Old 03-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #1361
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '09 - '10 Thread

Is the Ovie a heel curve or a toe curve, Mike?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #1362
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Tom, all the best wishes for your Hawks. After last night and the lack of showing any heart, it would be best for the Bruins to miss the playoffs and benefit from the draft. I will be cheering for you guys.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #1363
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

I'm done with the Bruins for this year,I been a fan for (gulp) 50 years and this is the most heartless, gutless group of players to every put on the sweater.
Heads must roll, there is a reason Lou Amerillo fired Claude Julien after he got the team into the playoffs?
Old 03-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #1364
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
Tom, all the best wishes for your Hawks. After last night and the lack of showing any heart, it would be best for the Bruins to miss the playoffs and benefit from the draft. I will be cheering for you guys.
I was sorry to see the B's lose yesterday, Paul, I was hoping that not only Cooke, but the whole team would get a beatdown.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #1365
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I was sorry to see the B's lose yesterday, Paul, I was hoping that not only Cooke, but the whole team would get a beatdown.
Tom, I just wanted to see the team play with some heart for a change and my distant hope was to see Crosby taken out for as long as Savard is out. I am almost 60 and I remember the code that if your best player is taken out, they lose their best player. Also look for a pm from me that is several months overdue. Paul
Old 03-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #1366
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Is the Ovie a heel curve or a toe curve, Mike?
heel guess its like an easton drury. Fun curve super easy to roof. Bauer kind of like Stall I guess
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/ccm-vect...-patterns.html

Was sorry to see the B's go down last night. I expected more then one person to fight Cooke or someone to hunt him. Things are no better here in Shark country the team is mailing it in.

Last edited by Ahbroody; 03-19-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:13 PM   #1367
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
Tom, I just wanted to see the team play with some heart for a change and my distant hope was to see Crosby taken out for as long as Savard is out. I am almost 60 and I remember the code that if your best player is taken out, they lose their best player. Also look for a pm from me that is several months overdue. Paul
The code is sadly eroded, and I think that accounts in part for a lot of the lack of respect players are showing to each other these days, Paul.

Last second comebacks tonight for Anaheim and Detroit (to take one point and keep 8th place over Calgary). Sharks lost their 5th in a row on the road, both they and the Hawks need to do some serious regrouping before Mid-Aprii.

And no goal for Berschmoozi.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:15 PM   #1368
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
heel guess its like an easton drury. Fun curve super easy to roof. Bauer kind of like Stall I guess
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/ccm-vect...-patterns.html
I have been partial to the Coffey curve for many years, on the old wood (Sherwood PMP) sticks I finally had to special order and buy a dozen at a time. They are still making it for the composite sticks that I use now, it must be popular since Coff has been retired for almost 10 years.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:43 PM   #1369
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Good news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN.com
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook returned to the ice Friday, two days after a vicious hit knocked him out of a game against the Anaheim Ducks.

Seabrook, who missed Thursday's game against the Los Angeles Kings, said he's feeling better and could play Saturday night against the Phoenix Coyotes. But coach Joel Quenneville said he'll decide on Saturday.

Ducks defenseman James Wisniewski was suspended eight games for the hit in the second period. Seabrook understands Wisniewski likely was retaliating for Seabrook's earlier hit on Ducks winger Corey Perry.

"I don't know why he couldn't have done it a different way," Seabrook said. "The hit I made on Perry warrants a fight or guys run me a little bit out there, but I think there's a better way to do it."

Seabrook said he watched "quite a few replays" of the hit, and doctors told him he likely blacked out.

The incident obviously strained a friendship. Wisniewski, a former Blackhawk, is getting married and verbally invited Seabrook to the wedding. When asked Friday if he'll attend, Seabrook first said, 'No,' but he added, "we'll see."

"He called me and left me a message," Seabrook said. "It was nice of him, but I'm just going to take some time and figure it out from there.

"I'm pretty [ticked] off right now," he added. "But time will tell. Time will heal, and we'll see down the line."

Old 03-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #1370
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

phone post fail

Last edited by Ahbroody; 03-20-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:43 PM   #1371
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
I have been partial to the Coffey curve for many years, on the old wood (Sherwood PMP) sticks I finally had to special order and buy a dozen at a time. They are still making it for the composite sticks that I use now, it must be popular since Coff has been retired for almost 10 years.
think I may try out a sher-wood as they are producing the curve in a composite.
was reading on modsquad and hf many think the coffey is the best curve ever made, I guess the bigger makers produce similar curves but not quiet exact. . The swood is cheap at the monkey so I may just grab one. I left a stick at the rink the other day and lets just say it hurt when I realized.

sharks are brutual right now. Tom your hawks need to bail out the sharks tonight and beat the yotes.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #1372
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:

sharks are brutual right now. Tom your hawks need to bail out the sharks tonight and beat the yotes.
Not only did that not happen, but Berschmoozi broke his 20 game goal drought in the Wings - Canucks game. Stupid sexy Berschmoozi.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #1373
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

One more loss and the Sharks will likely drop to 4th. Only savings grace is they are playing Edmonton next. Then they play the Kings in the Playoffs at #5 who have had their number all season long. Que early playoff exit yet again and implosion of team. Last game of the season is against the Yotes. Wonder how that will play out as to playoff position.

Friggin clownshoes gets a goal finally. 20 games? seriously why did he bother. 20 freaking games he couldnt help me out.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:35 AM   #1374
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Konopka establishing himself as the new heavyweight in the league
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PELuY...BBc&playnext=3

Likely the longest fight of the season Janssen vs Leblond Solid fight by 2 very good fighters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyUPg...u8I&playnext=3
Old 03-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #1375
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Likely the longest fight of the season Janssen vs Leblond Solid fight by 2 very good fighters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyUPg...u8I&playnext=3
Great scrap!

Old 03-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #1376
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Wow Grapes was on fire last night.

Calls out the league for not suspending Cooke for the hit on Savard and shows the rule book, Calls Cooke a Coward, shows and discusses the code of fighting showing Iginla and Ovechkin honoring the code.

kind of Defends Ovie on the campbell hit but says suspension warranted, dont totally agree but never thought the day would come.

Tears Weisnewski up,and more

Epic Grapes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PodKv7kC0AQ&NR=1
Old 03-21-2010, 07:51 PM   #1377
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Excellent Grapes...it that in 3-D?

Wassup with your Sharks, Mike? Nabby is brutal.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #1378
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Sharks fall to 4th place, at least for tonight.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #1379
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

From what I see with the Sharks Pavelski is one of the only guys on the team selling out right now every night.

Thorton gift wrapped the first goal by turning over the puck at the red line to Pasani. Basically Pasani just took the puck from him and no one was back. The second goal no one even touched Penner till he was in the crease. They showed the play from the back. Malhotra literaly stopped skating after Penner and no one bothered to pick him up. Why Malholtra decided to just not bother is beyond me.

horrible defense, horrible passing, one or two players giving all the rest just coasting. The Yotes deserve the spot. The only thing I am wondering is it seems like the Sharks of last year. They might be peaking to soon. Its hard to stay hot for a long time. They have won 9 straight. Or are the Sharks trying to duck the Wings and hide in the middle of the pack? I doubt that. They are just horrible right now. Nabby? yeah he got exposed in the Olympics and it looks like everyone knows how to beat him now. I really think that everyone figured him out based on the olympics. He is getting worked harder then the village bicycle these days. Everyone is taking turns.

decent video showing downies really dirty play on sid and some of Ovechkins dirty plays over the past 2 years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHW-4...eature=related
Old 03-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #1380
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

The Coyotes are on fire...Hawks get them again this week, this time in Chicago. Hopefully Seabrook is back and the Hawks can end their win steak.

Closed Thread