Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 04-09-2010, 07:20 AM   #141
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New York Mets 2010 Banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Game three into the season and the pitching is already looking shady. Not good!!
not surprised are you?
Old 04-09-2010, 08:05 AM   #142
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
not surprised are you?
Not really...I thought we might make it into the season a little deeper before it looked crappy.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:39 PM   #143
nayslayer
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Larry
Trading: (0)
nayslayer is on a distinguished road

If they lose tonight, then i'll start to panic
nayslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #144
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayslayer View Post
If they lose tonight, then i'll start to panic
Not even a week into the season, and the word "panic" pops up. And you wonder why I'm not a Mets fan.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #145
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Tight game tonight for the Mets. Ex Yankee Tyler Clippard pitched some great relief
Old 04-10-2010, 10:14 PM   #146
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

I could not believe how that game ended. Bases loaded two outs down by one and the left fielder makes a diving catch to end the game. Tough loss for the Mets.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:15 PM   #147
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
I could not believe how that game ended. Bases loaded two outs down by one and the left fielder makes a diving catch to end the game. Tough loss for the Mets.
Matt Capps made it interesting, thats for sure.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #148
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a damn shame that we can't even beat the Nats. Nothing like starting the season in the cellar!!
Old 04-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #149
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
It's a damn shame that we can't even beat the Nats. Nothing like starting the season in the cellar!!
Josh "The Hammer" Willingham with the big grand slam. Good player, I saw the game last year when he hit two slams in one game.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #150
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Nationals 4 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 7 1
Mets 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 2 7 0

UGLY!
Old 04-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #151
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
Nationals 4 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 7 1
Mets 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 2 7 0

UGLY!
And Santana pitched today...WTF????
Old 04-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #152
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

As of today, the Yankees are tied for first place, whereas the Mets are in the cellar.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #153
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Lowly cellar at that...thanks for the reminder Thomas.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:41 PM   #154
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
Lowly cellar at that...thanks for the reminder Thomas.
Look at the bright side Mac, Mets should give the Nats a helluva run for fourth
Old 04-13-2010, 04:44 PM   #155
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
Look at the bright side Mac, Mets should give the Nats a helluva run for fourth
If the pitching stays asleep all season...we won't challenge the Nats for 4th...we'll stay in the cellar.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:51 PM   #156
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

I don't think there are any words to describe the Mets anymore Mac. It is going to be a long season for you.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:59 PM   #157
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

And we get SPANKED by the Rockies tonight...Maine needs to be sent back to AA!!!

IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Maine(L, 0-1) 3.0 7 8 8 3 4 1 13.50 (Hell of a line...thanks a lot!!)

Old 04-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #158
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Who will fill his spot in therotation though? Isn't he the #3 on the staff?
Old 04-13-2010, 10:02 PM   #159
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Who will fill his spot in therotation though? Isn't he the #3 on the staff?
Ryan..at this point...PISS ON HIM...bring someone up from AAA and let them give it a shot. Main has been CRAP that last two years.

The rookie Mejia looks damn good early...one of the few silver linings!!!!

And FIRE Omar NOW!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:05 PM   #160
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

I agree they need to fire Omar. I have never liked him from day one. They would be smart to hire JP Ricardi the former Blue Jays GM.