Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 11:03 PM   #1301
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of
Default Re: NHL '09 - '10 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Cool Joe!

Did you see Andrew Ladd had his first career hat trick the other night?
How cool! So glad Ladd's career has been good in Chicago. Fine young player.

I lamented losing such a promising young player... but the 'Canes have gotten significantly younger this season. Lots of draft picks next year too - after trades. I am a hopeful fan.

Another win for our young goalie, Justin Peters. 4 and 1 for his young career. When Cam Ward comes back healthy we will be awfully strong in the net. No slight to Legace... he has played well in Cam's absence as well.

Feel like a Cubs fan... "Wait until next year!"
Old 03-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #1302
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
How cool! So glad Ladd's career has been good in Chicago. Fine young player.

I lamented losing such a promising young player... but the 'Canes have gotten significantly younger this season. Lots of draft picks next year too - after trades. I am a hopeful fan.

Another win for our young goalie, Justin Peters. 4 and 1 for his young career. When Cam Ward comes back healthy we will be awfully strong in the net. No slight to Legace... he has played well in Cam's absence as well.

Feel like a Cubs fan... "Wait until next year!"
Sounds promising, Joe!

I am hoping "next year" is this year for the Hawks.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #1303
South Shield
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Travis
Trading: (0)
South Shield will become famous soon enough

Amazing Sharks game tonight. 6 goals in the 3rd period to come from behind against Nashville.

Pavelski's spineramma tonight was awesome..
Old 03-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #1304
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Shield View Post
Pavelski's spineramma tonight was awesome..

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #1305
South Shield
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Travis
Trading: (0)
South Shield will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The Shark tank started chanting U S A U S A after his goal.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:22 AM   #1306
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Shield View Post
The Shark tank started chanting U S A U S A after his goal.
Had to leave before the very end. Little man is sick and ran out of gas with a few minutes left.

As to the Pavelski goal, yeah it was uhhhhhhh suprising! He damn sure aint going to be mistaken for soupy. I think it went in because he fell down actually. I dont get into all the USA chanting, but it does make you proud. Pavelski is working with a female at the rink on his edges this season, I guess you could say it has paid off.. I wonder if she would work with a 4yr old

Highlights from tonight for the Sharks.
1) Sharks tie a team record set in 1996 scoring 6 goals in 1 period
2) Marleau hits 40 goals
3) First time in NHL history a team has trailed after 2 in three consecutive games to come back and win all three.
4) Nabby is now tied for 28th all time for wins as a NHL goalie.
5) They jumbled the lines tonight in the 3rd and you could say it worked. Putting Marleau and Mitchell on the same line appears to have worked. Mitchell is the only guy who can keep up with Patty as to speed.
Watch how Mitchell just explodes up ice.
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...20092010,2,999
6) The Sharks showed why they are a potential cup winner this year. They overcame a horrid first 2 periods showing great depth and skill to pull out a win in regulation.

Tom I look forward to seeing the Hawks in the finals. I like our goal tending more, but your D more. Forwards are kind of a wash to me. Both teams are very deep and built to win right now.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:24 AM   #1307
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you to the Sharks for beating Nashville. Ties them with Calgary at 77 points. Wings beat Minesota 5-1 keeping them 1 point behind Nashville and Calgary. Zetterburg was very busy last night and it proved to help tremendously.

1 more game against Calgary on Tuesday, and 2 more against Nashville.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:34 AM   #1308
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

Fired up Bruins beat the Bag outa' philly. 5-1
If this intensity Keeps up to bad they had to have what happened to Savard to get them fired up.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:06 PM   #1309
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Sharks and Hawks both go down today although the Sharks grab a point by making it to OT.

Sad day today I passed on cigars to buy hockey gear for the kid.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:16 PM   #1310
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Sharks and Hawks both go down today although the Sharks grab a point by making it to OT.

Sad day today I passed on cigars to buy hockey gear for the kid.
You're a good Dad, Mike.

Hawks loss was a joke, no excuse for any of the 3 goals...Seabrook on the first, Sopel on the second, and the entire forward line on the third. Huet deserved to win, but his team let him down.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #1311
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Wings needed 30seconds of OT to beat Nashville. Puts us 1 point ahead of Calgary and 1 back of Nashville.

Calgary plays Vancouver. Go Canucks!

Nashville plays L.A. Go Kings!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #1312
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quite the crazy finish in the Flyers game yesterday....I agree Tom, Huet played well enough for the win, but it seemed the Flyers really picked it up a step after Hartnell got his first goal in...forever (think it was January). I don't think it was any coincidence he started the rush for the game winner. Crazy game.

I'm interested to see the start of the Flyers Rangers game today. Carcillo fought Gaborik last time they met (IMO - the fight was instigated (not in terms of a penalty) by Gaborik but the NYR cried afterward that Carcillo fought him. What was he supposed to do, stand there and get punched? Anyway, if Avery plays today I think the game could be very interesting to say the least.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:45 PM   #1313
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Man, I am starting to really like hockey. I am watching the Capitals game right now. Can someone explain to me why my favorite player (Ovechkin) was thrown out of the game? I thought checking was legal? It happens every game.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #1314
Prefy
Connoisseur of Pucks

First Name: Matt
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Prefy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Man, I am starting to really like hockey. I am watching the Capitals game right now. Can someone explain to me why my favorite player (Ovechkin) was thrown out of the game? I thought checking was legal? It happens every game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Boarding in ice hockey is a penalty called when an offending player violently pushes or checks an opposing player into the boards of the hockey rink, when the player is facing the board.
The referee used his discretion and decided that the nature of the hit deserved a major penalty. When a major for boarding is called it is accompanied by a game misconduct (expulsion from the game). Therefore Ovechkin's game was over early.

I saw the replay and not sure weather or not the hit deserved a major, as it looked like a combination of Ovechkin's push and Campbell falling. That being said Ovechkin is building up a history of questionable boards. In general I like the fact that the ref sided with Campbell because in that circumstance he was in a very vulnerable position.

I hurt my knee pretty bad when I was 16 from a questionable hit in the same situation.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:17 PM   #1315
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefy View Post
The referee used his discretion and decided that the nature of the hit deserved a major penalty. When a major for boarding is called it is accompanied by a game misconduct (expulsion from the game). Therefore Ovechkin's game was over early.

I saw the replay and not sure weather or not the hit deserved a major, as it looked like a combination of Ovechkin's push and Campbell falling. That being said Ovechkin is building up a history of questionable boards. In general I like the fact that the ref sided with Campbell because in that circumstance he was in a very vulnerable position.

I hurt my knee pretty bad when I was 16 from a questionable hit in the same situation.
Thanks for the explanation.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #1316
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

As a player, I will say that Ovechkin's push was dirty...you know as a player a guy can't protect himself from behind close to the boards, and injuries often result...even Alex knew he was wrong.

Didn't matter though, the Hawks managed to **** their pants a second day in a row.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #1317
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Watching the Flyers/Rangers game. All I'll say at this point is Avery is a douchebag.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:49 PM   #1318
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

I believe this will result in Ovechkins second or third suspension of the season.
I love his abilities, but he does play dirty at times and it is very sad.
Lets see what the Sharks do tonight against the Ducks.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:00 PM   #1319
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

Definitely looked like a dirty hit Couldn't believe the Hawks lost that game though..
Old 03-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #1320
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
Definitely looked like a dirty hit Couldn't believe the Hawks lost that game though..
My biggest fear was the Olympic break would thwart the momentum they built before the break. At 3-4 since the break, my fears have been realized.

Closed Thread