Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '09 - '10 Thread

FRom ESPN.com:

Quote:
Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brian Campbell's season could be over due to a broken clavicle and ribs suffered in Sunday's contest against the Washington Capitals, according to league sources.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-15-2010, 12:26 AM   #1322
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
Watching the Flyers/Rangers game. All I'll say at this point is Avery is a douchebag.
Hey... hey... easy now. You owe douchebags everywhere an apology.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #1323
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
My biggest fear was the Olympic break would thwart the momentum they built before the break. At 3-4 since the break, my fears have been realized.
The Sharks have also been less then stellar at times since the break. Nabokov pisses me off. It seems like he doesnt play with desire all the time. Also this trade for Wallin trade is seeming like it may be the third year in a row a deadline trade is not going to help the team and hurt cheimstry. If the playoffs started today they are ripe for another upset. I hope they get it figured out in the next few weeks.

Watched the hit/push on Campbell, it was dirty and dangerous, but I think Ovi didnt think that would be the result. Similar plays to that happen a few times a day it seems, but the player is usually closer to the boards and the forward will take him in to the boards, not push him at an odd angle. He will get some days for that. Well maybe not though if cooke can headshot whats the difference. Ovi had less intent to injure here then Cooke, and he isnt as dirty of a player. Kind of wonder how the league will play this after letting Cooke walk on a headshot

Last edited by Ahbroody; 03-15-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #1324
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
The Sharks have also been less then stellar at times since the break. Nabokov pisses me off. It seems like he doesnt play with desire all the time. Also this trade for Wallin trade is seeming like it may be the third year in a row a deadline trade is not going to help the team and hurt cheimstry. If the playoffs started today they are ripe for another upset. I hope they get it figured out in the next few weeks.
Glad to see we agree on something
Old 03-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #1325
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I don't think Ovie had intent to injure Campbell, but as anyone who plays the game can tell you, there ain't muich dirtier play you can make than giving someone a shove in the back 3-4 feet away from the boards. I have literally broken a couple noses of people who have done that to me over the years.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #1326
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Agreed Tom. The issue was the distance from the boards. If he is a few feet closer the injury does not occur and its a non issue. The league gave him 2 games. This is frustrating to me as Cooke who knew he was going to hurt Savard got nothing.

As for you Christos if you werent such a Wings homer I could take your input more seriously. I am always willing to admit the issues with my team as I am a fan of the game above anything else and a Sharks fan second. Last season the analysist all said Detroit was going to be a much different team because of age issues and depth. That is exactly what happened. Your captain is 39 and many of your core players are over 35. I dont think next season will be dramatically different unless the Redwings get a facelift.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #1327
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Ovie gets two games, and Campbell is out for the season. Justice?

Old 03-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #1328
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Agreed Tom. The issue was the distance from the boards. If he is a few feet closer the injury does not occur and its a non issue. The league gave him 2 games. This is frustrating to me as Cooke who knew he was going to hurt Savard got nothing.

As for you Christos if you werent such a Wings homer I could take your input more seriously. I am always willing to admit the issues with my team as I am a fan of the game above anything else and a Sharks fan second. Last season the analysist all said Detroit was going to be a much different team because of age issues and depth. That is exactly what happened. Your captain is 39 and many of your core players are over 35. I dont think next season will be dramatically different unless the Redwings get a facelift.
You can't disagree that the Wings will be a dangerous team to face in the 1st round. Sharks have more talent than the Wings but year after year in the playoffs we see that doesn't always equal a Stanley Cup. We are going to need some younger players to step up on Defense. However, our forwards and centers other than Draper, Bertuzzi and Holmstrom are all under 35 years old. So while I see your point, I don't see where we need the major facelift.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #1329
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Hey... hey... easy now. You owe douchebags everywhere an apology.
You are right, but I had to temper my true thoughts!

I apologize to all douchebags!

How about Avery is a punka$$?
Old 03-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #1330
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
You can't disagree that the Wings will be a dangerous team to face in the 1st round. Sharks have more talent than the Wings but year after year in the playoffs we see that doesn't always equal a Stanley Cup. We are going to need some younger players to step up on Defense. However, our forwards and centers other than Draper, Bertuzzi and Holmstrom are all under 35 years old. So while I see your point, I don't see where we need the major facelift.
I would never count out the Wings in the playoffs. Depth and experience can be huge.....if they don't run into a highly physical team that will wear them down. The issue will be your caotain will be 40 next year and a lot of the guys with the experience will be upper 30s. The injuries experienced this year will likely occur on some level again.

The wings will be scarry in the playoffs provided they keep winning and get the help they need from the other teams. Like I have been saying for months no better then a 7 seed likely the 8 so the wings will see the hawks or the sharks first
Old 03-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #1331
kazzaca

Quote:
I don't think Ovie had intent to injure Campbell, but as anyone who plays the game can tell you, there ain't muich dirtier play you can make than giving someone a shove in the back 3-4 feet away from the boards. I have literally broken a couple noses of people who have done that to me over the years.
Hey guys, I'm new here and wanted to get in on the discussion.

I totally agree with you, I don't think Ovie is a dirty player but he's very wreckless. He throws dangerous hits way too often and the hit on Campbell was just a bone-headed play. You can break someone's neck doing that.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #1332
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

Holmstrom does his job in front of the net, deflecting a Franzen shot to get the game winner against the Flames!!

The pace and intensity of this game was much like a playoff game. With both teams fighting for a playoff spot it was expected. Both teams played great and the goaltending was outstanding. Jimmy Howard worked very hard and didn't give up rebounds which made the difference in the game.

Thanks to the great scheduling in the NHL, Wings are off until Friday to play a back to back. Why give a team 3 days off then make them play 2 in a row?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-15-2010, 11:31 PM   #1333
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzaca View Post
Hey guys, I'm new here and wanted to get in on the discussion.

I totally agree with you, I don't think Ovie is a dirty player but he's very wreckless. He throws dangerous hits way too often and the hit on Campbell was just a bone-headed play. You can break someone's neck doing that.
I have seen Ovechkin throw the knee out on a couple guys this season, so I am not convinced he isn't a dirty player, at least at times. Karma can be a biatch.

Big goal for Holmstrom tonight, big big win for the Wings. The way the Hawks are playing, they could easily drop to the 3rd seed and miss the Wings in Round One.

Mike, Berschmoozi needs 10 goals in 14 games...I don't see it happenin'.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #1334
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

P.S....Good news for DirecTV subscribers like me!!

Quote:
PHILADELPHIA -- DirecTV and Versus have reached a deal after more than six months to return the sports network to the satellite television service.

DirecTV dropped Versus after their contract concluded at the end of August and the two sides were not able to reach an agreement. They said Monday that Versus will be available as part of the same packages as before.

Versus' offerings include the NHL playoffs, which begin next month.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:46 AM   #1335
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
I have seen Ovechkin throw the knee out on a couple guys this season, so I am not convinced he isn't a dirty player, at least at times. Karma can be a biatch.

Big goal for Holmstrom tonight, big big win for the Wings. The way the Hawks are playing, they could easily drop to the 3rd seed and miss the Wings in Round One.

Mike, Berschmoozi needs 10 goals in 14 games...I don't see it happenin'.
Agreed Ovi pulls some shet every so often. Hes been known to slufoot as well. Still waiting for the day someone blows his ass up with an open ice hit ala Campbell vs Umberger. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Gvfr9GUC0 nice "Buddy Fock pass" Maybe we will see Campbell vs Ovi hit one day. Ovi laying on the ice with the lights on but no one home. The issue seems he always has his head up and is looking for the hit. He is so good with the puck he is almost never seen looking down. Also hes a big body. Hope you dont mind Tom but I bought the little man two of these and all they had was the Ovi curve. Couldnt pass at that price. http://www.hockeymonkey.com/ccm-hock...-grip-yth.html

Speeking of suspect hits. Boston fans I hope you dont agree with this. I have seen people get broken legs and other injuries from moves like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gleQ8aimJ4o
Seidenberg rocks Tblades WTD? I tried those things for 3 months. Loud and the edge just never feels right.

The Hawks are not droping to third Tom and I am determining what sticks to send you. Friggin Clown Shoes screwed me.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:11 PM   #1336
romwarrior
Feeling at Home

First Name: Brett
Trading: (19)
Cohiba
romwarrior is on a distinguished road

Quote:
P.S....Good news for DirecTV subscribers like me!!
Phew! Just in time for the playoffs. Don't need it much during the regular season, but I was starting to get nervous for the playoffs.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #1337
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Zamboni falling through pond. No Bueno.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq-J2nVpUqo

Or yeah just go ahead and put that anywhere
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz1V3mNAvS0&NR=1
Old 03-17-2010, 08:04 AM   #1338
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Please with an Avs win.....

VERY PLEASED to have Versus back on DirecTV. Not only for the NHL, but the Tour de France....yes, I admit it....I Tivo every stage.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:45 PM   #1339
GHC_Hambone

Couldn't get the Hawks game on TV, but saw the hit on Seabrook. Scary how his eyes rolled back and he just collapsed.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #1340
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHC_Hambone View Post
Couldn't get the Hawks game on TV, but saw the hit on Seabrook. Scary how his eyes rolled back and he just collapsed.
Wiz is a complete piece of sh!t. Seabrook will probably be concussed from that cheap shot, and the Hawks will be down 3 of their top 5 D-men. Wiz needs a lengthy sit-down for that play. And Dustin Byfuglien stood around after the play and let Ducan Keith fight Wiz. What a freaking pu$$y.

Closed Thread