Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 01-31-2010, 04:17 PM   #141
maverickdrinker
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: art
Trading: (15)
Cohiba
maverickdrinker will become famous soon enoughmaverickdrinker will become famous soon enough
Default Re: P90X Workout

Been doing the workouts for about 2 weeks now. Gonna turn it up and start to incorporate the diet plan on Monday.

I wanted to get your thoughts on using a fat burner while on the program. Was thinking of using hydroxicut or another fat burner as I get into it.

Anyone do this before? Did it help or hinder you?

TIA
maverickdrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:55 PM   #142
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickdrinker View Post
Been doing the workouts for about 2 weeks now. Gonna turn it up and start to incorporate the diet plan on Monday.

I wanted to get your thoughts on using a fat burner while on the program. Was thinking of using hydroxicut or another fat burner as I get into it.

TIA
Those things even safe?

Burning too much fat off at once would put your body into a state similar to that of ketoacidosis which is like remnant acids (leftver from the burning of fat) traveling through your bloodstream and digestive track causing pH imbalances.
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:41 AM   #143
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

I'm seriously thinking about starting this, but not to lose weight (I'm 5'9", 135ish), just to get into some kind of workout routine. Only time I really exercise is when I skateboard, and it's winter now, so there's not much of that happening.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #144
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:

TIA
I thought about using Hydroxycut, but didn't want to deal with the side effects. For me, the exercise program + the nutrition plan was all I needed to burn fat. I would suggest starting with the Phase 1 eating plan--it's called Fat Burner!--and following that for at least a month; I'd bet you begin to see results. Make sure you take measurements so you can chart your progress. GL!

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:55 PM   #145
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

The DVDs set I had for trade/purchase have been traded. Thanks and on the workouts.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #146
maverickdrinker
I'm nuts for the place

Cohiba
maverickdrinker will become famous soon enoughmaverickdrinker will become famous soon enough

day 1 completed; doing the lean version. started the morning with core cybergenics and did an afternoon workout on shoulders. stretched out this evening as I was a little sore from volleyball last night.

The recovery drink is definately a good thing. I am glad that I took January to get used to the exercises.

Starting weight is 185 pounds; looking to get down to 165 pounds by May.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:09 AM   #147
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Quote:
day 1 completed; doing the lean version. started the morning with core cybergenics and did an afternoon workout on shoulders. stretched out this evening as I was a little sore from volleyball last night.

The recovery drink is definately a good thing. I am glad that I took January to get used to the exercises.

Starting weight is 185 pounds; looking to get down to 165 pounds by May.
I've been doing this for 2 weeks and haven't lost a pound. I think I'm just gaining muscle in place of lost fat.

I weigh 182 - 184.
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #148
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

Just started the P90X workout program yesterday. Holy hell am I out of shape! Was able to go through the entire work-out without stopping but had to do MUCH lower reps on most of the workouts.

Good christ this thing is an ass-kicker! Day 2 is today..I'll let you know how it goes
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #149
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

Day 2 is...Plyo you'll be asking to die after the first 20 minutes. In a good way.
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #150
ade06
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ade
Trading: (24)
Trinidad
ade06 will become famous soon enoughade06 will become famous soon enough

Keep it up! It's a great program if you stick with it.
ade06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #151
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

Thanks guys, I've heard things about the Plyo LOL.

LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #152
Tripp
Pepin Ho of the NorthWest

First Name: Tripp
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Tripp is on a distinguished road

I started P90x again yesterday, after stopping to focus on weight training for the last 6 months or so. Looking forward to Plyo this afternoon.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #153
maverickdrinker
I'm nuts for the place

Cohiba

Not losing as much weight as I thought. Gaining muscle however, not dropping too many actual pounds. Will have to follow the diet a bit more strictly.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #154
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Figured I would bump this thread, as I have read through it probably 8 times in the last 2 months.

Toward the end of the summer (beach season), I decided it was time for me to get serious about getting rid of the excess baggage I was carrying. No, not my wife , weight. I decided to purchase P90X and commit to following the program. I decided I would do the lean version as my main priority was to lose weight. I have a touch of plantar fasciitis, and since plyo isn't part of the lean version (which I think plyo would aggravate) that also was a consideration for which plan to do.

All I can say is the program definitely works! I am a big guy, about 6'-5" and am generally athletic. When I started the program 30 days ago, I weighed in at 302.2 lbs. , and after the first 30 days following both the work-outs and nutrition plan have lost 20.6 lbs. I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I have already lost 3 inches from my waist and have noticed some increased muscularity, especially in my shoulders.

I didn't want to post in the thread until I had some results in hand, but to everyone who contributed to this thread, especially Gerard, thank you. It's always great to read about other's experiences especially when they are people you know, even though in most cases, only through the forum.

My goal for the 90 days is to lose a total of 40 lbs. Fat comes off in layers, so for now, that is my only goal. If I don't reach it, I'm not going to be discouraged. I know that it is getting me in a lot better shape.

30 days down, 60 days to go.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:18 AM   #155
ade06
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ade
Trading: (24)
Trinidad
ade06 will become famous soon enoughade06 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
Figured I would bump this thread, as I have read through it probably 8 times in the last 2 months.

Toward the end of the summer (beach season), I decided it was time for me to get serious about getting rid of the excess baggage I was carrying. No, not my wife , weight. I decided to purchase P90X and commit to following the program. I decided I would do the lean version as my main priority was to lose weight. I have a touch of plantar fasciitis, and since plyo isn't part of the lean version (which I think plyo would aggravate) that also was a consideration for which plan to do.

All I can say is the program definitely works! I am a big guy, about 6'-5" and am generally athletic. When I started the program 30 days ago, I weighed in at 302.2 lbs. , and after the first 30 days following both the work-outs and nutrition plan have lost 20.6 lbs. I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I have already lost 3 inches from my waist and have noticed some increased muscularity, especially in my shoulders.

I didn't want to post in the thread until I had some results in hand, but to everyone who contributed to this thread, especially Gerard, thank you. It's always great to read about other's experiences especially when they are people you know, even though in most cases, only through the forum.

My goal for the 90 days is to lose a total of 40 lbs. Fat comes off in layers, so for now, that is my only goal. If I don't reach it, I'm not going to be discouraged. I know that it is getting me in a lot better shape.

30 days down, 60 days to go.
Keep up the good work Joel!
ade06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #156
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Awesome results, my friend!

I'm glad you got such positive results in the first 30 days. As your metabolism gets ramped up and you gain overall strength, you'll see the "magic" happen in weeks 10-13. Keep it up!

Old 10-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #157
Wanger

We were doing the program before our trip to Greece, and my wife developed achilles tendonitis. I LOVED the yoga. That was awesome. Loved the balance it provided, and I felt that my flexibility was increasing, which is a key for my triathlons. And yes, even though I was in shape from my summer races, the plyo still kicked my ass. I hope we can get back into it once she's healed. We were seeing some differences, but I was not following the diet plan. I'm not a dieter, so I'll just eat what I want.

Good luck to everyone doing it!
Old 10-15-2010, 04:00 PM   #158
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

What a way celebrate my birthday after work...just finished a course of Legs & Back with a side of Ab Ripper X.

yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:03 PM   #159
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

I have 2 weeks left of Insanity. After this, I will be starting P90X and doing 2 a days with Insanity or a run in the a.m. and P90X at night. Grrrrrrr......
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #160
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
I have 2 weeks left of Insanity. After this, I will be starting P90X and doing 2 a days with Insanity or a run in the a.m. and P90X at night. Grrrrrrr......
Holy hell, man, that's nuts!

Let me know if you want a hybrid program that incorporates both Insanity & P90x; I have one I finished a few months ago. It's not doubles, though!