Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 04-09-2011, 12:54 AM   #1281
backwoods357
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jorgen
Trading: (14)
backwoods357 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Losing Weight with Starscream

Tonights dinner was homemade pizza, without cheese. I know what you are thinking, but it's actually quite good. Don't get me wrong, I love cheese. I'm just trying to make it a little less fattening. We put mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, spinach, and BBQ chicken on it and I made the dough out of a mix of whole wheat and white flour (I also prefer to use a little brown sugar and molasses in my recipe). Came out really good, definitely a keeper.

backwoods357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:26 AM   #1282
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

decided to pick up going to the gym again, haven't been for 6 months due to an injury, vacation, surgery and laziness but started again this week with 2 workouts. I start a new job on monday (first job after 18 months), I have to get used to a new schedule anyway, so why not get used to working 40 hours and going to the gym 3 times a week instead of just getting used to working 40 hours?
Old 04-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #1283
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoods357 View Post
Andy, it's called Cheatham Hill. It's part of a large park known as Kennesaw Battlefield Memorial. Attached is a pic of the memorial on the hill (180 degrees from the first pic).

Travis, I've seen a ton of deer in the area, but none in the fields. Didn't see any spots where they bedded down either.
Must be because of all the foot traffic.
Is that anywhere near I-20?

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #1284
backwoods357
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jorgen
Trading: (14)
backwoods357 will become famous soon enough

It's west of I-75N
here

Because Its off road it shows a marker on the nearest road, just ignore the "A" marker. The green marker is where I was. The whole green area that is crisscrossed by roads is the battlefield memorial park. If you wanted to actually go there I would drive up Cheatham Hill Rd and park in the lot directly west of the memorial (you can see the trails through the grass in the satellite view), cross the road and take a right at the fork in the path.
backwoods357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #1285
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Not a good week so far with food, but a great week for activity and exercise. Spent the weekend camping with my son at the local Boy Scout camp. We walked at least 5 miles Saturday. I also got in two workouts on the NFL Training Camp 60 Day Challenge for the Wii.

Today's tip is about exercise: In order to stick to an exercise regimen, make sure it is enjoyable.
http://www.ajc.com/health/atlanta-lo...un-789492.html

Insert quote here.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:34 AM   #1286
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoods357 View Post
It's west of I-75N
here

Because Its off road it shows a marker on the nearest road, just ignore the "A" marker. The green marker is where I was. The whole green area that is crisscrossed by roads is the battlefield memorial park. If you wanted to actually go there I would drive up Cheatham Hill Rd and park in the lot directly west of the memorial (you can see the trails through the grass in the satellite view), cross the road and take a right at the fork in the path.
I was close, just on the east side of Atlanta, where it's actually on the north/west side. Never been there, but I see signs for it on the interstate when I travel that direction.

Insert quote here.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:50 AM   #1287
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

Transcript from the CNN joy behar show about the new study that Andy linked about food addiction

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...07/joy.01.html
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:09 AM   #1288
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Completed Day 6 of NFL Training Camp last night.

Insert quote here.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #1289
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
Transcript from the CNN joy behar show about the new study that Andy linked about food addiction

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...07/joy.01.html
Just to let the rest of you know, the food addiction segment is at the very end. I don't like Behar, but the segment was pretty good. I'm glad that I don't consider myself a food addict.

Insert quote here.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #1290
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

i couldnt find the video ;(
Old 04-14-2011, 08:06 AM   #1291
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

No change this week. I worked out hard for 5 days last week and I do feel better physically though, so it was not for nothing. Sucks that I have some sort of head cold/infection yesterday and today preventing me from working out. Feel like crap today...

Insert quote here.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #1292
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

After spending a week down in Mississippi and Georgia with my brother, I was back up to 196 last Sunday. Today I weighed in and I am back down to 190. Still not back to 186 like I was a couple of weeks ago, but I'm getting there.
Fordman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:39 PM   #1293
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

I'm dreading getting back on the scale when I get back from vacation. Nothing but food, booze, cigars and more booze and food. Back to the schedule Tuesday.
Posted via Mobile Device
Chainsaw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:21 AM   #1294
Texan in Mexico
Feeling at Home

First Name: Travis
Trading: (0)
LGC
Texan in Mexico has disabled reputation

Morning all, trip took a toll big time - lots of exercise but more bad food - back up 5 lbs...
Posted via Mobile Device
Texan in Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:07 AM   #1295
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever View Post
After spending a week down in Mississippi and Georgia with my brother, I was back up to 196 last Sunday. Today I weighed in and I am back down to 190. Still not back to 186 like I was a couple of weeks ago, but I'm getting there.
Stay focused, Earl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
I'm dreading getting back on the scale when I get back from vacation. Nothing but food, booze, cigars and more booze and food. Back to the schedule Tuesday.
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico View Post
Morning all, trip took a toll big time - lots of exercise but more bad food - back up 5 lbs...
Posted via Mobile Device
Bob and Travis, bad weeks happen, just don't make them habitual. Everybody slides from time to time.

No exercise in a week for me. This cough/chest congestion has prevented me from doing much. Got on the scale yesterday and it looks good for my check in on Wednesday.

Insert quote here.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:01 AM   #1296
Texan in Mexico
Feeling at Home

First Name: Travis
Trading: (0)
LGC
Texan in Mexico has disabled reputation

In the grand scheme of things you are right - important to stay the course. Thanks for the pep talk.
Posted via Mobile Device
Texan in Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:46 AM   #1297
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico View Post
In the grand scheme of things you are right - important to stay the course. Thanks for the pep talk.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm just not a great example of staying the course.

Insert quote here.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #1298
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

211.2 today. Not bad considering I haven't taken a dump in like 20 years.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #1299
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Insert quote here.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:11 PM   #1300
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

reading a book called why we get fat or something like that, amazing read, and debunks the calories in/calories out myth that is thought to be common knowledge among every expert including doctors and nutritionists and pretty much..everyone. Really crazy stuff.

Also passover around these parts, so im up to around 10 billion lbs