icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '10 - '11 Thread

20 seconds!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #1562
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

yESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #1563
ChicagoWhiteSox

Hawks make the playoffs

Old 04-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #1564
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
yESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Enjoy the Canucks. Really wonder how this series will pan out. Hawks won first two Canucks won last two. I expect an extremely physical series. Think the Sharks lucked into the easiest first round, but who knows with round two. Nobody wants the Ducks and I think Nashville is going to get blown out of the water.

The only two teams from the east that have a shot at the cup I think are the Bs and the Flyers.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #1565
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Enjoy the Canucks. Really wonder how this series will pan out. Hawks won first two Canucks won last two. I expect an extremely physical series. Think the Sharks lucked into the easiest first round, but who knows with round two. Nobody wants the Ducks and I think Nashville is going to get blown out of the water.

The only two teams from the east that have a shot at the cup I think are the Bs and the Flyers.
Flyers desperately need Pronger back. Sounds like he will be for the playoff but their power play was abysmal without him. A rookie goaltender for them could help them or really hurt them.

Congrats Pops on the Hawks getting in! I hope Luongo chokes as he normally does in the playoffs just for you
Old 04-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #1566
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
Flyers desperately need Pronger back. Sounds like he will be for the playoff but their power play was abysmal without him. A rookie goaltender for them could help them or really hurt them.

Congrats Pops on the Hawks getting in! I hope Luongo chokes as he normally does in the playoffs just for you

Canucks are better than last season, Hawks are not as good as last season. But the Canucks have the pressure of a country on their backs, and hopefully Luongo has some doubts in his head.

I think the Wings, Sharks and Ducks will win their series. If the Hawks can pull off the upset, Hawks - Sharks rematch in Round 2.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:03 AM   #1567
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

B's habs should be fun. B's have to be physical,and skate to win, they are the better team.
When the game goes north everything changes, Montreal fans some how intimidate the officials.The habs flop all over the ice,and seem to get every call.
The power play is the one thing that can hurt us.
One thing you can be sure of it's going to be a freak show in Montreal,The RCMP will be waiting for Chara at the airport
Old 04-11-2011, 05:52 AM   #1568
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

The Montreal players flop so much that if the pads weren't different, you couldn't tell who was the goalie.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:30 AM   #1569
rebelknight
Feeling at Home

First Name: John
Trading: (1)
rebelknight will become famous soon enough

I think the sharks may have gotten the easiest first round. However the first 82 games don't mean anything now. Can't wait for Wednesday
Old 04-11-2011, 08:34 AM   #1570
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelknight View Post
I think the sharks may have gotten the easiest first round. However the first 82 games don't mean anything now. Can't wait for Wednesday
With Kopitar out for the Kings and others slumping, I would agree, Sharks should sweep.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #1571
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

So pumped to see the Bruins and Habs go at it first round!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:56 AM   #1572
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsremax View Post
So pumped to see the Bruins and Habs go at it first round!
Should be one of the best 1st round series!

Old 04-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #1573
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Should be one of the best 1st round series!
I agree.. There's obviously the whole Chara thing. Will be interesting to see if Tim Thomas keeps up in the playoffs, and if Carey Price can handle the playoffs.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #1574
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

I know the two first round series I want to see epic 7 game battles out of are Hawks Canucks, Bs Habs.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #1575
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Not used to hearing the Wings get called dirty. Lidstrom plays 25+ min a night and is one of the least penalized defensemen in the league. Not to mention 4-time Lady Bing winner (and Selke award winner) on the #1 line in Datsyuk. Maybe they get the benefit of the doubt on occasion, but with credentials like that, its going to happen.

Anyway, congrats Tom on the Hawks squeeking in. I bet that Stars/Wild game had you on the edge of your seat.

I am NOT looking forward to those damn 10:30PM starts in Phoenix.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #1576
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

I think that's the point Mike. The Wings get away with a little more because its the Wings. Its not the players its the club. You made the same argument after I commented that Dats snapped an oilers stick right of the faceoff iin front of the ref then scored the winning goal seconds later in a modified 5-4. Tired then tired niw. Some people are saying they are sick of them getting away with stuff like that. You could argue it has helped them win regular season and playoff games. The fact that someone won a lady bing(Marleau has also) should not mean $hit when its a obvious penalty. Last time I checked the rules were suppose to apply equally to all and for years certain teams routinely get away with more. Its BS and it needs to end. Hoping the Yotes series is called fairly.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #1577
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

No Lady Byng for Pavel this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nPMJAs6Xpw

Old 04-11-2011, 07:07 PM   #1578
GHC_Hambone

Such a back-asswards way for the Hawks to make the playoffs. Can't complain I guess.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:29 AM   #1579
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

Quote:
No Lady Byng for Pavel this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nPMJAs6Xpw
I'm shocked Datsuyk doesn't get owned in that matchup. Perry clearly has the reach advantage. Did that fight represent all of Datsuyk's penalty minutes this year?

As for the favoritism in the league, it happens in all leagues. I don't think it is just the Red Wings as a team. Holmstrom pretty much gets called on most of his illegal screens on goalies, and he's had to adjust. In general it is the upper echelon of players that get away with stuff in all leagues. Refs aren't perfect, and we don't know what their bosses are telling them about calling games
Old 04-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #1580
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

No argument. Also after that whole refereeing email incident its hard to argue that the hand of the league doesn't guide the refs. Especially the younger ones who want to keep their job. When your boss yells at you when you don't make a call for one team or make a call on a player it can clearly shape how you call the game.

Oooooooo and Homer doesn't do the color Guy justice. Not looking forward to those broadcast in the playoffs.
Closed Thread