Old 03-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #1281
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '09 - '10 Thread

O.T win for the Hawks tonight against L.A.....Patrick Sharp's second goal of the game was the game winner.

Adam Burish's first game back after missing the first 64 tonight. 10 seconds into his first shift, he sets up Sharp's 1st goal....a few seconds later, he fights....ended up only a goal short of the GHHT.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #1282
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
I still don't agree with this statement. They still have great depth, but they haven't been healthy and they aren't playing well together right now. They need to get their heads into the full 60 minutes of a game and then you'll realize, salary cap or no salary cap Red Wings are still a very good team.
We will disagree.

As I said last time we had this discussion, deep teams still win when players get injured as other players step up. That didnt happen. There is no point in me linking stats pages they are easily found. As a side note I believe the Wings are healthy so I suppose we will see a much improved effort. As others have said they likely will make the playoffs, but as I also pointed out a few months ago to you it will be a 7 or 8 seed no higher. I still believe there is a possibility they will miss it also. It really comes down to a few factors.

I know one thing my other team the Leafs should be getting the #1 pick in the draft. Woooot!

OOO nice win in OT by the Hawks. LA gave the puck away 2x on bad passes which resulted in goals in under 5 seconds. That was fugly.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:12 PM   #1283
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
OOO nice win in OT by the Hawks. LA gave the puck away 2x on bad passes which resulted in goals in under 5 seconds. That was fugly.
Winning fugly works for me.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:11 AM   #1284
romwarrior
Feeling at Home

First Name: Brett
Trading: (19)
Cohiba
romwarrior is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
O.T win for the Hawks tonight against L.A.....Patrick Sharp's second goal of the game was the game winner.
Heart breaker! Horrible giveaway by Richardson in the neutral zone in OT. What was he thinking?

Congrats, Tom...
Old 03-11-2010, 12:16 AM   #1285
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by romwarrior View Post
Heart breaker! Horrible giveaway by Richardson in the neutral zone in OT. What was he thinking?

Congrats, Tom...
Looks like the Kings are still a lock for the playoffs, maybe they shall meet again, Brett?

Old 03-11-2010, 12:23 AM   #1286
romwarrior
Feeling at Home

Cohiba

Quote:
maybe they shall meet again, Brett?
The Hawks scare me too much, but I'll take any playoff match up I can get.

One more post for 15,000, Tom!
Old 03-11-2010, 01:01 AM   #1287
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by romwarrior View Post
The Hawks scare me too much, but I'll take any playoff match up I can get.

One more post for 15,000, Tom!
The Kings are definetly one of the teams I have worries about as a Sharks fan. You guys took the season series and always get up for any of the games. I little nastiness was brewing last time and the Kings are definetly playing god hockey. I dont even want to think about another Sharks implosion this year.

Shelley trying to get ice time in the NY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzhvbRoNC0Q
Old 03-11-2010, 03:42 AM   #1288
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
We will disagree.

As I said last time we had this discussion, deep teams still win when players get injured as other players step up. That didnt happen. There is no point in me linking stats pages they are easily found. As a side note I believe the Wings are healthy so I suppose we will see a much improved effort. As others have said they likely will make the playoffs, but as I also pointed out a few months ago to you it will be a 7 or 8 seed no higher. I still believe there is a possibility they will miss it also. It really comes down to a few factors.

I know one thing my other team the Leafs should be getting the #1 pick in the draft. Woooot!

Here's the thing with deep teams losing players to injury and still winning. They had 7-8 players out at 1 time. I cannot find any NHL team that can have that many players out and still win on a consistent level. All while having a rookie goalie playing.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:26 AM   #1289
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldanders View Post
No suspension for Matt Cooke.I guess head shots are legal in the NHL for the rest of this year.
Might be time for Crosby to have his head on a swivel for the rematch next week. If the Bruins follow the old-time code, their best player, not Cooke will be the target and this genius of a Commissioner has given them free reign to get even. It might be a good idea for the Pitt coach to hold Crosby out of the game.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #1290
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
Might be time for Crosby to have his head on a swivel for the rematch next week. If the Bruins follow the old-time code, their best player, not Cooke will be the target and this genius of a Commissioner has given them free reign to get even. It might be a good idea for the Pitt coach to hold Crosby out of the game.
Did I mention I am going to this game? I can't wait to see what goes down. I do not wish for anyone to get hurt, but I do expect fights and a lot of action this game.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:16 PM   #1291
taltos
Really, really old

taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsremax View Post
Did I mention I am going to this game? I can't wait to see what goes down. I do not wish for anyone to get hurt, but I do expect fights and a lot of action this game.
I want their best player(s) out for as long as Savard will be out and I will add in the time that Bergeron lost to cheap shots a couple of years ago. It is time that if you take one of my eyes, I take both of yours. Too bad that this team does not have the guts to do it. Milbury called them pussies before the Toronto game.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #1292
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
I want their best player(s) out for as long as Savard will be out and I will add in the time that Bergeron lost to cheap shots a couple of years ago. It is time that if you take one of my eyes, I take both of yours. Too bad that this team does not have the guts to do it. Milbury called them pussies before the Toronto game.
I agree....Lucic hasn't been throwing his weight around as much. I hope Thornton steps up to the plate. Should be an entertaining game and possibly an even better post-game to anyone wearing a Pens jersey
Old 03-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #1293
taltos
Really, really old

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsremax View Post
I agree....Lucic hasn't been throwing his weight around as much. I hope Thornton steps up to the plate. Should be an entertaining game and possibly an even better post-game to anyone wearing a Pens jersey
Lucic has been hurt for most of the year and currently has a broken nose. Others are more than able to fight and should leave Pitt blood on the ice.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #1294
romwarrior
Feeling at Home

Cohiba

Quote:
The Kings are definetly one of the teams I have worries about as a Sharks fan. You guys took the season series and always get up for any of the games. I little nastiness was brewing last time and the Kings are definetly playing god hockey. I dont even want to think about another Sharks implosion this year.
Yeah, it's a credit to the NHL when I can honestly say that there is no such thing as an easy first round match up. I think the Kings could beat or be beaten by any potential first round opponent. But with 16 games to go and only a 9-point cushion, I am still focused on just getting to the show.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #1295
baldanders
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jim
Trading: (4)
Partagas
baldanders is on a distinguished road

Good to see somes signs of life in the Bruins tonight
Old 03-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #1296
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

at the Sharks game with my son. The Sharks look horrid tinight how the score is only 4 to 2 Nash is a mystery.The D is flat and getting picked apart. Passes to nobody turnovers left and right. It's going to take a huge break for them to even steal 1 point
Old 03-11-2010, 10:27 PM   #1297
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
at the Sharks game with my son. The Sharks look horrid tinight how the score is only 4 to 2 Nash is a mystery.The D is flat and getting picked apart. Passes to nobody turnovers left and right. It's going to take a huge break for them to even steal 1 point
Nabby is pissin' me off.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:32 PM   #1298
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Nabby is pissin' me off.
Caught me funny... laughed out loud at this line.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #1299
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Hurricanes won tonight... beat Crosby and the Pens in OT.

They can't possibly make the playoffs... but I love the grit and "never say die" attitude. Proud to be a Caniac!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:37 PM   #1300
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Hurricanes won tonight... beat Crosby and the Pens in OT.

They can't possibly make the playoffs... but I love the grit and "never say die" attitude. Proud to be a Caniac!
Cool Joe!

Did you see Andrew Ladd had his first career hat trick the other night?

Closed Thread