Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-31-2014, 09:14 PM   #141
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2014 MLB Thread

Damn good deal considering he's their #1 catcher.

Quote:
The Detroit Tigers avoided arbitration with No. 1 catcher Alex Avila on Friday as he agreed to a one-year deal.

The deal is for $4.35 million, sources said, and has a $5.4 million option for 2015, which triggers if Avila is selected to the All-Star team or makes the top 10 in MVP or Silver Slugger voting in 2014.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:37 PM   #142
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Damn good deal considering he's their #1 catcher.
Lol of course it's hard to bail on the tigers
Old 01-31-2014, 09:53 PM   #143
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
Lol of course it's hard to bail on the tigers
Yah I would have to say if I was catching that staff I'd do it for rent and 2 meals a day.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:25 AM   #144
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Squid for brunch, and pancakes for dinner.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #145
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Nah, in the majors it's calamari and crepes.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #146
AdamJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
and I'd skip brunch.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:33 PM   #147
ChicagoWhiteSox

ST where you at?
Old 02-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #148
AdamJoshua

NESN has a count down to Moving Truck Day, the day they pack up the gear and head south for ST, it's practically a holiday in Boston with all the news outlets covering it live and 100s of people show up to send off the trucks.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:41 PM   #149
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
NESN has a count down to Moving Truck Day, the day they pack up the gear and head south for ST, it's practically a holiday in Boston with all the news outlets covering it live and 100s of people show up to send off the trucks.
You ever head to FL to games? Wish I had time to fly to AZ to watch the the White Sox. Warm weather, baseball, mini vaca sounds nice right about now.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:02 PM   #150
AdamJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
You ever head to FL to games? Wish I had time to fly to AZ to watch the the White Sox. Warm weather, baseball, mini vaca sounds nice right about now.
Grew up in Satellite Beach for years and years the Dodgers and a few other teams all had spring training right around us, one year we went and saw the Dodgers in ST, i have an old polaroid of me and Sandy K and a ball he signed for me, and that was WAY back when.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:16 PM   #151
AdamJoshua

Old 02-08-2014, 01:51 AM   #152
AdamJoshua

I guess no one was buying his story so he finally gave up.

Quote:
NEW YORK -- Suspended New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez abandoned his fight against Major League Baseball on Friday, dropping his lawsuit for tortious interference in U.S. District Court in Manhattan. Rodriguez also withdrew lawsuits against commissioner Bud Selig and the Major League Baseball Players Association, ending his battle to overturn an unprecedented 211-game suspension in connection with baseball's Biogenesis investigation that was reduced last month to 162 games plus the 2014 playoffs by arbitrator Fredric Horowitz.[
Old 02-11-2014, 01:47 PM   #153
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Old 02-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #154
AdamJoshua

So close to games …. I can barely contain myself.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #155
mahtofire14
Chillin in the Aging Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough

I'm with you. There isn't much better time of year than Spring Training. Just hoping my Twins can find the .500 mark this year.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:28 AM   #156
Will herf for food

VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

1 more day until Tigers pitchers and catchers report. Got word a couple days ago Miggy's already in Lakeland.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:22 PM   #157
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
1 more day until Tigers pitchers and catchers report. Got word a couple days ago Miggy's already in Lakeland.
Boozin' it up?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:42 PM   #158
ChicagoWhiteSox

Getting close..
Old 02-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #159
Will herf for food

VR

I heard on the way in that position players report this morning.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:49 AM   #160
AdamJoshua

Whoo hooo Sox beat the college team they played in S.T. ... hey it's a start, they are on the road to defending their championship!