First Name: Mike
Trading: (6)
SLR Army (Served With Honor)
Mikey202 will become famous soon enoughMikey202 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Steelers fans check in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrodgerscpa View Post
Steeler fans...

As a Titans fan, I'm here for one reason only... Just to set the record straight.

I truly feel that the Tennessee players who 'stepped on' the terrible towel at the end of the game were LOW CLASS
Its hard to win when you turn over the ball 4 times and miss field goals. As far as stepping on the Terrible Towel at the end...... lot of football to be played, and if we meet the Titans again, they will regret it.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #142
tedrodgerscpa
Palmetto State Herf Crew!

First Name: Ted
Trading: (87)
QdO
tedrodgerscpa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey202 View Post
Its hard to win when you turn over the ball 4 times and miss field goals. As far as stepping on the Terrible Towel at the end...... lot of football to be played, and if we meet the Titans again, they will regret it.
I agree (well, except they might regret it)...

Jeff Fisher rallied the Titans to win on the 'disrespect' generated in the media and in Vegas...

The sight of LenDale White stepping on the towel will generate the same emotion in the 'Burgh

Everyday I'm shufflin...
tedrodgerscpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:08 AM   #143
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Steeler fans...

As a Titans fan, I'm here for one reason only... Just to set the record straight.

I truly feel that the Tennessee players who 'stepped on' the terrible towel at the end of the game were LOW CLASS
The game wasn't on out here and I haven't seen the lo-lites yet, but that's poor sportsmanship. It'll fire the Steelers up if they meet again in the pay-offs.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #144
Aladdin Sane

Quote:
As far as stepping on "The Towel".... C' Mon. Man ...

It's a freaking towel!!

If the Ratbird fans were waving around some MD state flags and Steelers fans were to stomp on them I doubt there would be so much "Hoopla"!!!

I kinda wish dude would have blown his nose with it

If it was me...I'd of wiped my a*s........with it....But then again...I'm LOW CLASS......

......PS..............If the Ravens are not in it.....I LOVE the SQUEELERS!!! So EAT ME!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 06:07 AM   #145
Mikey202
Tight Lines !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladdin Sane View Post

As far as stepping on "The Towel".... C' Mon. Man ...

It's a freaking towel!!

If the Ratbird fans were waving around some MD state flags and Steelers fans were to stomp on them I doubt there would be so much "Hoopla"!!!

I kinda wish dude would have blown his nose with it

If it was me...I'd of wiped my a*s........with it....But then again...I'm LOW CLASS......

......PS..............If the Ravens are not in it.....I LOVE the SQUEELERS!!! So EAT ME!!!
THAT TOWEL IS THE FLAG OF THE STEELER NATION!!!!!!! YOU RATBIRD!!!
(you know your my favorite )
Old 12-24-2008, 08:01 PM   #146
atlharp
Microaggressor

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (1)
HUpmann
atlharp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I agree (well, except they might regret it)...

Jeff Fisher rallied the Titans to win on the 'disrespect' generated in the media and in Vegas...

The sight of LenDale White stepping on the towel will generate the same emotion in the 'Burgh
Indeed,

The Titans will regret this. When the Steelers get personal, it gets ugly! I guarantee they didn't see any of that stuff during the game, but as soon as they do they will have their targets. Titans beware, the next engagement there will be blood...

Alladin, it's not about a towel. It's a symbol- it's kind of like somebody spitting in the jail cell of where the Raven's defense sleep.

ATL
atlharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:03 AM   #147
Mikey202
Tight Lines !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlharp View Post

Alladin, it's not about a towel. It's a symbol- it's kind of like somebody spitting in the jail cell of where the Raven's defense sleep.

ATL
HEE HEE!!! Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:06 AM   #148
smokinj

Quote:
You got that right bro, the Curtain will rise to the top!
Old 12-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #149
Mr. Ed
A horse is a horse...

First Name: Ed...duh
PL
Mr. Ed will become famous soon enough

I didn't think the towel thing was that big of a deal. I think they'll get enough motivation because of the way they played and lost.
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #150
Aladdin Sane

Quote:
Indeed,

The Titans will regret this. When the Steelers get personal, it gets ugly! I guarantee they didn't see any of that stuff during the game, but as soon as they do they will have their targets. Titans beware, the next engagement there will be blood...

ATL
Ouch!!! Thats just MEAN!!! You sure your not confusing me with the Bengels???
Old 12-26-2008, 05:46 PM   #151
Mr. Ed
A horse is a horse...

First Name: Ed...duh
PL
Mr. Ed will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Ouch!!! Thats just MEAN!!! You sure your not confusing me with the Bengels???
That's a good point. Only Mr. Lewis and Mr. Suggs have been bad boys to my knowledge. The Bungles are much, much worse. I'm looking forward to a Baltimore-Pittsburgh match-up in the playoffs, where things will be rectified
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:53 PM   #152
Aladdin Sane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
That's a good point. Only Mr. Lewis and Mr. Suggs have been bad boys to my knowledge. The Bungles are much, much worse. I'm looking forward to a Baltimore-Pittsburgh match-up in the playoffs, where things will be rectified
Suggs AKA T-Sizzle... I know) Is clean as any in the NFL...This whole team has been drama free for this year at least as far as I know.... and believe me Baltimore fans are not shy about calling out players that are A holes...

3 is the magic number. If we meet the Steelers again I have at least 5 smokes ready for anyone who wants to wager!...(Mikey and me have an ongoing wager...That I have lost twice this year...Bastids!)
Old 12-26-2008, 05:57 PM   #153
Aladdin Sane

Quote:
Indeed,

ATL
Where is the LOVE?? We are basically the same team....Except we are a bit better

In the spirit of the Holidays.....Here is a great pic (all kidding aside)!

Old 12-26-2008, 06:09 PM   #154
Mikey202
Tight Lines !!!!

Quote:
Suggs AKA T-Sizzle... I know) Is clean as any in the NFL...This whole team has been drama free for this year at least as far as I know.... and believe me Baltimore fans are not shy about calling out players that are A holes...

3 is the magic number. If we meet the Steelers again I have at least 5 smokes ready for anyone who wants to wager!...(Mikey and me have an ongoing wager...That I have lost twice this year...Bastids!)
You Ratbird!!!
Old 12-28-2008, 04:32 PM   #155
smokinj

Good day today minus Ben's injury. He'll be good to go before playoff week. Go Steelers
Old 12-28-2008, 05:38 PM   #156
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinj View Post
Good day today minus Ben's injury. He'll be good to go before playoff week. Go Steelers
Ben hasn't thrown the ball well for weeks. His shoulder's a mess and he's been a liabilty. Don't get me wrong, I love him to death.
I just worry that his bad shoulder is going to be the end of the Steeler's run. Add a headache to that and he just really needs a break.
Byron has shown he can get the job done. If Ben could get an extra week on top of the bye week, I really think he can take the team the whole way. If he's forced to play the first playoff game I think we're goin' home early.
I knew Ben would get hurt if he was in past the first quarter today and called it before the game. Why Mike had him in there in the condition he's been in is beyond me. I know Ben wants to play, but if he'd sat out this game and the bye week he'd have been in great shape for the playoffs.
I fear it was another "young coach" strategic misfire that's gonna cost us dearly.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:26 PM   #157
tedrodgerscpa
Palmetto State Herf Crew!

First Name: Ted
Trading: (87)
QdO
tedrodgerscpa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Byron has shown he can get the job done.
I can think of MUCH WORSE backup QB's than Byron Leftwich...

Kerry Collins is probably a better backup, but I digress

Best wishes to getting healthy, Steelers... Would LOVE for my Titans see you in the AFC Championship*

*yes, I know there's a lot of football left

Everyday I'm shufflin...
tedrodgerscpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:57 PM   #158
Mikey202
Tight Lines !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Ben hasn't thrown the ball well for weeks. His shoulder's a mess and he's been a liabilty. Don't get me wrong, I love him to death.
I just worry that his bad shoulder is going to be the end of the Steeler's run. Add a headache to that and he just really needs a break.
Byron has shown he can get the job done. If Ben could get an extra week on top of the bye week, I really think he can take the team the whole way. If he's forced to play the first playoff game I think we're goin' home early.
I knew Ben would get hurt if he was in past the first quarter today and called it before the game. Why Mike had him in there in the condition he's been in is beyond me. I know Ben wants to play, but if he'd sat out this game and the bye week he'd have been in great shape for the playoffs.
I fear it was another "young coach" strategic misfire that's gonna cost us dearly.
I agree with you 100%. When I saw Ben playing today, I was like, " WTF? What is the reason would you put him in there?" Everyone knows that he has been playing hurt, and he has nothing on his passes. If the offense doesn't start to produce, this will be a 1 game, see you next year, playoffs for us. The defense can do it all.
When I was in Pittsburgh early this year I had the chance to talk to the Events Coordinator for the Steelers. He told me that when they gave Big Ben his new contract, the front office had to restructure alot of peoples salaries within the franchise, to come up with the money. Doesn't seem to me that they are protecting the franchise QB = investment. How many times he been sacked in the last 3 years?...... almost 150 times I think.
I just think that it was a real bad decision and missed opportunity for Ben to get healthy. We shall see in 2 weeks.
I just think that it is a waste of the best Steeler Defense since the Steel Curtain, not to do all you can to make the offense more productive.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #159
Waynegro1

Quote:
I agree with you 100%. When I saw Ben playing today, I was like, " WTF? What is the reason would you put him in there?" Everyone knows that he has been playing hurt, and he has nothing on his passes. If the offense doesn't start to produce, this will be a 1 game, see you next year, playoffs for us. The defense can do it all.
When I was in Pittsburgh early this year I had the chance to talk to the Events Coordinator for the Steelers. He told me that when they gave Big Ben his new contract, the front office had to restructure alot of peoples salaries within the franchise, to come up with the money. Doesn't seem to me that they are protecting the franchise QB = investment. How many times he been sacked in the last 3 years?...... almost 150 times I think.
I just think that it was a real bad decision and missed opportunity for Ben to get healthy. We shall see in 2 weeks.
I just think that it is a waste of the best Steeler Defense since the Steel Curtain, not to do all you can to make the offense more productive.
Very well said and I couldn't agree more,
THAT's ALL
Old 12-29-2008, 08:41 AM   #160
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Well said. Ben would have had an extra week to heal, but what's done is done. I really hope he gets healthy over the next few weeks. We'll see.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote