous soon enough

He's looking at May 15th now. We shall see.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #160
Brooks W
Feeling at Home

Trading: (70)
Brooks W has a spectacular aura aboutBrooks W has a spectacular aura about

It does not matter when it opens up... FWIW, Pete has said it will not be limited (either by numbers or time) and that he will not have the swag he is including until around the end of may (at last update)...

In other words, even if you sign up 20 seconds after it is opened, you (most likely) won't get anything until the same time as someone who signs up on May 25th etc...

~brooks
Brooks W is offline   Reply With Quote