Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:54 AM   #1361
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NHL '08- '09 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
after this series I will no longer accept "ovi is the best player" comments. He's a cheap shot artist, he's out to hurt people, he's a cherry picker, and he's a no class dirty player. He is a tremendous goal scorer, he is not a two way player. Give me Sid, give me Malkin, give me Stall, give me the caps goalie whose name I will not even try and spell, give me havlat. you can keep ovi
As a Wing's fan, but probably even if I wasn't, I'll take Datsyuk. He's only nominated for 4 awards, although most don't realize he really does deserve consideration for the Hart. His stats don't lie: he leads the high powered Wings in scoring for multiple years in a row, is easily the Wing's best offensive penalty killer, leads the league in take-aways by a 2-1 margin multiple years in a row, won the Lady-Bing 3 years in a row, and should have won the Selke multiple years in a row. He's pretty much the best player on the best team yet he gets no legitimate consideration for the Hart; at least this year he was nominated.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #1362
ahc4353

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Hmmmmm....who could that be describing?
Oh I wonder?

Old 05-12-2009, 09:56 AM   #1363
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassjapan View Post
Not sure which player you're watching. I see him backchecking, forechecking, and for the most part working his butt off. Except for the times, and they can be a lot sometimes, when he stays on the ice too long. I like star players that will smash you in the mouth. Take their hits and dish them out. "Dirty" to me is stickwork. Dirty is jumping the opposing centerman and sneaking him when he doesn't know it's coming. Dirty is getting in the scrum and punching a guy in the sack when his back is to you. Can't stand soft players that stay in the refs ear. But that's just me...
I am not partial to either team. I am also way more of an Ovi fan then Sid fan. That is speaking as a fan of the game and the goals and electrifying manner in which he plays. He trully is often a human highlight reel. Sid is also a friggin cry baby at times.

That as the context, I dont know too many persons who dont think that Ovi routinely gets away with charging and leaving his feet and throwing elbows/forearms to the head. He is a dirty hitter plain and simple. We are not talking Steve Downie on Dean McAmmond dirty hit, but he does regularly give dirty hits. The thing about is that he is big and strong and can take a hit also. He is also pretty good about watching for hits so he rarely gets caught. Eventually someone is going to smoke him though. He not only gets away with it from the refs, but also the opposing team often.

Having played against a few guys who use there sticks in a dirty manner I will say while its annoying and may bruise and piss you off, its usually more of an irritant. Dirty hitters are much more dangerous. I have seen guys get slufooted in rec league and need surgery. Dirty hitters are way worse and more dangerous then guys who use there sticks like Bi*ches
As to the diving complaints. Its the friggin playoffs and a super close series.

Last edited by Ahbroody; 05-12-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #1364
jamesb3

let's go red wings!!!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #1365
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb3 View Post
let's go red wings!!!!!
Agreed, hockey should not be played in warm weather climates.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #1366
jamesb3

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
Agreed, hockey should not be played in warm weather climates.
An Original Six final would be okay with me.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #1367
taltos
Really, really old

taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
An Original Six final would be okay with me.
I told Tom before the playoffs started that I would love to see the B's and Hawks. Both teams are overdue for a cup and it would be great for hockey. The Wings would be a great series also.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #1368
jamesb3

Wings Back to Back would be good in my book!

Old 05-12-2009, 06:44 PM   #1369
taltos
Really, really old

Quote:
Wings Back to Back would be good in my book!
I'm sure.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #1370
jamesb3

Congrats to your Bruins Paul, forced a big game seven. Should be a great game.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #1371
taltos
Really, really old

There will be a game 7 between the Bruins and the Canes.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #1372
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

The Bruins are back on track, the Garden will be rocking
Old 05-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #1373
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Getting ready for the Red Wings series win!!
Old 05-12-2009, 08:10 PM   #1374
ahc4353

The Quiznos commercial is disturbing.

Congrats Paul. Sorry Joe. Game 7 should be one heck of a hockey game.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #1375
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
you mean you found it funny that a playoff game was dominated by home town fans and thus there was a lack of celebration for an visiting player?
I think she was more commenting on how it was funny crosby cried about all the hats and then he got one pity hat thrown out for him, not that the home team guy got more.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-12-2009, 08:47 PM   #1376
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

No score after the 1st period.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #1377
jamesb3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Getting ready for the Red Wings series win!!
Let's not jump the gun Ryan. 0-0 after 1st period. Wings need to step up and match the Ducks intensity. Need to get more pressure on Hiller, been to easy for him so far. That said, let's go Wings!

Damn I love hockey!

Old 05-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #1378
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

I had to shut down my IE and now the feed won't load.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #1379
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Now that was a game. I got to say I like the Bs chances. Last game 4-0 this game 4-2 but they really carried the play from the puck drop. Looked a lot like game 1. If they come out like this in game 7 they could pull it out. I think they got momentum for sure.

Anyone just here them playing drop kick murphys on the speakers at the ducks game? Little heading up to Boston. Now that was funny.
Hiller is looking STRONG right now. If he keeps it up he may steal this one.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #1380
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

2-0 Ducks.

The Ducks defiantely have the intensity in this game. The Wings really need to step it up.
Closed Thread