http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTyCSoVnOfM
Old 03-27-2011, 05:15 AM   #1442
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: NHL '10 - '11 Thread

Went to the Bruins Yesterday Best game i have ever been to.
Took my son Lucas to his first game had a blast. Just wish he could have seen a win but it was worth it.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:09 AM   #1443
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugie View Post
Went to the Bruins Yesterday Best game i have ever been to.
Took my son Lucas to his first game had a blast. Just wish he could have seen a win but it was worth it.
Awesome, the B's did not start playing until the last period.
I hate sounding like a crybaby buy the officials were terrible and helped steal the game
Old 03-27-2011, 06:22 AM   #1444
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

From ESPN.com

Quote:
TIEBREAKER
In the event teams are tied in the standings, the following tiebreakers are applied to determine which team receives the higher seeding.

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
2. The greater number of games won (not including games won in a shootout).
3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.
4. Goal differential.
So games won not including SO wins comes before games won between the teams. Sharks have 5 SO wins while the Wings have 4.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #1445
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Ahhhhhh never looked at shoutout wins.
Guess the Sharks will just have to win it by points.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #1446
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Here is what Alexei Kovalev does to your brain when you face him in a shootout:

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #1447
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

UND vs Denver on ESPNU right now.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:49 PM   #1448
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-29-2011, 06:25 AM   #1449
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Hossa's first goal against the Wings since he left and it is the game winner in OT I have mixed feelings on Z's hooking penalty with less than a minute to go to prevent a 2 on 1. Sure it stopped them from winning in regulation but it gave the Hawks a PP to start OT. Which led to the Hossa goal.

That first period was so slow! 6 penalties and Bertuzzi gets tossed. He'll probably get suspended as he led with his elbow. Thought Bertuzzi's size played a part in Ryan Johnson getting hit in the head. Johnson's head is basically at Berts elbow Glad to see Johnson didn't get seriously hurt, and returned to the game later.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #1450
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
Hossa's first goal against the Wings since he left and it is the game winner in OT I have mixed feelings on Z's hooking penalty with less than a minute to go to prevent a 2 on 1. Sure it stopped them from winning in regulation but it gave the Hawks a PP to start OT. Which led to the Hossa goal.
But like you said, Son, it stopped them from winning in regulation. They can't "not call" a blatant penalty because overtime is looming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX
That first period was so slow! 6 penalties and Bertuzzi gets tossed. He'll probably get suspended as he led with his elbow. Thought Bertuzzi's size played a part in Ryan Johnson getting hit in the head. Johnson's head is basically at Berts elbow Glad to see Johnson didn't get seriously hurt, and returned to the game later.
I am not so sure Berschmoozi will get suspended, and I won't be angry if he is not. Dumb decision to turn and make the hit skating backward, but I don't think he meant to drill Johnson's head the way he did. I guess we have to leave it to the "experts".

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #1451
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
But like you said, Son, it stopped them from winning in regulation. They can't "not call" a blatant penalty because overtime is looming.

I am not so sure Berschmoozi will get suspended, and I won't be angry if he is not. Dumb decision to turn and make the hit skating backward, but I don't think he meant to drill Johnson's head the way he did. I guess we have to leave it to the "experts".

It was a fun game to watch even if the Wing's lost. We did get a point at least.

On the possibility of a suspension...

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....zi_wont_b.html

Quote:
DETROIT -- Todd Bertuzzi will not be suspended for his hit to the head against Chicago's Ryan Johnson on Monday, the Detroit Red Wings confirmed today.

Bertuzzi received a five-minute penalty for elbowing and was ejected from the game at 5:17 of the first period.

"I don’t think it was anything malicious,'' Johnson said. "He was very apologetic, came walking right in here and said ‘Sorry’ as soon as it happened.''
I know Bert doesn't have a great reputation. All I can say is since he's been in Detroit, I haven't seen him do anything to intentionally hurt someone; aka no cheapshots. I'm not saying 100% for certain, but in the many games I've seen, he's been a model citizen.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #1452
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

Quote:

If it came off like I was saying they shouldn't have called it, I wasn't saying that. I was saying if he should have taken the penalty. I suppose it was the "smart" play to prevent the 2 on 1.

I'm glad Bert's not getting a suspension. Definitely not a smart a play.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #1453
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I heard Bertuzzi went to the Blackhawks' locker room after the game and apologized to Johnson. Class move.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #1454
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

Quote:
I heard Bertuzzi went to the Blackhawks' locker room after the game and apologized to Johnson. Class move.
I think he has learned some things over the years
Old 03-29-2011, 04:53 PM   #1455
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
I think he has learned some things over the years
You would hope so, he had a lot to live down. He gained some measure of respect in my eyes post-game last night.

Hoping the Hawks catch the Bruins a bit contented after the B's clinched a playoff spot last game, but they are a good team and matching the defending champs. I think if the Hawks can survive the 2st period down 1 goal or less, they will have a good shot at 2 points.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:58 PM   #1456
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
Here is what Alexei Kovalev does to your brain when you face him in a shootout:
Clemmensen has let quite a few get by in shootouts lately
Old 03-29-2011, 08:12 PM   #1457
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

B's getting in the playoff mode, Timmy pitches his 9th shutout
Old 03-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #1458
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Yup, the B's caught a tired Hawks team, and dominated them. Not a good night for a Hawks fan.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:29 AM   #1459
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Yup, the B's caught a tired Hawks team, and dominated them. Not a good night for a Hawks fan.
Its nice for a Bruins fan to have a good night against an Original 6 team once in a while.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #1460
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
Its nice for a Bruins fan to have a good night against an Original 6 team once in a while.
Thanks Paul....next time please just give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice in it.

Closed Thread