Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 04-16-2015, 12:57 PM   #141
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 2015 MLB Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Tigers' starting pitching has been awesome, Son, and Soria is looking good. If we can just keep Chamberlain and Albuqerque out of there, 141 wins are a lock!
You forgot Nathan. We need him out of the picture as well. I'm worried they'll demote Soria when he gets back.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:20 PM   #142
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
You forgot Nathan. We need him out of the picture as well. I'm worried they'll demote Soria when he gets back.
Not if he keeps shuttin' 'em down...

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 02:15 PM   #143
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Tom, did your Tigers give up any runs today?

Old 04-18-2015, 02:16 PM   #144
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Tom, did your Tigers give up any runs today?

They did. A crapload. And they're still first place in the Majors.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-18-2015, 02:20 PM   #145
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

And in this time zone it's still April.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:32 PM   #146
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Tied with St. Louis for current playoff streak. I know they're not the Yankees, Thomas, but oh what they've done for me lately.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:58 PM   #147
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Damn right they ain't the Yankees, though I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Just FYI, I never jumped on any bandwagon. I became a Yankee fan when I fell (in a manly sorta way) for a young first baseman they brought up named Don Mattingly. He epitomized what I thought a pro athlete should be, and he only got a taste of the playoffs in the last year of his career. It's not about the banners for me . . . it's about the Gehrigs, the Donnie Baseballs, the Jeters who wore pinstripes.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:49 AM   #148
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Not questioning your reasons for allegiance, Thomas, nor diminishing the Yankees past greats or successes. Just pointing out that Detroit has the longest current playoff streak in response to your quip about it being April. And channeling my inner Janet Jackson by posing the question, "What have you done for me lately".

Old 04-19-2015, 07:00 AM   #149
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

And I cannot dispute facts, even if I'd wish to. Fact is, the Tigers have built a good team in recent years that has had much success, much to the delight of its fans. Good for them, and you.

And fact is, it IS April, and baseball has a loooooong season. Not only ain't it over till it's over, it ain't over when it's just begun.

And fact is also, Tanaka looked good last night.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:18 AM   #150
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Absolutely, Thomas. And the AL Central is stacked with talent this year, so definitely not counting any 2015 chickens yet....just having some fun, after all, that's what baseball's all about.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:53 AM   #151
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

True dat. Too often too many forget it's just a game.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:45 AM   #152
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

How about them Mets? I know it's early...but I enjoy it while I can.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:35 AM   #153
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
How about them Mets? I know it's early...but I enjoy it while I can.
Mac, gather ye rosebuds while ye may . . . or April in this case . . . lest tomorrow thee drop thy ball.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...&hsimp=yhs-001

Old 04-19-2015, 02:50 PM   #154
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Pineda was reasonably effective, the Yankee batters not so much (5 runs off 11 hits and 6 walks), the bullpen did their job, and Yanks sweep the Bay Rays to reach .500. Now if they can just still be there after 4 upcoming in Detroit.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:12 PM   #155
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Tigers scored a few today. Cespedes en fuego!

Old 04-21-2015, 10:08 AM   #156
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Anybody catch Reds manager Brian Price's F-bombapalooza rant ? i'd say he's a little frustrated.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:59 PM   #157
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

So I wanted 2 of 4 for my Yanks in Detroit, and I got it with one still to play. Smacked Price, one of the Tigers' thirteen aces, around like a rented mule.

Guess I could get greedy and hope for 3 of 4, but I'll take whatever at this point. If nothing else, we've doubled Detroit's Ls in two days.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:55 AM   #158
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Yup, that was a good old fashioned schelacking last night, Thomas. Sanchez hasn't been great so far either so 3 outta 4 is a distinct possibility.

I would be much more upset about this if it were late June and the Blackhawks were out of it.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:15 AM   #159
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Tom, I'm concerned how Tanaka's gimpy arm will fare in chilly air this afternoon.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:20 PM   #160
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Like the first game in Detroit, the fourth was a pitching duel. Unlike the first, it was my Yanks who scored late to take the 2-1 win. Tanaka was very good for 6 1/3, and the bullpen did their job. What with the sweep in Tampa, then 3 of 4 in The Motorless City, it turned into a good road trip.